bring your own

jskinsd

How do you bring soda on the ship? With your carry-on or packed with your tagged luggage.

Should always be carry on so it doesnt burst in your luggage and spill all over your nice clothing. We take a 6 pack of soda and water in our carry on.

Fred

On the NCL Spirit, I put luggage tags directly on my 12 pack of diet coke and 12 pack of water and it was delivered to my room along with my luggage. Has anyone done this on Carnival? I am going on the Triumph next year and I'd hate to take up all that space in my luggage.

We packed our drink duffle bag last night for our upcoming cruise. We are just doing a short 4 night and we are taking 2 8 packs of the 12 oz bottles of diet dew, and a 8 pack of the 12 oz bottles of coke zero. We also packed an 8 pack of pineapple juice cans. All of this went into the duffle bag with the bubble wrapped bottles of wine. Everything legal, everything in either plastic bottles or large ziploc bags. Luggage tagged it and will hand it to the porter.

Now just don't ask what we put in DH shoes in the garment bag. :eek:;)

On the NCL Spirit, I put luggage tags directly on my 12 pack of diet coke and 12 pack of water and it was delivered to my room along with my luggage. Has anyone done this on Carnival? I am going on the Triumph next year and I'd hate to take up all that space in my luggage.

I've done the same on Carnival. However. I've heard some posts saying the porters at the dock refused to load those.

This might be depending on which port, which time of year you go (spring break). And dependent on if you tip the porter, have a nice 'handle' made out of tape with luggage tag so it's bundled correctly as 'luggage'.

I'd keep checking the boards and see if this policy/choice is spreading.

If anything the water might not be needed..ships water is normally fine..just carry some empty bottles to refill.

Archived