Finally, a new perk from Royal Caribbean

And what happens if I can't afford a balcony on my next cruise? Will I then feel like Steerage? Will there be a velvet rope in the dining room separating those WITH toothpicks in their cabins and those without?

I think the pressure is just too much. What if someone knows I don't have a toothpick? Will my sea pass be a different color?

Who's with me to start a letter writing campaign?

You can also use the toothpicks for your favorite tropical drinks as the use of those cute umbrellas and fruit will soon be discontinued. We'll be able to make our own foo foo drink decorations!

And don't forget scrapbooking! After the cruise those toothpicks are keepers!

:D:D:D

On the same day, they have also announced that all suites and diamond level repeat passenegers will receive an upgrade to single ply toilet paper instead of the standard newsprint for all other passengers.:D

However, each cabin is limited to one roll only at the start of the voyage.

Following the announcement regarding toothpicks and toilet paper a spokesperson for RCCL announced that seasickness bags will no longer be distributed freely during a rough voyage. There will be one bag issued per cabin and only suite and diamond / diamond + passengers will have an unlimited supply.

:p:eek:

There might also be a small cover charge to use the elevators on cruises longer than 4 nights. This will be billed to you seapass account.

Well, I guess it is better than nothing.

But why just for the Balcony and Suite guests?

Royal Caribbean Enhances Cruising Experience

Innovative tooth picks to be provided on a nightly basis

Miami – April 1, 2009 - Royal Caribbean International today announced a new fleet wide benefit for cruise vacationers. Effective April 1st, all passengers in Balcony Cabins and Suites will now receive two complimentary toothpicks in their cabins on a nightly basis. Responding to customer concern about tooth decay, Royal Caribbean elected to discontinue providing chocolates each evening and have been researching for a more appropriate item.

The expansion of Royal Caribbean’s Labadee resort provided a welcome additional source of wood and ultimately an economic benefit to the local economy.

Designed by well known Norwegian Frisk Tannlege, this new product is exclusive to Royal Caribbean and is sure to quickly become a collector’s item.

"We are sure that we will get substantial feed back from our guests," said Darlig Tenner , senior vice president, Miscellaneous Merchandise, Royal Caribbean International. "We have conducted extensive use of this innovative product and I personally have found it very beneficial."

Royal Caribbean International is a global cruise brand with 20 ships currently in service and two under construction. The line also offers unique cruisetour vacations in Alaska, Asia, Australia, Canada, Europe, South America and New Zealand.

Very funny Andrew....

That is a good one! ;)

The article did not mention if they were imported from

Canadian Maple hardwoods.... :rolleyes:

Isn't that why they are supplying single ply toilet paper, it is a self wrapping project...you can find it in the Daily Compass.

Special classes will be held, Gold and Platinum will be required to wrap them for Diamond and Dimaond Plus passengers.

If they got rid of the chocolates and replaced the toothpicks in the name of tooth decay, I hope nobody tells RCCL that alcohol promotes tooth decay. Or I may as well stay at home. If you have a GS or higher you still get the chocolate.

Isn't that why they are supplying single ply toilet paper, it is a self wrapping project...you can find it in the Daily Compass.

Special classes will be held, Gold and Platinum will be required to wrap them for Diamond and Dimaond Plus passengers.

No, diamond will have to learn how to wrap too, remember we are on the outside now.

Jan

Archived