Goodbye, Voyager of the Seas. You will be missed!

Yes, I do know Jamie having sailed the Voyager 3 times in the last year. She was kind enough in January to expedite my departure from the ship so that I would not be late for work.

texlatin, I thought that was you, but your avatar is too small for me to tell! I remember seeing you up there! That was a fun night, although the morning after was a little rough, especially since I hadn't packed yet.

You might want to check out the photos of the "Flashy" events at my web site Photos

"Take a bow in the glory of the lights" ....she told me several times on 2 cruises. I have her personal email if you do not have it. Send me a "private email" and I'll give it to you if you do not have it. In face, I am going to send her an email tonight.

Thanks Texaspepper, already have it and spoke with her twice today. Trying to make this next weeks cruise happen for her so she could possibly sail with us. Finances are a big factor for her right now in trying to get on since the rate is quite high so I'm trying to pull some strings and get her on with us (even trying to convert my double to a triple). If you do send her that email, tell her Adam in Houston say's HELLO!!! BTW, here's a pic I took with the birthday inflatable cake we gave her on her birthday.

VoyageroftheSeasSASMarch222009withL.jpg

I just realized that next Sunday, Voyager of the Seas will leave Galveston for Europe! :( It's just so sad! She will be gone forever, until this december! :( I hope RCCL plans to send one of their ships to Galveston for 2010! I'm sad! I'm going to have to make this Sunday's sailaway special!

adventure_at_sea.jpg

voyager_ots.png

ar121009795283456.jpg

It will be special because I will be on it.

southampton uk

I was getting ready to answer that question, but glad you beat me to it. This just might be the most convoluted post I've ever seen on CC. ;-O We'll be sailing on her out of Barcelona 9/13, so spiff her up nice for us !

I just realized that next Sunday, Voyager of the Seas will leave Galveston for Europe! :( It's just so sad! She will be gone forever, until this december! :( I hope RCCL plans to send one of their ships to Galveston for 2010! I'm sad! I'm going to have to make this Sunday's sailaway special!

adventure_at_sea.jpg

I'll be on her Sunday then she's going into dry dock for new carpet, paint, and decor

Thanks Texaspepper, already have it and spoke with her twice today. Trying to make this next weeks cruise happen for her so she could possibly sail with us. Finances are a big factor for her right now in trying to get on since the rate is quite high so I'm trying to pull some strings and get her on with us (even trying to convert my double to a triple). If you do send her that email, tell her Adam in Houston say's HELLO!!! BTW, here's a pic I took with the birthday inflatable cake we gave her on her birthday.

Tell Jamie I sent her an email at her Yahoo address.http://www.texaspepper.net/rcl_galveston0209_ss/index.html

I'll be dropping off some friends on Sunday to board the ship for the TA cruise. Then I'll be scurrying next door to board the Conquest myself for the week (although, I'd rather really be on the Voyager). I will give Jaime your regards and I wish everyone else who was fortunate enough to sail on the TA the best of good weather, good friends and good cruising.

Be well!

BON VOYAGE!!!!

Don't remind me

Erica, at least you don't have to worry about fog delays...& Jeff won't get worried when he is told to grab a cab home...:D

Saturday night was a lot of fun chatting with fellow CC folks and enjoying various flavors of drink....never did see your co-workers who were aboard, or H-Kat in the terminal when I got back...just you and Jeff.

[quote name='caribbeanboy']Where is she going to dry dock?[/quote]

Hamburg Germany is where they will go dry and plug into the shore power. Funny to listen to the CD explain that process in one Q&A session.

Hey Dave, glad y'all had fun! It was great chatting with you.

I think you missed Kat just by sheer luck and I caught you through disembark by luck as well. I think I was taking Jamie (from the CD staff) through the customs line. I was doing more crowd control for embarkation. At one point in time going through the line I was stopped by every other person I passed about why the line wasn't moving. I can't figure out why the line isn't moving if I can't get to the front of it. People were literally grabbing me to stop me. When I got to the front it was evident why, the terminal was packed full.

I will not miss the fog days. At all. My feet still are killing me and I slept all day yesterday. Although that probably had to do with Sandie getting off the ship and we stayed up all night chatting. I was literally awake 24 hours. I hope she made it back to Canada! I'm supposed to join her in Barcelona this summer to cruise the Voyager again. I told my onboard buddies they needed to start a collection if they wanted to see me this summer :D We'll see how that goes.

[quote name='cruiseloverandagent']Hey Dave, glad y'all had fun! It was great chatting with you.

I think you missed Kat just by sheer luck and I caught you through disembark by luck as well. I think I was taking Jamie (from the CD staff) through the customs line. I was doing more crowd control for embarkation. At one point in time going through the line I was stopped by every other person I passed about why the line wasn't moving. I can't figure out why the line isn't moving if I can't get to the front of it. People were literally grabbing me to stop me. When I got to the front it was evident why, the terminal was packed full.

I will not miss the fog days. At all. My feet still are killing me and I slept all day yesterday. Although that probably had to do with Sandie getting off the ship and we stayed up all night chatting. I was literally awake 24 hours. I hope she made it back to Canada! I'm supposed to join her in Barcelona this summer to cruise the Voyager again. I told my onboard buddies they needed to start a collection if they wanted to see me this summer :D We'll see how that goes.[/quote]

Summer in Spain...fun!!!

I see elsewhere Sandie and her DS' will be on Dec 1 Oasis...if all goes as planned she will meet DW this time as she met mom this last cruise. She is definitely cool!!!

Did Jeff ever hear?

There was some snafu about his transcripts being sent. He's getting nervous because if he is accepted with the stipulation that he can't pay a seat deposit and defer to next semester then he only has 2 weeks to get his affairs in order and get to Dominica.

She's still debating whether or not to go on the Oasis or a different ship at that same time. I think it depends on what our other friends do. I may make it to that sailing if its on a ship other than the Oasis although I'm watching trans Atlantic prices back on the Voyager. Her and I have cruising ADD, me especially :D It's hard to decide. On one hand it's cheaper/easier to cruise out of the states but I'm getting a lot of pressure to sail on the Voyager in Barcelona by my onboard buddies. But if I submit to peer pressure (which I probably will) I am limited by everyone's vacation schedule. I've got one friend who signs back on in June, one signing off in July, one in September and another in October all for vacation. I wanna catch them all if I'm traveling half way around the world.

Is your mom planning on booking another RCCL cruise soon?

[quote name='cruiseloverandagent']Is your mom planning on booking another RCCL cruise soon?[/quote]

Possibly the same set of ports on Voyager next season. She was not feeling well on Cayman day and missed what to me was the best port on that sailing.

Wish RCCL would change all sailings to a Cayman, Roatan, then Cozumel sailing every week during the stay here. It gets rid of the two ports I hear folks saying they like the least.

In Mo Bay I've never before seen so many folks on the ship during the day...

I suggested that in January. Caymen and Roatan are both so beautiful. I'm sorry to hear your mom wasn't well for Cayman, it's one of my favorite ports. There's always next time!

We stayed onboard in mo bay in January when we were on the Jamaica/GC route. I had a really bad experience, which I know shouldn't stop me from going again, but I ended up having a lot of fun on the ship. I did notice that there were a lot of scheduled activities onboard while we were in Mo Bay than in the other ports. So they must know that it's not a popular port.

Now in Roatan this last time (my first time on that route) you couldn't pry me away from the island. Although I wasn't as late as these people
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/greenjeans1green/personal/cruise/DSC_1976.jpg[/IMG]

On the Feb 1, 2009 RCL Voyager there was high winds and swells. Did not go to Mo Bay. . .just sat for about an hour outside Mo Bay until the captian announced we could not sail the ship into Mo Bay. . no biggie for me . . .others seems put out. RCL did refund $7.70 per person.

Archived