What happens if it rains?

nitnyleo

Had a yard sale last week and it rained . . . it wasn't fun, nice, or very profitable.

What will I do if it rains on my next cruise?

Get wet if you are outside.

Seriously, take an umbrella and a raincoat. You can't let a little rain spoil your cruise, I won't!

Another thing you can take with you if you don't want to get wet while on an excursion...

carry one of those disposable rain ponchos that are found in camping departments in some stores.

Some of my fondest memories of vacations (camping, on a ship, and in port) have been when it rained.

- birds taking cover under the canopy of the ship

- birds splashing around in puddles

- the sound of the rain

- people running for cover which left me with my own private beach (I didn't care if I got wet since I was dressed for swimming anyway :))

- rainbows

- seeing the rain off in the distance, and sometimes multiple areas of rain on the horizon :cool:

- people running for cover which left me with my own private beach (I didn't care if I got wet since I was dressed for swimming anyway :))

I agree! Unless it is lightning, what difference does it make if it is raining - we are at the beach :)

Had a yard sale last week and it rained . . . .

Same thing you did with the yard sale - make the best of it. It's not as if your cabin won't have a roof, or most of the venues on the ship for that matter.

Certainly don't hinge all your hopes and dreams of this cruise on the weather! There's so much more to cruising!

no charge for the rain ....it comes as a freebie with all cruises....you don't get a refund if it doesn't rain.....stay dry....or wet...enjoy the cruise....:p

Had a yard sale last week and it rained . . . it wasn't fun, nice, or very profitable.

Rain on sea days isn't a big deal. Most likely you will pass through some showers anyway. If you are in port, oh well, you may get wet. Come prepared with some kind of rain gear and you'll be fine.

I think on every cruise I've been on we've at the least passed through rain on sea days. It's rained in port once, when we were in Sitka Alaska. We went shopping, eating and sight-seeing anyway...

Believe it or not, the captian will try to avoid showers on sea days by altering course. You may still get brief periods of rain, but you're not likely to see rain the entire day.

Your best bet is to look up the weather patterns for the area you are headed to. We cruise in the winter months and have found the Southern Caribbean islands have their dry season then. I've seen more rain on Western Caribbean cruises.

You'll need to have your camera in a gal-sized ZipLoc bag to make sure it doesn't get wet. Me, I can get wet; after all, I won't melt - I may rust, but I certainly won't melt.

When we took our Alaska cruise - it rained non-stop. It was also cold. I just put on all of my layers, long underwear, sweatshirt, fleece vest and Rain Jacket with hood over it. (don't forget the ear muffs.) We still had a wonderful time - and just tried to stay warm and dry.

Our best pic of the whole cruise was standing outside with all of our clothes (listed above) on in the pouring rain looking at the glaciers. We framed that one!!

We were going on an excursion to the rainforest in Grenada and the tours rep said she didn't want any one coming back complaining they'd got wet. The clue is in the name, it's the "rain"forest, she warned! It poured down for about 20 minutes, I was the only one with an umbrella and the others were like drowned rats. It was still hot though.

Carol x

If it's a sea day there is a lot to do aboard the ship. Relax and enjoy yourself!

As for your garage sale......just remember things could be worse. This is what we woke up to this morning. We would have been real happy with some April showers. LOL

Pearlbill

1490162662_FrontDriveway.jpg.8096b88f656f5ff83a8a5d51c29bb003.jpg

2049444871_Chairsonbackdeck.jpg.64c05bab1e55feea734ae2086fd9cbf9.jpg

Backyard.jpg.5c7f13f11897f049cfd506a32171d390.jpg

Believe it or not, the captian will try to avoid showers on sea days by altering course. You may still get brief periods of rain, but you're not likely to see rain the entire day.

Your best bet is to look up the weather patterns for the area you are headed to. We cruise in the winter months and have found the Southern Caribbean islands have their dry season then. I've seen more rain on Western Caribbean cruises.

You have got to be kidding? What cruise lines have you sailed where they alter the coarse because of rain? :rolleyes:

It rained at least once a day last October on our Western Caribbean cruise. We didn't mind since it was usually so hot, a cooling rain on your face felt really good. We just kept going and enjoying our cruise. It even rained on us on the way out of port in Tampa. We didn't get to see the huge bridge that the ship passed under which was very dissapointing. I will say that seeing the rain in the distance was breathtakingly beautiful. I loved seeing it and took some really pretty pics of the clouds.:)

Archived