any thoughts on when the next Sale might be?

Arwenmark

the specials seem to have all ended for the moment and nothing new yet, anyone have any idea when the next "special or sale" might start? Can't believe bookings are up that much at the moment.

Several of us have been getting emails from our PCC's -

"From $65 a day, visit Alaska, Europe, Bermuda or Hawaii this summer."

Book by April 27 for the best staterooms and deals ..... but, nothing really exciting to get all worked up for on a last minute travel basis for us here.

Looked like there's some discount on selected sailings for Hawaii - airlines are still holding up saver award travels on nearly all dates (June to mid August) over the summer to Hawaii so will need to shop for airfares on sale to make it a package deal. Airfares to NCL ports in Europe are sky high so we can't see ourselves going either.

Air travel is down for business folks and even non-stop flights aren't filling up fast either. Our guess is to really keep watching the travel websites & those email alerts for it, including OBC & 1 day "insider" sale, etc.

I am hoping for a more general sale further out included like to end of 2009 or even into 2010. Mostly hoping for my Sept cruise to drop or have a credit added or something. I did just upgrade to an AE with wrap around on the Star for sept. Already a good price but you can always hope for more. LOL

I've been checking http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/staticPage.html?pageId=hotDeals regularly hoping to see our June 5, Spirit Boston to Bermuda go 'on sale' hoping some of the bargain hunters might join our wedding cruiser group...

The cruises on there now are all April sailing dates. Are there other places to check?

Do they 'come up' on NCL before going out to the TA's?

Is three a way to know/find out if the cruise is 'filled' or nearly filled?

I never seem to finish with just one question, though that is always my intention when I start typing LOL.

Yesterday we got a brochure from NCL in the mail.

It says "Latitudes members, book Europe now and save $100* per person. Additional guests in stateroom starting from $199 per person."

There are lots of great looking itineraries, but $100* pp isn't very tempting when flights over and back are so highly priced :(.

But, that brochure sure has me chomping at the bit even more when it comes to wanting to see Europe :D.

we had booked last yr. just making a deposit..when i called to make

final payment i was told that we had a price adjustment of -$400..

and to add more good news..a $150OBC as well..

all this and i did nt even know there was a special going on..:eek:

we had booked last yr. just making a deposit..when i called to make

final payment i was told that we had a price adjustment of -$400..

and to add more good news..a $150OBC as well..

all this and i did nt even know there was a special going on..:eek:

WOW....."YOU DONE GOOD" !!!!:):eek:

Is three a way to know/find out if the cruise is 'filled' or nearly filled?

It's easy. Go on the NCL Web site, or the site of any of the large Internet travel agencies, and start the process of booking the cruise. If there aren't too many categories that show availablility, and the ones that do show only a cabin or two, the cruise is getting close to filling.

My personal cruise consultant told me on Monday, that he just had a meeting and bookings are solid. Don't expect any promotions.

:(:eek:

not good news......

I just happened to speak to my PCC yesterday at NCL and asked about any upcoming specials. Her response was that there should be something soon because they had just had a 1 day sale that ended.

So, now my question is - how soon is soon??? We will jsut have to wait and see :).

I checked the NCL website before calling up to settle my final payment and found a price drop in my June 27 Baltic Cruise. I asked how much I have to pay extra to upgrade my inside cabin to a balcony and the answer was merely ~$230 more! I took up the offer immediately and now I have a balcony room! Of course I lost my OBC but it was just $25 so no big loss anyway.

I want to add that the extra charge was for 3 persons, so to me it was a fair deal.

I just happened to speak to my PCC yesterday at NCL and asked about any upcoming specials. Her response was that there should be something soon because they had just had a 1 day sale that ended.

So, now my question is - how soon is soon??? We will jsut have to wait and see :).

I am sure it will be the day AFTER I make final payment....:):)

Archived