Robes in Cabins

Cruise_Q

I know that most ship have robes but not all cabins. But does anyone know for sure if Conquest has them or not? And if so, is there a fee for using the robes? I sure would like to not have to pack my big robe for my upcoming trip.

What size are they?

They're kind of 'one size fits most', but the belt is really long. If you're an XXXX, they may not fit, but should anyone else (DH and I are not tiny and we swim in them).

Carnival has 'em - I thought it was ocean view cabins and up, not inside cabins, but that may have changed. RCCL only has them in balcony (or suite level?) and above. I think they are missing a money-making opportunity. I loved my robe on Carnival so much, I bought one!

Carnival has 'em - I thought it was ocean view cabins and up, not inside cabins, but that may have changed. RCCL only has them in balcony (or suite level?) and above. I think they are missing a money-making opportunity. I loved my robe on Carnival so much, I bought one!

With Carnival, every cabin has them!

I loved my robe too, and will likely buy one on the next cruise!

@ bold...how much are they?:confused:

I just hope they put fresh clean bathrobes in each week.. I would not like to use the same robe that the past guest used, and maybe used while butt-naked.. yuck.

:p:D:p:D - quite often you wan't get the robe until day 2 because they are all down at the laundry!

@ bold...how much are they?:confused:

It's been quite a while, but I believe there were two varieties when I bought mine. There was a special listed in the Capers, but that was for a robe made of thinner material than the ones in the room. I went with the better quality one and I THINK I paid about $35. I would't swear to that, however. My memory isn't very reliable that far back!

It's been quite a while, but I believe there were two varieties when I bought mine. There was a special listed in the Capers, but that was for a robe made of thinner material than the ones in the room. I went with the better quality one and I THINK I paid about $35. I would't swear to that, however. My memory isn't very reliable that far back!
It used to be (maybe still) that there were waffle robes in the insides and ocean views, heavier cotton in the balconies and suites.

Sometimes the robes don't appear until the evening of embarkation day. But, we've never had to wait til day 2.

Charlie

It used to be (maybe still) that there were waffle robes in the insides and ocean views, heavier cotton in the balconies and suites.

Sometimes the robes don't appear until the evening of embarkation day. But, we've never had to wait til day 2.

Charlie

If they have the thinner waffle type robes in the room and you would prefer the thicker terry type, just ask. They'll swap them for you. At least they did for us with no problem.

I, too, have used the robes found in the room closets. However, on our last cruise, I went and bought my own. The reason? I had worn their robe for 2 days before I realized that it had a HUGE coffee stain on the underside of the sleeve. How I had missed a spot so big was beyond me but I did! Anyway, I asked the cabin steward why it hadn't been replaced. (it wasn't mine because I don't drink anything but water in my cabin) Her answer? It wasn't a 'requirement' to change robes after each cruise unless the cabin steward thought it was needed. She said that some stewards do change them out every week and some don't. She didn't seem to be bothered at all by me finding the stain and I (never one for confrontation) just let it go. The next day, I went and purchased my own... I will NEVER wear another room robe again!

Archived