No ships in Caribbean summer 2010?

jerseygirl3

I'm searching for a 7 night Caribbean cruise June 2010. Princess shows nothing. Is that possible they have no ships in the Caribbean for the summer of 2010? I thought the Caribbean Princess was meant to stay in the Caribbean year round?

I think the most likely factor is un announced itineraries...I know I had heard that some lines will be distribiuting ships elsewhere but the Caribbean is still too lucrative of a market to pass up on in the summer when the kiddies are out of school and families are vacationing

I'm searching for a 7 night Caribbean cruise June 2010. Princess shows nothing. Is that possible they have no ships in the Caribbean for the summer of 2010? I thought the Caribbean Princess was meant to stay in the Caribbean year round?
They haven't been announced yet. Some of the 2010 itineraries have been released but not all. Usually, they are released in late April or early May so they should be available soon. Keep checking.

The Star is going to Europe.

Ah yes, I just checked and you are correct. The Star will being doing Europe (I believe Copenhagen roundtrippers) and the Emerald Princess will remain in the Caribbean for the summer. So the correct answer is... Emerald Princess.:D

All pure speculation at this point. However, Europe is announced and Alaska is implied with the currently listed repos and what not. That leaves Emerald and Caribbean. One will be out of New York, the other is up in the air but I think good money says 7 nighters out of Fort Lauderdale.

My guess is that in ideal PCL circumstances they'd prefer Emerald do NYC leaving Caribbean to do East/West Caribbean cruises. However, that would entail 2 repo cruises. Makes more sense to leave Emerald in FLL and then have only the CB repo back to New York.

Of course, 2010 is the Soccer World Cup in South Africa and several cruise ships will be serving as hotels there; don't know if PCL is part of that. If yes, then it makes more sense to send the CB since she'll be in San Juan already and have Emerald repo to NYC instead.

I hope the Emerald Stays in FLL year round - We are sick of Carnival and RCI in the Summer.

AGREE...AGREE...AGREE...

Cannot stand the thought of going to the Caribbean out of NY. Itinerary is awful. As a teacher, we need more Caribbean options in the summer.

All pure speculation at this point. However, Europe is announced and Alaska is implied with the currently listed repos and what not. That leaves Emerald and Caribbean. One will be out of New York, the other is up in the air but I think good money says 7 nighters out of Fort Lauderdale.

My guess is that in ideal PCL circumstances they'd prefer Emerald do NYC leaving Caribbean to do East/West Caribbean cruises. However, that would entail 2 repo cruises. Makes more sense to leave Emerald in FLL and then have only the CB repo back to New York.

Of course, 2010 is the Soccer World Cup in South Africa and several cruise ships will be serving as hotels there; don't know if PCL is part of that. If yes, then it makes more sense to send the CB since she'll be in San Juan already and have Emerald repo to NYC instead.

You are correct... the Emerald will be doing 7 day cruises out of FLL, more than likely alternating Eastern and Western itineraries.

I hope the Emerald Stays in FLL year round - We are sick of Carnival and RCI in the Summer.

I think it's a good move of Princess to have a ship sailing out of FLL year-round. They've been conceding the summer market to other lines for too long.

AGREE...AGREE...AGREE...

Cannot stand the thought of going to the Caribbean out of NY. Itinerary is awful. As a teacher, we need more Caribbean options in the summer.

Oh, I don't know... we're going to be on the CB in a few months and were excited by the itinerary... mostly by Bermuda and all the sea days... and the extra added bonus of sailing out of NYC. We'll be spending a few extra days there after the cruise... should be a blast! :)

Archived