Crown & Anchor Program Revisions - join the merged discussions here

ommboz

They do not have a steak from Chops. This is a "chop," meaning a cut of steak that is served in the MDR

Now I am confused...can someone clarify??? Is it a steak from Chops? OR a chop from Chops? OR just a thicker steak in the MDR? :confused:

HEY, at least Richard got SOMETHING. I am Diamond and have cruised five (5) weeks on RCI since December [Mariner in December, Independence B2B in January and Vision B2B in March (plus a week on sister line Celebrity Solstice in December)] and I have 5+ weeks of outstanding reservations on RCI [serenade Panama Canal, Freedom B2B, Oasis (plus Celebrity Xpedition to the Galapagos)] and I have heard absolutely NOTHING from RCI about the original CL change much less this additional change. I did confirm with C&A this past week that they do have my email [plus I can see it listed on my C&A webpage account], and they have NO explaination as to why they never tell me anything. If it wasn't for CruiseCritic I'd never find out anything until way after the fact. Maybe RCI figures that if I'm willing to sail on the Vision with no Lounges at all, and book that many additional cruises then I'm a sucker who does not need to be informed. Obviously I like RCI, but they seem to go out of their way to make me feel that I have NO importance to them.

Thom

They are still answering emails...i just got one today from them.

I have not received the standard email from Adam Goldstein, maybe b/c I never wrote him. I did, however, write Vicki Freed (Senior VP of Sales) who came over from Carnival. Email to follow:

"Thanks for your e-mail.

I'm very sorry that you did not receive a response to your last note. As

you can imagine, we have received many comments regarding the recent

changes to the Crown & Anchor Society. Based on this feedback, Mr.

Goldstein wanted to make some changes that would appease our Diamond

members. He did outline those changes in his letter.

Please know that we certainly appreciate the support and feedback from you and all of our most loyal guests."

Best regards,

Vicki

Vicki L. Freed, CTC

SVP, Sales and Trade Support & Services

I thought it was a nice touch and showed a lot of class on her part. According to my TA (not an employee of RCI) Vicki is a great gal and easy to work with. Just thought I should share this after sharing all my angst about the sudden changes.

Peter

Go you Cubbies!!

Now I am confused...can someone clarify??? Is it a steak from Chops? OR a chop from Chops? OR just a thicker steak in the MDR? :confused:

It is a 10 oz Black Angus New York strip steak commonly referred to as "a chop" - ie. like pork chop

The confusion came in because the specialty steak restaurant onboard is also called Chops and folks thought the steak from Chops was the "chop" that was being served in the MDR.

Brilliant. Simply brilliant. I'm buying RCI stock now. These guys know how to "negotiate". This is a classic tactic: say you are taking away a truck load or stuff, then scale back on the cuts: you look like a superstar to your customers. Gov't do it all the time. Mgmt/Unions do it all the time. It seems to work all of the time too.

Hats off to the suits. :D

I think superstar is way off the mark. They did this because of the money they were losing from people canceling cruises and from people not putting down deposits on new cruises in protest.

RCI lost a lot here. Many people will not be back others will sail cruises they have booked but look at other lines for future cruises. Many will no longer get new cruisers/customers for RCI. The loyalty, trust, integrity and good will that had been built up over the years between the Company and many of its long term, loyal frequent cruisers is gone. That is too bad for RCI. This was no negotiation, this was a band aid to stop the bleeding of money out of the RCI coffers.

HEY, at least Richard got SOMETHING. I am Diamond and have cruised five (5) weeks on RCI since December [Mariner in December, Independence B2B in January and Vision B2B in March (plus a week on sister line Celebrity Solstice in December)] and I have 5+ weeks of outstanding reservations on RCI [serenade Panama Canal, Freedom B2B, Oasis (plus Celebrity Xpedition to the Galapagos)] and I have heard absolutely NOTHING from RCI about the original CL change much less this additional change. I did confirm with C&A this past week that they do have my email [plus I can see it listed on my C&A webpage account], and they have NO explaination as to why they never tell me anything. If it wasn't for CruiseCritic I'd never find out anything until way after the fact. Maybe RCI figures that if I'm willing to sail on the Vision with no Lounges at all, and book that many additional cruises then I'm a sucker who does not need to be informed. Obviously I like RCI, but they seem to go out of their way to make me feel that I have NO importance to them.

Thom

They are still answering emails...i just got one today from them.
It is not a matter of whether RCI has answered an email - RCI has NEVER informed me in any way about any changes [and yes, that includes no information on changes to combinability (or lack thereof) of Shareholder (yes, I am one) and Diamond discounts] or CL changes or changes to the changes. Without CruiseCritic I'd be the proverbial mushroom.

Thom

I sincerely apologize for those who pointed out that my remarks were rude. They were not directed at those who were legitimately upset and then were satisfied that their complaints brought about action by RCI. The "whiners" I refer to are those who are still not satisfied, will never be satisfied, and want others to remain dissatisfied--and to those who whine into the future about what may or may not happen. That's not constructive; it is WHINING. I do not apologize for that label.

Well I for one am glad to see you finally removed that "Stamp out Whiners" thing from your sig. That was really rude and offensive on a daily basis.

I did not write that. ??? :confused:

Hey.....I look at it like this......If there weren't whiners, there would be no changes for the 'CHAMPAGNE & WINE'RS. LOL!! :p:D THANK US!!! LoL

DENISE -- 36 - Yonkers, NY

OOOHHH!!! I like that..."Winer's"!!! LOL!!! I don't really drink wine so call me a Crown Royaler! LOL

I actually worked at the corner of McLean and Central in 1983.

Lived up the hill behind Ricky Clam House, and behind Westchester Towers.

No way! WHere did you work? Remember Waldbaums(Now A&P)....well across the street is Coyne park. If you threw a stone, you would just about hit my house. LOL

FYI: Rickys was just torn down. Yup, down to the foundation. A new pizzeria/restaurant is being built now. Mom says ....Remember "Family Affair" restaurant? We ate there all the time. It has changed many, many times.

Denise

Well I for one am glad to see you finally removed that "Stamp out Whiners" thing from your sig. That was really rude and offensive on a daily basis.

I am fairly pleased with the concessions the RCI is making but I understand that others still aren't happy. I don't like seeing them referred to as whiners either.

It is not a matter of whether RCI has answered an email - RCI has NEVER informed me in any way about any changes [and yes, that includes no information on changes to combinability (or lack thereof) of Shareholder (yes, I am one) and Diamond discounts] or CL changes or changes to the changes. Without CruiseCritic I'd be the proverbial mushroom.

Thom

ditto

Actually I think that MM hit the nail on the head. Of course even with this change by Royal Caribbean, some people will still complain as that is what they have programmed themselves to do. Nothing can make them happy.

Well you are of course both entitled to your opinions. But that does not make it fact. As far as posters (the poster to whom you referred) who continue to call other posters "whiners" for whatever reason all I can say is that name calling is not constructive in any way. But some people cannot help themselves. Maybe it is the way they are programmed as you say?

All good things must come to an end. ;) This discussion has had a long life and as with many things, new developments are revealed and it's time to start anew. This thread is being closed. A new thread with the contents of the letter from RCCL has been started here. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=967573 If you want to discuss this further, please do so on that ONE thread. Thank you.

As always, direct any questions to the e mail address below.

Archived