1st Lady wearing white . . . already!

nitnyleo

Of course I was kidding . . . but, y'all didn't skewer me too much . . .

But, a question remains: why do so many cruisers ask about wearing white in the Caribbean during the winter? That question is always popping up.

Have a nice cruise! :)

But, a question remains: why do so many cruisers ask about wearing white in the Caribbean during the winter? That question is always popping up.

nitnyleo...Perhaps the next time you're "kidding", you could use a "Wink ;)". Posters who have been around here for some time have learned to take nothing for granted. The tone of your thread, especially with the "Unhappy :(" face, in no way, shape or form indicates that you were "kidding".

The Cruise Fashions & Beauty Board is one of the most civil boards on CC and provoking is not what we're accustomed to here.

my bad :o

I think everyone who commented really did think you were

serious. (Including me).

I agree with Karen, a wink;) would have mellowed the responses

10 fold:)

Oh, they showed her visiting a school today:)

The students had no idea she was going to visit!

Talk about smiles:D....oh it seems the press, the people,

most everyone in the UK thinks she dresses beautifully:)

The girls in the school were quite awestruck. It was

quite touching.

Oh she had a really cute dress on today;)...I don't believe

I had seen anything like it...the sleeves looked sort of like

an Argyle pattern..the dress was blue and personally,

I loved it!

Ya know what is worse than wearing white before Memorial Day? People actually caring what someone else is wearing, and makes a big deal about it.

I'm sure my grandmother is breakdancing in her grave. But then again, my grandmother was born in 1906. She got on my case in the late 1980s because I didn't wear white gloves to church each Sunday. :p

Give the woman a break. Protocol is new to her, and no doubt she will make other mistakes too. Mrs. Obama's intentions are good, and that is what really counts. Hardly the end of civilization, y'all.

All this snarking and nit-picking smacks of sour grapes to me. :rolleyes:

For those of us raised by families from the deep south, the White Rule is still stuck in the back of our heads!

I wore white capris and white sandals on my cruise last week, and the sun came up next morning, and not a soul laughed me off the ship! If my grandmothers were alive they'd have cut me out of their wills. :p

Michelle Obama touched the Queen, which is not supposed to happen, as per the Protocol.

It's not the first time it happens. I remember we had an incident here with a sportsman/business man who touched the Queen shoulder once. I think the Queen is getting used to it these days.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7978054.stm

Oh she had a really cute dress on today;)...I don't believe

I had seen anything like it...the sleeves looked sort of like

an Argyle pattern..the dress was blue and personally,

I loved it!

http://michelleobamawatch.com/argyle-gatefirst-lady-michelle-obama-visits-elizabeth-garrett-anderson-schoo-sandra-rose-compliments-kinda-sweater-while-others-savage-but-did-they-listen-to-what-she-had-to-say-as-she-fought

Personnally, I don't like it very much but to each their own opinions.

As far as no wearing of white before Memorail Day' date=' and after Labor Day, that was mostly a Southern thing. It's the way I grew up, and I still wouldn't think of wearing white shoes before or after. Even after all these years in Florida, I find it hard except for athletic shoes. :D This custom has pretty much gone the wayside, but there are a few of us "old fogies" and diehards that still go by this old time fashion thing. :rolleyes:;)[/color']

I grew up in Los Angeles and was raised the same way. I *still* follow the rule. LOL Can't.break.the.habit.

btw, I'm 39.

Michelle Obama touched the Queen, which is not supposed to happen, as per the Protocol.

It's not the first time it happens. I remember we had an incident here with a sportsman/business man who touched the Queen shoulder once. I think the Queen is getting used to it these days.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7978054.stm

When seeing the newscast of the meeting, it looked very clear, at least to me, that the Queen extended her hand first.:)

When seeing the newscast of the meeting, it looked very clear, at least to me, that the Queen extended her hand first.:)

I'm not sure we talk about the same thing. I'm talking about when Ms. Obama put her hands behind the Queen Shoulders (1min12 secs of the video). I'm not sure but the Queen might have been surprised by this (we don't see her face the Queen's arm moves rapidly toward her shoulder - might have been for another reason though).

You are right;)...that is why I said "In my opinion" I thought

she looked great.

I figured others on here would not like it.

I think so many cruisers ask about wearing white because it only seems natural to wear white in the tropics.

I think wearing white depends on the fabric weight and the weather. I would never wear white linen slacks in March on a sunny day but I might wear white jeans. Nor would I wear white jeans in the heat of the day in August. I guess it's really about using common sense.

Not any more! ;)

"It was a mutual and spontaneous display of affection," he said. "We don't issue instructions on not touching the queen."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iU2_BrNBSIf8q7Dpe7TZaCq11qeAD97AFO700

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090402/ap_on_re_eu/g20_michelle_obama

Archived