Celebrity lover booking Enchantment OTS cruise

usha

We've been on a LOT of Celebrity cruises, and LOVED every one of them.

That said, DH suggested I find a short Caribbean cruise to celebrate my birthday in early October.

Well, there's no such thing as a Celebrity cruise that fits that bill.:(

But, there IS a 4 night on Enchantment of the Seas that fits the bill, albeit a little belated...:o It leaves from Fort Lauderdale, goes to Key West & Cozumel, a day at sea, and back to Fort Lauderdale. It's cheap & dirty.:cool:

We've never gone on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Will we regret this?:eek:

Whaddaya think?:confused:

I think , with your attitude, you will have a great time. :)

We have done Enchantment twice, but won't be doing our first Celebrity until next year, so I can't fully compare. Remember short cruises are a little different than 7+ days. Short cruise and Royal will mean more kids. But we have never really had much of a problem with them in the past. We love both Cozumel and Key West and never had a complaint over 6 RCL cruises.

Enchantment is a very nice ship but we have not tried her since it was stretched. I think it will fit what you want--a bit more fun & relaxed--perfect for the short itin but not the elegance of X.

Have a Happy b-day!

I just did my first Celebrity cruise (a shortie on Century) but have also been on RCI, and did that same itinerary you are looking at on Enchantment a couple Decembers ago. It was fairly soon after the stretching, and it was a nice ship overall and we had a great time.

I def. noticed the difference between the 2 products... Celebrity is a bit more upscale, a bit more sedate. I esp. noticed the difference on the pool deck. That being said, I think you will be very happy with Enchantment. And you can't go wrong with those ports! Just don't look for anyone to be handing out chilled towels poolside!! Not gonna happen!! (unless they've added that on RCI recently!!)

Just got off the Navigator, not towels. I did get tired of the announcements on Navigator

Oh, no. That's one thing I really didn't care for on HAL, either. :(

I'm not expecting it to be =X=; "different" isn't necessarily a bad thing.:)

Texed, are you accusing me of having a positive attitude???;)

Thanks, everyone, for your responses!:D

Interestingly, I was just looking at a Med cruise on Legend--which looks to be a 15 year old ship. I could not believe that it was DOUBLE the cost of the trip I have booked on Solstice!! I like the itinerary better but not for twice the price for an older ship. What is up with that???

Cathy

Usha, we did a similar cruise in Sept.last year - threading the needle between hurricanes! It was fun, and EOTS was fine, except we had a stinky toilet and brown water from the shower and sink !! :eek: I'm sure the issues have been resolved

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=46304

Have fun!

We've been on a LOT of Celebrity cruises, and LOVED every one of them.

That said, DH suggested I find a short Caribbean cruise to celebrate my birthday in early October.

Well, there's no such thing as a Celebrity cruise that fits that bill.

But, there IS a 4 night on Enchantment of the Seas that fits the bill, albeit a little belated...:o It leaves from Fort Lauderdale, goes to Key West & Cozumel, a day at sea, and back to Fort Lauderdale. It's cheap & dirty.

Hi usha!

Like you, we wanted to slip in a short cruise in October. We booked a five nighter out of San Diego on the Radiance of the Seas. This will be our sixth Royal Caribbean cruise. Bottom line -- beauitiful ships, good entertainment, nice crew......, (the food is so so :rolleyes::p) I started a thread over on the Royal board last year where I pointed out the short comings of the cuisine and got flamed pretty good. Everyone thought my comments were out of line since I hadn't been on a RCL ship since 2004 -- so I am going to give them another chance.

In addition, we've always wanted to sail one of their Radiance class ships as they have the same hull as the Millennium class ships of Celebirty. (91,000 tons)

We will eat in the speciality restaurants two, or three evenings.

Should be fine!

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Archived