Hair Product Recommendation..Mask?

Gathina

I just returned from a fabulous vacation in Nicaragua..hiking volcanoes, small islands, you name it. My hair and skin are fried but it was worth it. Before I left I had my hair done, the stylist put this glorious treatment on it that sat for like 5 minutes and my hair was shiny and felt like silk. I dont know what it was and my stylist here said he has something like it but I have to come to the salon for it as he doesn't sell it for home use.

Any ideas on what I could use like this at home? I am willing to spend the $$ on it. Recommendations? My hair is super baby fine and long.

I leave for my second trip next week, two weeks in Jamaica so I want to take it with me as I know my hair will get even more fried there.

Menina

There are alot of "deep conditioning" treatments--I think Pantene has one, St. Ives used to....look in a beauty store (Sephora, Ulta) or even in large drug stores! Most of them you leave on for 3-5 minutes before rinsing....They really DO make your hair feel great!

Bumble and Bumble also have some great leave in deep treatments, and they have a daily leave in conditioner that I think it great. I've also got fine hair AND I color it, so you can imagine that the blonde parts get pretty scraggly if I'm not careful.

I just came from the Aveda store..used their products for years..the gal gave me a sample tube of a deep leave in mask type thing to use once a week...so I am thrilled to try before I buy!

Also try a leave-in spray or something when you're down in Jamaica. Leave it in when you're in the water or out hiking or whatever and it should protect your hair as well. Regular conditioner should work too--it will protect your hair from the chlorine and sun.

Those things I do on a regular basis anyways..but to have tihs product that was the "treatment" would be well worth the money.

I am trying the Aveda stuff today, will check back with you guys for an update.

Also try a leave-in spray or something when you're down in Jamaica. Leave it in when you're in the water or out hiking or whatever and it should protect your hair as well. Regular conditioner should work too--it will protect your hair from the chlorine and sun.

I think a color gloss does what you are describing, which might be why they don't want you to do it at home. It is a temporay color that makes your hair shiny and smooth, and they can be done with very subtle color or clear so you wouldn't have noticed a color change.

Where do you get that?? I tried the AVeda stuff..it was nice, but not what I wanted...sigh..the product was in spanish but marketed in America and i never wrote down the name...what a dummy!

I think a color gloss does what you are describing, which might be why they don't want you to do it at home. It is a temporay color that makes your hair shiny and smooth, and they can be done with very subtle color or clear so you wouldn't have noticed a color change.

Someone here was posting not that long ago about Kronos overnight treatment (expensive). She was raving about it. I bought the shampoo and conditioner and it is fabulous! My mom is a hairdresser so I've grown up on salon products, this stuff is very high on my impressive list.

Hmmm..can your mom provide the missing info perhaps??

The Aveda stuff worked well...I used it again today..but still didn't do the "wow thing"..I am interested in the color gloss the other poster mentioned..the gal did add something else to my hair when she was blowing it out..

Someone here was posting not that long ago about Kronos overnight treatment (expensive). She was raving about it. I bought the shampoo and conditioner and it is fabulous! My mom is a hairdresser so I've grown up on salon products, this stuff is very high on my impressive list.

Hmmm..can your mom provide the missing info perhaps??

The Aveda stuff worked well...I used it again today..but still didn't do the "wow thing"..I am interested in the color gloss the other poster mentioned..the gal did add something else to my hair when she was blowing it out..

There's a couple of colour glosses on the market, let me ask her.

I just got a clear gloss made by John Freida in the drugstore...it worked really well.

Kronas overnight masque is the best. My hair is in amazing condition after I use it. Works beautifully on dry hair. The product works!

Leave on overnight and wash your hair the next day with your favorite shampoo and conditioner. Its not a greasy product. The down side is the price and its a small bottle

Smells a bit like Kusco-Murphy's intense conditioner which is good too.

Bought Kronos Phyx Overnight Hair Repair Masque at http://www.hsn.com

I posted about Kronos Phyx a while ago, I love it!!! I use it a couple of times a week overnight. I also take a small amount, rub between the palms of my hands and apply it to the ends of my hair daily - calms the frizzies and makes split ends disappear. I've also tried the Kronos shampoo and conditioner, didn't care for those as much.

I posted about Kronos Phyx a while ago, I love it!!! I use it a couple of times a week overnight. I also take a small amount, rub between the palms of my hands and apply it to the ends of my hair daily - calms the frizzies and makes split ends disappear. I've also tried the Kronos shampoo and conditioner, didn't care for those as much.

Which shampoo and conditioner did you try? I believe they have two. I bought the volumizing ones and love them. The Canadian Shopping chanel had a travel size pack on the other night for $29...It was a shampoo, conditioner, detangler and the phyx...really good deal, the full size of phyx was $80 for 120ml, the travel size was 30 ml and the whole set was only $29. Should be great for cruising :)

LUSH makes a product called "Retread". My hair has always been dry -- I've always wanted that silky look, but I was never able to achieve it before. This stuff is the ONLY stuff that works, and like the one you mentioned, it doesn't have to stay on for a long time (I can't sleep with stuff in my hair). Put it on while you are in the shower, five minutes later, voila!

Put it this way, my stylist is forever talking about how healthy my hair is, and she told me NOT to use the products her salon sells, because they aren't as good as this one.

CruiseJunky,

I tried the Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner; they just didn't work as well for my hair as other products that I use. I color my hair (tho I'm in the process of going natural [ read grey there]) and the ends can get very porous despite monthly trims. These products just didn't do the job. Maybe when all the color is gone I'll try them again.

Ok..my stylist said it is NOT color gloss that I am seeking.

After begging, he sold the treatment to me..it's 4 applications so pricey..the bottle says "Kerastase nutritive Aqua-Oleum". He gave me an applicator bottle and showed me how to use it.

For only 4 treatments you can bet I am not going to use it much!! Wish I could find some over the counter stuff! I might ask my friend in Nicaragua to run by the salon and find out what the gal used there.

Thanks to all who replied.

Archived