upgrade how do you know

patfine

On our Alaskan voyage on the Tahitian Princess, we didn't know until we "checked in" at the Princess desk in the hotel we were staying in Vancouver. I'm sure it was a last minute cancellation of a mini-suite that we ended up with. Because we weren't at the ship yet, we were able to change our bag tags to the new cabin number.

Question....

Who qualifies for a free upgrade and do you have to request it?

Thanks

When you book your cruise, you have the choice of marking your booking 'open for upgrades' (which is the default choice) or marking your choice 'no upgrade'. Leaving your booking open for an upgrade does not mean you will receive one, but that you wouldn't turn it down if one came along.

Just keep in mind, all upgrades are not good upgrades. And usually they are within the category you booked, just to a higher category but within the same type of stateroom you originally booked.

Our TA did not notify us and neither did Princess. We found out on our Personalizer page. My husband found out when I was hooting and hollering at our computer one night very late......

When you book your cruise, you have the choice of marking your booking 'open for upgrades' (which is the default choice) or marking your choice 'no upgrade'. Leaving your booking open for an upgrade does not mean you will receive one, but that you wouldn't turn it down if one came along.

Just keep in mind, all upgrades are not good upgrades. And usually they are within the category you booked, just to a higher category but within the same type of stateroom you originally booked.

I agree. The times we did receive upgrades, which were always to a mini from a BA Balcony, we lucked out because they were decent minis.

When we booked real early and picked out a specific cabin because of the location (either deck with a balcony advantage or a position being port or starboard because of the routing) we have opted out of the upgrade and marked the specific cabin.

Archived