C&A DEMOTED me

I guess I shouldn't have called them, especially during these "trying" times. I wasn't thinking about them being over-worked with calls from diamond members. The weird part is my cruise history was messed up last year because a cruise that I took with my mom showed up as 0 credit for over 6 months. I called and was able to straighten that out in under 5 minutes without having to send in anything. I thought this would be another situation like that one or else I'd be told they were having computer glitches and the problem would be resolved in a couple weeks.

This time the guy asked me how many cruise credits I was supposed to have, which is 17. My cruise history yesterday was only showing 12, a couple days ago it was 19, before that is was 15, and a few days before that it was 23! I couldn't figure out what was going on so thought maybe I should call and find out. Once he started going through my cruises, he tells me some of the booking numbers were missing or incorrect so he would have to remove those cruises. Then he said that some of my cabin numbers weren't filled in so he'd have to remove the extra cruise credits for the junior suites. By the time he finished, half my credits were gone and I was back at Platinum. He told me that if I could supply the booking numbers for the cruises that were removed and the correct cabin numbers for the junior suites along with copies of my sea pass cards from those cruises, he could reinstate them.

I don't save all my paperwork from past cruises so I'm probably out of luck. I know I have a few sea passes but I know that I haven't kept any of the original invoices to show booking and cabin numbers. I also don't have any of my old bills from the end of the cruise. Once I get home and verify the bill matches the CC statement, I usually get rid of the bill. I might be able to scrape together enough to prove one or two of the removed credits to get me back to diamond status but definitely not back to 17 credits. I found my Sea Pass from Soveriegn last night and it does have "DIAMOND" across the bottom. I guess that doesn't matter anymore. This is just another item on the list for why I'm getting disillusioned with RC. :( I'll have to remember to save EVERYTHING from RC cruises because I may need it later.

As the old saying goes........."Loose lips sinks ships".

Calling C & A to check on your cruise credits should not result in being treated and made to feel like kyriecat did. I don't care how busy C & A (or any other business) is, a customer should always be treated fairly and with respect! The Golden Rule. You should feel valued when you call C & A, not like you did something wrong. It appears that this is a system glitch, (which C & A did experience a year or two ago), with the number of cruise credits fluctuating like it has. I hope that the supervisor's review will smooth everything out for you.

He said there were some questions about my cabin type.

Unless you were in a suite where you earned more C&A credits, what difference would that make? I think he's just trying to scare you through intimidation. :mad: I'd call back and ask to speak to a supervisor. If that doesn't work, start climbing the organization ladder with Customer Relations and don't stop until you get results.

2P.P1

Unless you were in a suite where you earned more C&A credits, what difference would that make? I think he's just trying to scare you through intimidation. :mad: I'd call back and ask to speak to a supervisor. If that doesn't work, start climbing the organization ladder with Customer Relations and don't stop until you get results.

2P.P1

That's one of the problems. I stayed in junior suites for most of my cruises so I am supposed to get an extra cruise credit for those. He said the cabin number wasn't filled in for some of my cruises so he took away the extra credit for the JS on those.

I had asked to speak with a supervisor but was told they were all tied up right now and would have to get back to me after reviewing my file. I think the supervisors probably have other things to deal with right now than my cruise credits. It sounded like they were being flooded with calls from C&A members who are upset over changes.

I've still got a ton to do before I leave on my cruise next week so I'm not going to worry about RC and cruise credits until I get back. I'm just really disappointed that I lost so many of them, at least temporarily.

Thank you to the OP for bringing this subject up. As a result of this thread, I went and checked my C&A account as well as my husband's. Well guess what? Ours was wrong too. Our last cruise to the Med wasn't recorded. The rep I spoke to gave me some lame excuse that there was confusion with our mailing address. Strange that it's never been a issue before. :confused: I gave her all the correct information so now I'll wait to see if she actually makes the correction. In the meantime, I'm totally ticked. :mad::mad::mad:

2P.P1

Not that I am complaining or anything, but why do I have have 2 seperate "completed cruises" with 1 credit for each from "05-Nov-1970" (2 years before I was born) with no ship name or Itinerary/Comments? I thought one credit was their way of giveing me credit for a cruise I did on Celebrity, but that would not explain the other. :confused: However everything else seems to be in order so I guess I am lucky for that.

How did you manage to copy it? When I cut and paste the history into word, there's no way to know that it came from their wesite.:confused:

I just printed the whole page....just File - Print with the website ope. Their website shows at the top of the page with all My Cruises info.

Alexis - thanks for the tip! It can't hurt to have the info printed out and saved, that's for sure. :)

I have kept every one of our seapass cards for all our cruises on all lines, I think they make good souvenirs:D. Also since joining CC I also list the ship, cruise and the cabin number under my signature. Here in the UK we don't yet have online access to our cruise history on RCI website so I guess it doesn't hurt to be a bit paranoid ;).

On our cruise on the Brilliance in Jan. when the s**t first hit the fan onboard, and on here ( see hellosailor's posts ), about non- access to the CL for Diamonds, the letter in our cabin explained the new 'arrangements' for Diamonds. We were infact D+ and had been for several cruises, our seapass card for the cruise showed D+ but somehow Miami had us down as Diamond. Fortunately for us we had been on Brilliance the preceding November and the LA and Concierge Katherine knew that we should be D+. Katherine had left a message on the incabin phone that she was aware the letter was incorrect but get this, she had to wait for a report from Miami before she could issue us with a card to the CL !!!!!! Good job I am a nice person and don't lose my rag easily ,we preferred the overspill lounge anyway and could live without the coffee. Little did we know then that Diamonds were going to have the rug pulled from beneath them totally !!!! Having said all that, if the Brilliance situation had happened after 1st July I would have been Mrs.Angry from Swinton standing in line at guest relations :mad:.

I have kept every one of our seapass cards for all our cruises on all lines, I think they make good souvenirs:D. Also since joining CC I also list the ship, cruise and the cabin number under my signature. Here in the UK we don't yet have online access to our cruise history on RCI website so I guess it doesn't hurt to be a bit paranoid ;).
That's a good idea. I wish I had thought of it. I only have the cruises and the month/year sailed. I don't have the cabin numbers or sailing date. I used to keep my Sea Pass cards and make a cruise memory album, but I've gotten lazy over the past few years. Now, I just toss the Sea Pass in a box with some cruise momentos, meaning to "someday" get around to making a scrapbook. Eventually the box gets in the way so it gets moved to a closet, garage, storage shed, etc. so I don't know where everything is right now.

Not that I am complaining or anything, but why do I have have 2 seperate "completed cruises" with 1 credit for each from "05-Nov-1970" (2 years before I was born) with no ship name or Itinerary/Comments? I thought one credit was their way of giveing me credit for a cruise I did on Celebrity, but that would not explain the other. :confused: However everything else seems to be in order so I guess I am lucky for that.

edit: I just called Celebrity and they have on their records of me being on two of their cruises not just the one that I took. I didn't correct them and assume that is the reason for the two "05-Nov-1970" completed cruise credits. I plum forgot to correct them of their mistake ;).

I find it very hard to believe that RCCL does not have this information. Now you have to prove to them that you sailed? That is utter nonsense and totally unexceptable. I'd have to say that they are intentionally busting chops. When I go to their website I can view my whole cruise history with them going back to 2001.

I have an IDEA that may catch RCCL's attention to the missing sailings. Call your Credit Card card and dispute the charges. Tell them RCCL says you didn't sail with them so why are you being charged. I'll bet RCCL finds the info in a hurry when those back charges begin to come in!!!!!!!!!!!!

kyriecat, not sure if this will help but will throw it out to you. I know you said you paid via credit card. Some cards have the capability of getting prior years statements. You may want to look into this. This way if you know approximately the month the charge hit, you can the copy of the bill; and then let RCI track it back since they go the money.

Just a thought, good luck

I have an IDEA that may catch RCCL's attention to the missing sailings. Call your Credit Card card and dispute the charges. Tell them RCCL says you didn't sail with them so why are you being charged. I'll bet RCCL finds the info in a hurry when those back charges begin to come in!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not such a great Idea.

So what is your answer when the credit card rep asks you if you sailed or not? It is either going to be yes or no. Even if RCCL says they can't find any record, you are the one calling the credit card company.

kyriecat, not sure if this will help but will throw it out to you. I know you said you paid via credit card. Some cards have the capability of getting prior years statements. You may want to look into this. This way if you know approximately the month the charge hit, you can the copy of the bill; and then let RCI track it back since they go the money.

Thanks. I might be able to find something for the cruise in 2006 but I don't think I can find anything to prove the JS for the extra credit. My CC keeps statements available online but only for 3 years so the 2005 cruise won't be in there.

I can probably find most of my old Sea Passes once I go through some things at the house. My main problem is how to prove that I had a JS to get the extra cruise credit. The cabin number/type isn't on your Sea Pass. The last 3 digits of your cabin number are on the card, but that wouldn't prove I stayed in a JS. I guess if I can find the missing cruise Sea Passes, I can at least get back up to diamond status even though I won't have all the credits I am supposed to have.

Not such a great Idea.

So what is your answer when the credit card rep asks you if you sailed or not? It is either going to be yes or no. Even if RCCL says they can't find any record, you are the one calling the credit card company.

I don't think I could dispute 3 or 4 years old transactions anyway. I paid that bill a LONG time ago. The most recent cruises are right except for some missing the extra JS credit. My last RC cruise was May so even that one would be hard to dispute the payment.

I don't think I could dispute 3 or 4 years old transactions anyway. I paid that bill a LONG time ago. The most recent cruises are right except for some missing the extra JS credit. My last RC cruise was May so even that one would be hard to dispute the payment.

Even if you could dispute a 3 or 4 year old transaction, what is the dispute? Either you sailed or you didn't. So if RCCL states that they can't find any record, you know truth.

On the top row of your computer you will have a button that says Prt Sc - this stands for Print Screen. With the web page open hit that button; open a blank Word page, right click then hit Paste. The screen shot will then be on the Doc page and you can save that.

Thank you!:)

That's one of the problems. I stayed in junior suites for most of my cruises so I am supposed to get an extra cruise credit for those. He said the cabin number wasn't filled in for some of my cruises so he took away the extra credit for the JS on those.

I had asked to speak with a supervisor but was told they were all tied up right now and would have to get back to me after reviewing my file. I think the supervisors probably have other things to deal with right now than my cruise credits. It sounded like they were being flooded with calls from C&A members who are upset over changes.

I've still got a ton to do before I leave on my cruise next week so I'm not going to worry about RC and cruise credits until I get back. I'm just really disappointed that I lost so many of them, at least temporarily.

Now, young lady, stand up for yourself (oops, I just channelled my mother:p)! Everybody always has something "better" to do than to worry about another person's seemingly trivial problems, but it's the supervisor's JOB to make sure that your account is correct and that you are being treated properly by his or her team.

I think the person you spoke to should be disciplined for doing what he did. As messed up as their records are, they should be giving their customers the benefit of the doubt at this time, and not playing this type of game.

Thank you to the OP for bringing this subject up. As a result of this thread, I went and checked my C&A account as well as my husband's. Well guess what? Ours was wrong too. Our last cruise to the Med wasn't recorded. The rep I spoke to gave me some lame excuse that there was confusion with our mailing address. Strange that it's never been a issue before. I gave her all the correct information so now I'll wait to see if she actually makes the correction. In the meantime, I'm totally ticked.

2P.P1

I don't blame you. I have 75 cruise credits and was bypassed for a DP upgrade on my upcoming cruise. When I called and asked why that might be, the young man discovered that they suddenly have multiple addresses for me, in California, Oklahoma and Florida. I've never lived in any of them.

Thanks. I might be able to find something for the cruise in 2006 but I don't think I can find anything to prove the JS for the extra credit. My CC keeps statements available online but only for 3 years so the 2005 cruise won't be in there.

I can probably find most of my old Sea Passes once I go through some things at the house. My main problem is how to prove that I had a JS to get the extra cruise credit. The cabin number/type isn't on your Sea Pass. The last 3 digits of your cabin number are on the card, but that wouldn't prove I stayed in a JS. I guess if I can find the missing cruise Sea Passes, I can at least get back up to diamond status even though I won't have all the credits I am supposed to have.

Actually I believe that there's another number that tells them, but not our fellow passengers, which deck you're one, so that should work. Good luck!

I think the person you spoke to should be disciplined for doing what he did. As messed up as their records are, they should be giving their customers the benefit of the doubt at this time, and not playing this type of game.

Absolutely: I don't think he should have taken it upon himself to adjust your cruise history without consulting anyone else!

I was thinking the same thing about the numbers on the sea pass card - i.e that there is a Royal Caribbean code for assigning them.

My C&A dilemma involves my birthdate. They've mixed up my number about 6 times now and keep wanting to make me six years younger with a Houston residence. I really don't mind the younger age, of course, but I sure don't want to be turned away from a ship because my documentation doesn't match their records. I changed it again two days ago 'cause the records were wrong for my Grandeur cruise. (but okay for the Radiance and okay for the Jewel.) Who knows????

I thought the Sea Pass showed cabin type (maybe in code) but the guy yesterday said that the Sea Passes prior to late 2008 only show that you were onboard. In 2008 they started to color code them based on cabin type. He said I need something with the full cabin number and ship name (booking invoice, final bill) to prove the cruises in junior suites and get the extra credit. They might accept dated photos of the cabin and cabin number but that would have to be approved by a supervisor.

I am tempted to call back and try to speak with someone else, but I don't know if I'll like the results. Maybe I'll lose more credits and end up as a Gold C&A. I will wait and talk to them at the end of the month when I get back from vacation, unless a supervisor calls me before then. Hopefully the fervor over changes to the C&A program will have died down in the next week or two.

My cc company charges a hefty fee to go back into the archives. I'd be getting some sort of written guarantee from RCL that if they're wrong, they'll pick up the charges.

2P.P1

Archived