Dinner in the Windjammer

zdd817

It varies nightly.........they generally have some things that are on the dinner menu.........as well as a make your own pasta station (tell the chefs what you want, they cook it...), and MYO noodle station............(same thing, but asian)....a mongolian BBQ (pick a protein, and veggies, etc.......), salads, soups and a bunch of desserts........it's actually pretty nice..........................we did that once in Feb on Ex..........had a tasty meal..........good and hot!

what do they serve in the windjammer for dinner if i decide not to go to the main dining room?

I went on the Explorer in January with several family members and for us we HATED the MDR! We ate every meal just about in the WJ. We all liked that you could build yourself a plate of a little of this and a little of that. We just aren't the 3 or 4 course wait to be served kind of people. One of our party is handicapped (mentally and physically) so he only eats certain kinds of food, we were able to fill up his bowls and plates with the things he eats and we all had the best time with the more informal atmosphere. We sat at the same table each evening and had the same "waiter" she got to know what we wanted to drink and had it on the way almost as soon as we sat down.

Variety wise...

They had make your own pizzas, pasta. Every night a different meat at the carving station. Asian food stations, wide and various choices of desserts (cakes, pies, cookies, jello) fresh fruit, sliced fruit. They also have an ice cream station where you can build your own sundae.

You won't go hungry. The variety and quality of food in WJ is very good indeed. Bizarrely we like the hot dogs. I guess that's because it's not something we generally eat at home. I will never forget as long as I live eating in WJ and seeing a crocodile sunbathing on a nearby bank. You can't invent that kind of scenario.

what do they serve in the windjammer for dinner if i decide not to go to the main dining room?

The selection of food in the Windjammer really depends on the ship. The selection on the Vision of the Seas was very limited compared to some of the Explorer Class ships. The Monarch of the Seas was somewhere in the middle. My favorite times in the Windjammer for dinner have been on ships that have a Jade section offering Asian specialties.

Happy sailing to all !! :)

Archived