What is something new you will do or try to do on your next cruise?

Roadtripster

For me, I am going to TRY to read a book. I usually don't bring one, because I can never find the time to read one. I don't really like to read, but will give it a shot this time.

My other thing is trying new foods. I am a picky eater. I will try a bite, but I probably won't like it. LOL

For my husband, he is going to try and stay awake past 8pm. Usually, at home, he is asleep by then.

Stay up later than 10:00! Last cruise we were up early everyday just to enjoy the early morning shine off of the sea, never took a nap, and found that we missed all of the late night entertainment, including the dancing we both had looked forward to, because we were so sleepy after all we had done during the day.

Also, I was planning on trying Escargot, until I watched America's Funniest Videos last week and there was the cutest little boy who gagged his way through his first experience of eating them. I don't think there's anyway I could eat them now without picturing him and having the same outcome he did.

Unlike several others, I want to get more than five hours sleep. Between the poker table and entertainment, I usually get to bed about two am, but still wake up early. I guess that is why they make afternoon naps!

saddleman

We are trying early seating for dinner. On all our previous cruises, we have done late seating.

I will also try not to gain any weight which might be hard on a 12 night TA.

Great question. It's amazing how many FIRSTS I've tried while cruising. Kayaking, parasailing, swimming with the sting rays, hiking in the rain forest. Isn't it great?

I think, like Nancy, I want to get in more night life. In my younger days, I was never in my cabin before 1AM. As I've aged, my sleep urge has begun to kick in much earlier. There is no such think as, "Let's just rest for a few minutes before we head back out to PARTY!" A "few minutes" always becomes tomorrow morning!!!

ENERGY DRINKS???

Stay up later than 10:00! Last cruise we were up early everyday just to enjoy the early morning shine off of the sea, never took a nap, and found that we missed all of the late night entertainment, including the dancing we both had looked forward to, because we were so sleepy after all we had done during the day.

Also, I was planning on trying Escargot, until I watched America's Funniest Videos last week and there was the cutest little boy who gagged his way through his first experience of eating them. I don't think there's anyway I could eat them now without picturing him and having the same outcome he did.

My 9 yr old with a small piece of escargot on his fork; but at least he tried it. We were in the Garden room. BTW I still do not like escargot at all. The flavor is good; I don't like the popping sensation when you bite into them and I don't like the chewy texture.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My 9 yr old with a small piece of escargot on his fork; but at least he tried it. We were in the Garden room. BTW I still do not like escargot at all. The flavor is good; I don't like the popping sensation when you bite into them and I don't like the chewy texture.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Good for him!! Too cute!

Leaving on the Ruby Princess in April. Plan on checking out the buffet for dinner a few times - plus the new santuary area on board. Going to visit Seville,Spain and Gilbralter. Plan on taking a nap so we can stay up later to enjoy some of the late evening activities.

i have always wanted to this too. it would be awesome :D

Actually, its not all that awesome. I did it in Grenada. The watercraft had a deck at the back, and the parachute was already in the air. they just hooked me up and unwound the tether. It was much like going up an elevator. Interesting, yes, awesome, not so much.

Paul

Archived