Crown & Anchor Program Revisions - join the merged discussions here

ommboz

Glad you asked !! These were family cruises not chosen by myself -- one a reunion and the other a kids cruise for my nephews and neices. But you know what? the food and service was superior on both to my most recent RCCL cruises. Nevertheless, I was going to give RCCL another chance this winter on a Transatlantic Westbound on the Voyager-- that is, until the changes to Diamond were announced.

Hmm..... well, I am sure RCCL will be devastated - the ta's of course, are extremely reasonably priced and Diamonds proliferate!! The school holiday cruises etc. that you took on the other lines would be in high season and Disney especially, is not cheap!! I am sure that you spent far more on those cruises than the ta and did not expect a Concierge Lounge, free drinks and other freebies!!!

Are you kidding? They are trying to cut down on the loyalty perks!!

We were elite on Celebrity, moved over to RCCL, had to start from 1 and are now Diamond Plus in a few years - all with cruises over 10 days. They need to make it more DIFFICULT to reach D+, not easier, as otherwise they will be back to square one!!

I think I understand what you are saying about the 'numbers', but for at least the last few years your level at RCCL was given equal status at Celebrity and vice versa. We are both 'Diamond' and 'Elite'. I suspect part of the 'crowding' problem lay in the fact that the 'Elites' at Celebrity can clearly see that RCCL "had" a better "loyalty" program. But 'credits' on one do not count toward 'credits' on the other. However, the 'make it more DIFFICULT' line sounds like a little bit of the "we are aboard, pull up the ladder" philosophy. How about, "Let's play by the rules that were established at the beginning of the game?" How about, "Let's honor the benefits that were promised and earned?" In all fairness, if the rules need to be changed, they should only be changed for those who are not already members of the Crown and Anchor Society at any level. Anyone who has bothered to join is obviously persuing the 'advertised' benefits. "They" do not even keep a record of your cruises, if you are not a member. At least that was the case when I first joined and I had to go back through years of credit card receipts to find acceptable 'proof' of my Nordic Prince cruise.:rolleyes:

Oh Sealord I'm so glad you found that..yesterday someone said on here that the CL was originally for suite passengers and I knew that wasn't true but I can't remember when they started letting the suite passengers use the lounge. I didn't want to get into a big hassle about it so I let it drop. Thank You.

From your comment above, you have it backwards. The Concierge Lounge was originally designed to be used by "suite" guests only. C&A then decided to extend the invitation to it's D/D+ pax.

I think I understand what you are saying about the 'numbers', but for at least the last few years your level at RCCL was given equal status at Celebrity and vice versa. We are both 'Diamond' and 'Elite'. I suspect part of the 'crowding' problem lay in the fact that the 'Elites' at Celebrity can clearly see that RCCL "had" a better "loyalty" program. But 'credits' on one do not count toward 'credits' on the other. However, the 'make it more DIFFICULT' line sounds like a little bit of the "we are aboard, pull up the ladder" philosophy. How about, "Let's play by the rules that were established at the beginning of the game?" How about, "Let's honor the benefits that were promised and earned?" In all fairness, if the rules need to be changed, they should only be changed for those who are not already members of the Crown and Anchor Society at any level. Anyone who has bothered to join is obviously persuing the 'advertised' benefits. "They" do not even keep a record of your cruises, if you are not a member. At least that was the case when I first joined and I had to go back through years of credit card receipts to find acceptable 'proof' of my Nordic Prince cruise.:rolleyes:

As far as I am aware, the credits were never combined. We were delighted to become Diamonds on RCCL because of our status on Celebrity. Wasn't at all miffed about starting from scratch - if you have a status on Princess, you don't get it on Carnival, although its the same parent company. I actually thought RCCL was quite fair!! We received nice benefits whilst accruing our cruise credits.

Hmm..... well, I am sure RCCL will be devastated - the ta's of course, are extremely reasonably priced and Diamonds proliferate!! The school holiday cruises etc. that you took on the other lines would be in high season and Disney especially, is not cheap!! I am sure that you spent far more on those cruises than the ta and did not expect a Concierge Lounge, free drinks and other freebies!!!

Let's not forget to mention the number of D+ cruisers who enjoy the Transatlantic cruises... they proliferate as well!

Let's not forget to mention the number of D+ cruisers who enjoy the Transatlantic cruises... they proliferate as well!

Far fewer - but the point is that Trafficlaw is spending his/her/its' big bucks on the other lines and not expecting the CL, free drinkies, etc. Yet he is on here whinging about losing these benefits, whilst paying far less than his cruises on other lines, who are not offering these very benefits!!!

"They" do not even keep a record of your cruises, if you are not a member. At least that was the case when I first joined and I had to go back through years of credit card receipts to find acceptable 'proof' of my Nordic Prince cruise.:rolleyes:

So, do like we do and keep all your Seapasses. :)

"Thems that do get.":):):)

It is amazing where these threads always lead. Either to the lawsuit or the contact pandering politicians.:mad:

What a country, eh..... I think we need a puking emoticon.

jc

jc,

Can you make one? I would love it. :D

God help us. They will take away our RCI credits and give to our neighbor. :eek:

LOL ... and sorry ... if you look at the top of the page you can see I from California. These are the only 'congress people' I have. I thought they might be interested in case this leads to these new 'mega-boats' becoming available for conversion to aircraft carriers. Sorry also if I 'unintentionally' injected politics into the discussion. That was not intended. I learned in the Navy that it is not necessarily who you send the message 'to' that gives it power, it is sometimes more important 'who' gets a copy.;)

I'm really curious...do people really select their vacations based on the fact that they might get a couple of free drinks a night in an overcrowded lounge? 1.gif

BINGO! It's not about the drinks, it's the entire loss of the CL and service except on Freedom and Oasis Class ships. If there is a Diamond lounge on those ships (with, as I understand it, a conceirge) then have it on all ships. Not everyone like to sails on the new mega ships.

For me the ports/itinerary is the first thing i look at. The ship is second.

It is also about all the little changes over the past 18 - 24 months that begin to add up to the "straw that broke the camels back".

I was willing to pay a little more (all things being somewhat equal between Princess and RCL) but this just levels that playing field.

As to free drinks, I'd bet that most (maybe not all) tipped the Conceirge/CL Bartenders for their service. For me it was close to what those drinks would have cost me anyway. They also lose in this deal (in fact some Conceirges have already left when their pay was cut in half).

Since I am married to trafficlaw... I can say with certainty that we did not pay more for our Carnival Cruise! Disney - yes, but that is (IMO) in a class by itself. We tried to get the family to cruise RCI, but my brother-in-law and his kids are biiiigggg Disney Lovers... while I thought it was a GREAT product with FANTASTIC food and phenomenal entertainment, I would not sail Disney again - unless I had kids.

Far fewer - but the point is that Trafficlaw is spending his/her/its' big bucks on the other lines and not expecting the CL, free drinkies, etc. Yet he is on here whinging about losing these benefits, whilst paying far less than his cruises on other lines, who are not offering these very benefits!!!

BHughey - you and Trafficlaw are obviously related, so I will ignore your posts in future, as two to one is not a fair fight!!! I would expect you to support him/her/she/it, obviously!!

Or are you one and the same person?

The Jewel is one of our favorite ships as well, and the Odyssey is a perfect place for the spillover lounge.

As a matter of fact, I think that the Odyssey is the lounge on the Jewel that would suit a special lounge for Diamonds.......to have cocktails and appetizers on a nightly basis. The cocktails would be deeply discounted, and there would be an officer at the door to check sea passes. Any Diamond Plus or Suite passenger would also be allowed to use this lounge, and pay the going rate.

I envision that the program would be set up, as it is now, with no foo foo drinks, just the same ones that are now allowed in the spill over lounge.

At some point, only Suite guests would be allowed the concierge lounge.

What I'm trying to work out in my mind, is to have someone like a concierge to be able to handle changing dinner reservations, pass out tender tickets, and a host of other items.

A new coffee machine would be placed in the Odyssey for cappuccinos, with the time being set from 7AM to 10 AM. I know that the lounge is used for different functions during the day..........but it would be a Diamond Lounge during the morning hours, and from 5 PM to 8:30 PM.

Would something like this appeal to Diamond members.........or am I way off track???

By the way, I have picked this one lounge on one ship to illustrate my point.

Rick

I think you have it pretty much there. I would like to have the continued access for the above reasons. You can charge something for the alcohol (and I'm not quite sure why this hasn't been done all along)... but leave some free chocolate covered strawberries for me! Now, my opinion may change again in a couple of weeks. So Rick, you will have to be my mood monitor. I have never experienced the CL up to now... so I will see if it is all that I hope it to be.

Aw! Thank you. :)

I have certain beliefs that will not be compromised. :eek:

Now that C&A perks have been made a federal case, taxation on CL lounge benefits could be around the corner. They have tried to tax frequent flyer miles in the past so what is keep Congress from lumping this in there as well.

BHughey - you and Trafficlaw are obviously related, so I will ignore your posts in future, as two to one is not a fair fight!!! I would expect you to support him/her/she/it, obviously!!

Or are you one and the same person?

We are not the same person... and I am not fighting. Just stating.

Nope - neither were in high season. The Carnival was really inexpensive. The Disney was realtively expensive, but the service, food and attention to detail was exceptional. Naturally, I didn't expect a CL or free drinks because neither company ever told me that it would be a benefit to which I would be entitled. While I certainly don't expect RCCL to be devastated by my individual cancelation, I think the decline in quality and customer service will ultimately be the cause of their demise.

Since I am married to trafficlaw... I can say with certainty that we did not pay more for our Carnival Cruise! Disney - yes, but that is (IMO) in a class by itself. We tried to get the family to cruise RCI, but my brother-in-law and his kids are biiiigggg Disney Lovers... while I thought it was a GREAT product with FANTASTIC food and phenomenal entertainment, I would not sail Disney again - unless I had kids.

Excuses, excuses!!

Did you demand free drinks? CL? Spend on RCCL and you will also receive - when you are a Plusser!! So, if you won't go Disney again, earn your Diamond + benefits or go on another line.

Its a LOYALTY programme - and its not a right!! Loyalty programmes change - just look at the airlines!!

Something had to be done - and they did it!! Perhaps they could have softened the blow a little, but they didn't. And judging by the responses on here, the reaction would have been just the same!! Damned if they do and damned if they don't!!

--------------------------------

Charter member - Royal PITA

LOL ... and sorry ... if you look at the top of the page you can see I from California. These are the only 'congress people' I have. I thought they might be interested in case this leads to these new 'mega-boats' becoming available for conversion to aircraft carriers. Sorry also if I 'unintentionally' injected politics into the discussion. That was not intended. I learned in the Navy that it is not necessarily who you send the message 'to' that gives it power, it is sometimes more important 'who' gets a copy.;)

I apologize completely and understand as my Senator is Harry Reid. :eek::eek::eek:

Now that C&A perks have been made a federal case, taxation on CL lounge benefits could be around the corner. They have tried to tax frequent flyer miles in the past so what is keep Congress from lumping this in there as well.

God help us. :eek:

I hope they never go there. :eek:

After waiting 7 days I received the following reply. I never have received an original email telling me about the changes. I do believe they did not even pull up my account info as they "would be very happy to have you onboard any of our 22 ships in the near future." Did they not realize I sail in under two weeks? :confused: I'm not sure I expected more from them than this. Now to figure out if I want to send an email back about the canned response. :rolleyes:

Crown & Anchor Society # *********

RE: Concierge Lounge

Dear *******:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your benefits. We apologize for any delay in our response. You are a valued Diamond member. We recognize that you are not pleased by our recent communication regarding benefits changes effective July 1, 2009 as it relates to eligibility for access to the Concierge lounges throughout the fleet. We made this decision because too often crowding in the lounges prevents us from fulfilling our original purpose of providing suite guests with a private, exclusive amenity. It has not been an easy decision to make but we believe it is necessary to offer this service at an appropriate level.

Royal Caribbean will continue to recognize the value of Diamond level members in a variety of ways. Diamond members cruising on Freedom and Oasis class ships will continue to experience exclusive access to a dedicated Diamond lounge on these ships, which feature complimentary Happy Hour from 5 - 8:30 p.m. daily. Ships that do not have a Diamond lounge will have a new special event hosted by our ships' officers for Diamond members to meet and mingle with other members. It will feature complimentary wine, champagne and hors d'oeuvres.

In addition, Royal Caribbean remains committed to maintaining a world class standard in our product delivery. Our fleet is performing at a very high level in 2009 and we hope you will come back to us soon and experience our Gold Anchor Service and amazing innovations. While we are exceptionally excited to introduce Oasis of the Seas later this year and her sister Allure of the Seas in 2010, we would be very happy to have you onboard any of our 22 ships in the near future.

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback, and assure you it will be properly documented and utilized for future decision-making purposes.

*******, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Cheryl Kramer

Crown & Anchor Society

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS? COMMENTS?

Call: 1-800-526-9723, 8 AM to 11 PM EST, Monday-Friday, 9 AM to 8 PM EST Saturday-Sunday

(Outside the United States or Canada: +1-316-554-5951)

Visit our Web site: http://www.royalcaribbean.com

E-mail us: crownandanchor@rccl.com

Write us: Crown & Anchor Society

P.O. Box 026053

Miami, FL 33102-6053

*** Be sure to keep your Crown & Anchor Membership Number handy and always provide it every time you book a Royal Caribbean cruise vacation to get all the benefits to which you are entitled. ***

Archived