Will we be facing sea or port in Miami?

NJ2FL

does the ship dock starboard or port in Miami? Wondering if we can see other people board the ship from our balcony.

Will we be on the Destiny, Upper Deck, midship, odd numbered room

How far is the parking? Do they have a shuttle to the cars?

It all depends on the ship's cleaning and painting schedule.

They clean and paint on whichever side of the ship is toward the dock.

Doesn't take much to change a Captain's mind as to 'Which Way'.

This stuff is not all as cut-and-dried as people like to imagine it is!

There is no way to tell which side of the ship will be, "portside to," in ANY port. As said above, they change all the time. Probably intentionally.

In Miami, for sure, you WILL NOT face the sea. You will either face the terminal or you will be looking at the traffic on the other side of "Government Cut." To leave Government Cut and get in the ocean, a ship will either pull out and proceed, or go into the turning basin and turn around. Then they sail about a mile, past the commercial docks, before reaching the mouth of the cut. Huge cranes and thousands of containers stacked on the starboard side, a highway and very expensive housing on the port side.

The gangway onto the ship is covered, you won't be able to see individuals boarding. If you are looking for friends, you will have to see them thru the windows of the terminal before they get on the gangway.

I know your question was serious AND reasonable, but,,,,,

There is a joke similar to your question.

On Embarkation day an angry man shows up at the Pursers desk. "May I help you Sir?" "I am mad!" "I paid EXTRA for an oceanview cabin and all I can see is a warehouse!!!!"

Dan

Its random, and it all depends on the Captain and at what time they get in, if they get in very early and Im talking like 5:50am the captain might proceed to the end and make a 360 and return.

Someone posted a picture of Valor and another ship they were moored Back to Back.

Fred

Surely you don't intend to remain on your balcony for sailaway, anyhow! You need to get out and about and start the party! The open decks have a 360 degree view of EVERYTHING!
My balcony has about a 260 deg view :).

Archived