Do they still have free newspapers and sudokus?

Someone may have addressed this in the other C&A posts, but while we're at it, are there still "newspapers" and sudokus available everyday on every ship? My bf and I enjoyed going to the library and getting them before heading to the pool every morning. If they're gone, I'm done! :D

Someone may have addressed this in the other C&A posts, but while we're at it, are there still "newspapers" and sudokus available everyday on every ship? My bf and I enjoyed going to the library and getting them before heading to the pool every morning. If they're gone, I'm done! :D

From the reviews I've been reading they may have done away with the newspapers. They were something I enjoyed reading while sitting in the Granduer centrum watching the ocean go by. This is not 1st hand knowledge.

Not long back from IOS and we couldn't find any 'newspapers' anywhere on the ship

This must be a recent cut back as we had them on Indy last year :( Interestingly we had 2 Compasses in our room every night on Jewel this year; one would have been sufficient. On Indy we only had the one which is where the different colour highlighter pens came in useful!

:mad: We were on the Independence of the Seas last month and there was no New York Times via fax. When I asked at the main desk, I was told that I could always get it on line or watch the news on television. I have no desire to pay the very high prices to surf for the news on the net and besides it is difficult to do on my balcony. This is one cut back that is really disappointing. It certainly can't be to save paper. The daily compass was stuffed each day with special inserts for bingo, the art auction, inch of gold, shop sales, etc., etc., etc.!

:mad: We were on the Independence of the Seas last month and there was no New York Times via fax. When I asked at the main desk, I was told that I could always get it on line or watch the news on television. I have no desire to pay the very high prices to surf for the news on the net and besides it is difficult to do on my balcony. This is one cut back that is really disappointing. It certainly can't be to save paper. The daily compass was stuffed each day with special inserts for bingo, the art auction, inch of gold, shop sales, etc., etc., etc.!

It's not to do with paper. Getting the news transmitted from a news agency comes at a cost. It's a paid for service.

lol. DH loves both the little newssheets and the sudoku. He will cry if they're not there anymore! The Liberty just had them back in November, and we're going on Explorer in a couple of weeks, so hopefully they'll be there!!!

Not on the Explorer any more. Were told that they were doing away with them.

Oh poo! I better tell DH to bring his Sudoku book! lol

It's not to do with paper. Getting the news transmitted from a news agency comes at a cost. It's a paid for service.

Actually they could do the little 1-2 sheet highlight story papers with only their own paper, ink and internet. Since they weren't reselling them they could just print the info from the internet.

We were on Indy in Feb. and asked about the newspapers when we couldn't find them. Were told they are no more. Something they have done away with, at least on Indy. Don't know about other ships. They still had the puzzles and trivia papers in the library.

On Voyager last month the library still had sudoku puzzles everyday--not sure about trivia. But no newspapers. At least not in English, I did notice several sheets that resembled newspapers, but they were in other languages. Does anybody remember when they used to slide the news sheet under your cabin door every morning? Some days that was just too rude an awakening!

Awww crap. This is what happens when you don't cruise in seven years. I last cruised on the Enchantment in early '02 and after reading the above replies, I was just reminded about those fabulous NY Times papers that you could get with all the daily headlines. I completely forgot about them on the Majesty last month.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr I'm SOOOOOOO sick of these little cut backs. :(

Archived