Carnival Sumgglers Unite!!!! Post smuggle pics here!

OZjones12

Now let me get this straight. It's ok to violate a covenant in the contract you agreed to; (contract fraud). It's ok to deprive a business of their rightful profit (thus increasing the overall cruise costs in the future). And it's ok to blog about it like it's no big deal. I think I get it.

Well, I am not going to get into it, I am sure there are other that will...

But here is an idea: If you don't agree with it then don't open booze smuggling threads...:confused:

Now let me get this straight. It's ok to violate a covenant in the contract you agreed to; (contract fraud). It's ok to deprive a business of their rightful profit (thus increasing the overall cruise costs in the future). And it's ok to blog about it like it's no big deal. I think I get it.

hum I think someone needs to relax... I think the cruise lines are doing ok so I doubt the cost is still going to go up. I still spent tons of money on the ship and at the bars... SO relax you need to loosen your suspenders:cool:

Well, I am not going to get into it, I am sure there are other that will...

But here is an idea: If you don't agree with it then don't open booze smuggling threads...:confused:

That is what I said before on the 1st post! Someone love to be a crab... I am sorry for people that are that miserable.

We are staying in new orleans the night b4 the cruise and i punched in the zip code of the hotel and looked for the closest liquor store online. /there is one very close and i hear most liquor stores cater to cruise customers by having plastic bottles most stores would not carry. I will bring my 2 bottles of wine, possibly a little larger than stated, and order abottle of tequila or rum from onboard for $40 i have heard, and mix that with the oj from bkfst room service x 4, and smuggle something, the $40 seems cheap at $6 a drink with tip or more. I am sure ican get more than 6 drinks out of a bottle. Maybe:D But i heard the oj onboard is not the best?

I'm a native New Orleanian and it surprises a lot of people that we can buy liquor - everywhere -!

It's great, however, that they stock plastic bottles - -

I love my city -

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Also that is 6 large and 3 small rum runners... Who has a larger catch than mine??? (:

Since you asked...... I guess we can call it a tie in the first picture, although most were of the lire size... .

bar1.jpg

Boy did I ever learn my lesson about smuggling alcohol here on CC. No rum runners needed ~~!!~~ The fold-up cooler has a small leak and was keep on the balcony with the beer and cold wine ... Don't let the mirror fool you, as I believe there were )ONLY 18 bottles~~!!~~ Everyone had their preferred brand and type of liquor..... This was taken before we started adding local liquor & wines from each of the local port stops....

The people in room service questioned us the first couple of days as we wanted celery, olives, pineapples, lemon, limes & the other condiments....

Herbie%27s%20bar.jpg

TERMITEJR - You will be fine bringing cans of beer onto the lido deck. Bring a coozie cup to keep your can in and no one will say a thing. We brought a small cooler with us to keep our beer cold and carry with us onto the lido deck.

517070633_TWupV-M.jpg

For those non beer drinkers and would like something a little stronger to drink on by the pool or on deck.... It holds a good assortment of mini bottles...

ammo.jpg

Sometimes (most of the time) it draws a crowd wanting a look or sample.... No problem. as they are easily refilled in the cabin ~~!!~~

Image3.jpg

Just wanted to add my thoughts here. First off, i haven't cruised yet, next year will be my first time. WOO HOO and i will be bringing some alcohol with me.

I understand people think it is wrong to smuggle....but the prices on board are rediculous. The cruise lines could cut there alcohol prices in half and still make a killing. There is no way i could afford to spend 8.00 on a drink and 5.00 on a beer. I hear a bucket of beer is 19.00, i can buy a case for that amount. I work with someone who went on a 7 night cruise and she told me there bar bill was 400.00....I almost fainted...

I know for a fact that we will buy some drinks from the bar, there will probably be times we don't wanna go to the room. But for the most part, I will be carrying it.

Since you asked...... I guess we can call it a tie in the first picture, although most were of the lire size... .

bar1.jpg

Boy did I ever learn my lesson about smuggling alcohol here on CC. No rum runners needed ~~!!~~ The fold-up cooler has a small leak and was keep on the balcony with the beer and cold wine ... Don't let the mirror fool you, as I believe there were )ONLY 18 bottles~~!!~~ Everyone had their preferred brand and type of liquor..... This was taken before we started adding local liquor & wines from each of the local port stops....

The people in room service questioned us the first couple of days as we wanted celery, olives, pineapples, lemon, limes & the other condiments....

Herbie%27s%20bar.jpg

DAM!!! thats looks like a good smuggle! LOL I cant believe this one is still around! POST YOUR PICS! :cool:

Ok so I know that some may not like this thread but that is what the back button is for... Here are some of my rumrunner pics!!!!!

POST YOURS!!!! :D:rolleyes::eek::cool:

Thanks for all the pics. I now know what a booze smuggler looks like. No surprises. It fits.

You can buy booze in port, but there is a table as soon as you go through the scanners to get back on the ship. They want you to sign in your liquor for the remainder of the cruise, and it will be dropped off in your cabin on the last night, the same as any bottles you purchase in the duty-free shops onboard. I have had some VERY insistent security guys that held my bag out as soon as it went through the scanners, so that the liquor police knew I needed to stop and drop it off. I have also gotten the *wink and a nod* to just keep on walking. Depends on the ship and security I guess.

IT really depends on the cruise line. I have been on 3 cruises, 2 with princess and 1 with HCL (going on a Carnival in April) and have never had a problem smuggling on booze. On our princess cruise, we walked on with a case of beer in our carry one and ciders and a bottle of rum. We picked up rum in every port in the carribean and had none confiscated when we reboarded. If they are the small airline size bottles or even medium sized, the secuity say nothing. Just don't put them in something obvious like a liqour store bag. A backpack worked for us..

I got a question though for all you previous Carnival sailers, Did the cabin stewart let you use the cabin fridge or did most of you keep things cool in ice buckets and coolers?

From what I read, no need to smuggle at the San Juan port. There is a liquor store right in the embarkation building! If you spend a certain amount they even give you a cart with wheels.

So, if you are sailing on the Victory out of San Juan, save the luggage fees and buy there!

jpd <<<<46 days to go : )

Archived