Make sure you check those 3rd and 4th rates also!!!

I know many of us check the first and second rates all the time, but don't forget those 3rd and 4th persons in the cabin if it is applicable.

Today got a 500$ PER PERSON drop on the 3/4 rate while the first and second stayed the same.

Hey Sue, I should know the answer to this but am not certain.

If the 1st and 2nd price goes up but the 3rd and 4th passenger price goes down, can you get the drop on the 3rd and 4th passenger without taking the price raise on the 1st and 2nd passenger?

Hey Sue, I should know the answer to this but am not certain.

If the 1st and 2nd price goes up but the 3rd and 4th passenger price goes down, can you get the drop on the 3rd and 4th passenger without taking the price raise on the 1st and 2nd passenger?

I am not positive but I don't think so because they price the room out under a single fare code. They can't only do the 3/4 rates alone.

I am not positive but I don't think so because they price the room out under a single fare code. They can't only do the 3/4 rates alone.

That's what I thought but I got to wondering.

For our upcoming Freedom cruise they have recently offered a senior discount for the first two but for the third pass. they have raised the price by $100.00.

Does anyone know why they do this?

Also, can I combine the senior discount with my diamond discount?

For our upcoming Freedom cruise they have recently offered a senior discount for the first two but for the third pass. they have raised the price by $100.00.

Does anyone know why they do this?

Also, can I combine the senior discount with my diamond discount?

Yes you should be able to get both. Will you still get money back if you take the senior but it costs more for the 3rd? If yes go for it.

This is probably a stupid question but where on the RC site does it have the 3rd/4th person rate?

You have to go and pretend book your cruise and tell it the number of passengers for a room. When you get to the cabin page it will show each category price for the first and second and next to it for the 3rd and 4th.

I keep promoting this method and I'll do it again here so more people see it. When you do your pretend booking, make sure you enter all of the info that pertains to you i.e 2,3 or 4 people, residency, senior, military, police/fire. Then, when you are at the page that shows the prices for your category, bookmark it. In the future when you want to check prices, all you have to do is go to the bookmarked page and the latest prices will be there. You don't have to go through the whole pretend booking process every time.

I have been told that a price drop to the 3rd and 4th passenger cannot be applied if the price for the 1st and 2nd passenger went up. However, based on some of the discussions I have read, it sounds like some people were able to obtain the price drop for 3 and 4, even though the price for 1 and 2 went up.

I have been told that a price drop to the 3rd and 4th passenger cannot be applied if the price for the 1st and 2nd passenger went up. However, based on some of the discussions I have read, it sounds like some people were able to obtain the price drop for 3 and 4, even though the price for 1 and 2 went up.

I have seen that too; I think it depends on who answers the phone when you call.

I keep promoting this method and I'll do it again here so more people see it. When you do your pretend booking, make sure you enter all of the info that pertains to you i.e 2,3 or 4 people, residency, senior, military, police/fire. Then, when you are at the page that shows the prices for your category, bookmark it. In the future when you want to check prices, all you have to do is go to the bookmarked page and the latest prices will be there. You don't have to go through the whole pretend booking process every time.

When I've done this and return to the bookmark - it says my session has timed out....

any advice there? :confused:

When I've done this and return to the bookmark - it says my session has timed out....

any advice there? :confused:

You beat me to this answer. This method USED to work (up through February of 2009 in fact), but for some reason it doesn't want to get me back there any more. I've been playing with different combinations, but no luck yet.

Archived