24K Margarita on Golden

sharpie13

A couple of our traveling companions fell in love with the 24K Margaritas on the Dawn Princess two years ago when we went to the Mexican Riviera. This year we are sailing with them again on the Golden Princess to Alaska. They wanted to know if the 24K Margarita was still on the drink menu and if it would be served on the Alaskan runs.

Thank you all for your responses. :cool:

Make them where ever you are, here's a recipe from the Scottsdale Princess Hotel. That's a goodly amount of alcohol:eek: I might have to try one:D

24K Margarita at La Hacienda

24k_Margarita.jpg

Salt rim large martini glass with 1/2 regular kosher salt and 1/2 gold kosher salt.

1.5 ounces Silver Patron Tequila

1.5 ounces Platinum Patron Tequila

0.75 ounces Grand Marnier, Cent Cinquantenaire Liqueur

1.5 ounces fresh lime juice

1.5 ounces simple syrup

1/3 cup of ice

Shake all ingredients and pour into large martini glass. Garnish with gold leaves and gold dust. Serve with wedge of fresh cut lime

Salt rim large martini glass with 1/2 regular kosher salt and 1/2 gold kosher salt.

1.5 ounces simple syrup

1/3 cup of ice

Shake all ingredients and pour into large martini glass. Garnish with gold leaves and gold dust. Serve with wedge of fresh cut lime

That's not the 24K Margarita on the Princess ships. The one on the ships uses 1800 as the tequila. The one on the ships is adequate, but not the best one on the ship. That would be the El Mejor Margarita, which unforutnately only seems to be available at the pool bars. (Now, the one you list does sound pretty decent).

The El Mejor Margarita seems to be fairly similar to the "Perfect Patron Margarita" that's on the Patron site.

(Personally I've never found the margarita's on the ship to be all that bad. Yeah, the basic one isn't necessarily great, but there's bars around here that I've seen that make ones that are worse. The El Mejor one IMHO is very good.)

I agree that one per evening is enough. They are very big.

It depends on the barman how good they are.

We got one melon one which had too much lime and not enough tequila. The waitress insisted we sent it back and from then on they where just right. :D

Make them where ever you are, here's a recipe from the Scottsdale Princess Hotel. That's a goodly amount of alcohol:eek: I might have to try one:D

24k_Margarita.jpg

1.5 ounces simple syrup

1/3 cup of ice

What a waste of Patron. If you are going to load in all that other stuff, don't use Patron. pull the bar tequila out of the well. Patron is for sipping by itself. Use Cuervo.

What a waste of Patron. If you are going to load in all that other stuff, don't use Patron. pull the bar tequila out of the well. Patron is for sipping by itself. Use Cuervo.

Eh, I don't know. I can generally tell the difference in a Margarita, but I just can't take the tequila straight myself. Just too harsh for me.

Archived