Wii Fit

babymomma

Hey Mandaleigh! Great to 'sea' ya again!

You find step easy and I found it hard at first. I'm such a clutz.:rolleyes: I have unlocked the more advanced ones but am so afraid I might just get my feet so tangled I'll end up on the floor and never be able to get up.:eek:

Nah, I'm gonna try the next level soon. I just need to get a little more balanced and coordinated.:D And the boxing kills me!!! I keep getting black eyes from socking myself.~don't ask~:eek:

Am gonna keep working on it as much as possible! Catch up with everyone later

Hi Everyone!

I just got a Wii on sunday and have been sore ever since....

I can tell you I wasn't very happy when I originally made my Mii to look like I thought I looked and then it fattened my Mii right up.... Now THAT'S motivation!

I do find the Step is a tad easy, but I'm sure it will get harder as I unlock higher levels.

Funny, I hate to run, but the session on here keeps you interested. I like to follow the dog.

Have fun!

You can do what I did and raise your Wii board--just place it on top of a couple big thick books or use a piece of plywood on top a couple of small bricks--- it makes the Step alot harder. Just watch out so it doesn't slip on you. I do the 30 minute free step and added weights to make it harder. After almost 100 days I figured out ways to keep it interesting and make my workouts a little more challenging.

I still hate the "tree and dance" yoga poses.:rolleyes:

Hi Y'all;

reading this thread has made me seriously contemplate going out and getting a Wii for the wife and I. We've messed with friends Wii's and have thought that they were fun, but didn't think that they were really seriously good for exercise, but y'all are making me rethink that thought. I've seen some new stuff at Costco for the Wii that puts resistance into what you do along with some different monitoring devices for your legs. I may just have to give it a go...

regards

Scott

Hi Y'all;

reading this thread has made me seriously contemplate going out and getting a Wii for the wife and I. We've messed with friends Wii's and have thought that they were fun, but didn't think that they were really seriously good for exercise, but y'all are making me rethink that thought. I've seen some new stuff at Costco for the Wii that puts resistance into what you do along with some different monitoring devices for your legs. I may just have to give it a go...

regards

Scott

Go for it! You will be amazed at how hard these things are! DS and DH thought I was nuts, until they tried it and found out they were'nt as nimble and quick as they thought. :D I'm the one with weight issues and they are in really good shape (or so they thought!):rolleyes:

I have had the Wii Fit since December. Been up and down with weight, but as of now I am a total of 12 lbs down from the highest point. WOHOO! I love hula hooping, I do the 10 minute super hula hoop every day (almost).

But a question, has anyone tried the Wii Active? Thinking of getting it.

Hi Y'all;

regards

Scott

Scott,

Definitely give it a try. Wii Fit has an activity log where you can record your other activities that you do outside the Wii, like biking, jogging, dancing, etc.

Speaking of dance, I have Dance-Dance Revolution for the Wii, which I've done a total of...uh...once... since Christmas. It's really tough, but a great workout.

My big problem with DDR is that the area in front of my TV and Wii is carpeted, so the dance mats slide around as I'm using them, making it extremely difficult to step in the right spots. I'm going to have to find something to put under them so I can get back to dancing. I tried my yoga mat, but that slides all over the rug, too. :rolleyes:

Laura

I was so busy last week that I didn't post. Lost 1.2 lbs though last week and this week another 2.6 lbs - so I know it is working...just have to keep at it. I get lazy some weeks and sometimes it is hard to fit in 30 minutes a day...

A very BIG day for me---100 days and 100 hours on the Wii.:D Not to mention meeting my goal!!! Now I've set another goal for a month out instead of two wks. Want to lose another 5lbs. than we'll see how things go from there.

Lady Jag---want more info about the Wii Dance-Dance Revolution. I love dancing and this sounds like something new that would help mix up my workouts!

GOOD JOB everyone, keep up the good work and let's all work for a healthier mind and body!!

Deb

A very BIG day for me---100 days and 100 hours on the Wii.:D Not to mention meeting my goal!!! Now I've set another goal for a month out instead of two wks. Want to lose another 5lbs. than we'll see how things go from there.

Lady Jag---want more info about the Wii Dance-Dance Revolution. I love dancing and this sounds like something new that would help mix up my workouts!

GOOD JOB everyone, keep up the good work and let's all work for a healthier mind and body!!

Deb

Congrats, Deb! You are an inspiration, for sure. :)

DDR is very intense. It's similar to the arcade game, except the mats are soft and flat instead of a raised platform, and offers a variety of skill levels and tunes. If you like to dance, then you should certainly check it out. You'll find plenty of reviews on amazon for the various styles.

Laura

Edited by Lady_Jag

Congrats, Deb! You are an inspiration, for sure. :)

DDR is very intense. It's similar to the arcade game, except the mats are soft and flat instead of a raised platform, and offers a variety of skill levels and tunes. If you like to dance, then you should certainly check it out. You'll find plenty of reviews on amazon for the various styles.

Laura

Laura,

Thanks for info on the DDR. I didn't work out today (always do the body test tho) but I did almost 4 hrs of painting my bathroom and that HAS to count as more than "normal" I'am so sore tonight--think it's from all the reaching, stretching, and squating.:eek: Tomorrow I will give it a second coat, but think I will do some yoga in the morn. Funny how a person can think they're in such good shape until they try something totally different!:o

Deb

I hate to say that I have not worked out this week. I was not on the diet for Monday and Tuesday, due to Tuesday being my birthday. I started on the diet on Weds. And went down 2 lbs and then I fell at work on thursday.

I am on painkillers, muscle relaxants and Ibuprofen. I think it will be a while before I can work out again. I have only got to do Active by EA sports for wii once. ( I got that game for my birthday).

I hate to say that I have not worked out this week. I was not on the diet for Monday and Tuesday, due to Tuesday being my birthday. I started on the diet on Weds. And went down 2 lbs and then I fell at work on thursday.

I am on painkillers, muscle relaxants and Ibuprofen. I think it will be a while before I can work out again. I have only got to do Active by EA sports for wii once. ( I got that game for my birthday).

Sorry to hear about your accident---hope you mend fast! Happy belated birthday. Even moving just a little while your sitting can help you get back on track when your at 100% again. Good Luck, get well soon!:D

Deb

jrmende63, Yikes! Hope you feel better soon. Take it easy and get plenty of rest.

Deb,

I was a big fat slacker on the Wii Fit last week. My Wii is going to yell at me for neglecting it. My mom's 60th birthday party was at my house yesterday, so I was a very very VERY busy girl, cleaning, decorating, and creating a very special cake for her and 45 of her guests. All while working my "normal" full-time job and taking care of my 3-year-old. I think I need a cruise just to recover what little piece of sanity I had. :eek:

I'm sure that evil cake did me no good on the weight loss, either, but I'm not giving up. I've hit this horrible plateau, and just need to try harder to get past it.

Laura

I know I'm late in doing this, but I was sooo busy this weekend. I think I'm down another 4 lbs. At least I was on Friday!! I had to cook for everyone on Sunday, so what with work, cleaning and cooking I didn't get a chance to post. DS helped out a whole lot by making his famous dutch oven peach cobbler and grilled flank steak. Which were devoured!!! (I had a very small serving of cobbler) I'm so proud of myself!:D Now, I just have to keep it up!!!

jrmende63~ hope you are feeling better soon and Belated Wishes for a very happy birthday!

Lady_jag ~ your weekend sounds like mine was except I didn't have the 3 yr old to look after ( just me DH, who might as well be 3). My 32 yr old DS looked after me and helped quite a bit. Guess I raised him right after all!:D

Retiredonthesea~ I'm still around, but this week and weekend were so hetic I didn't get to post~ I seem to be back on the pound decline again, so that makes me very happy!:D

Hi Y'all;

Thanks for the well wishes and the welcome. I went and bought the Wii and got both the Wii Fit and the Wii Active. I've only tried out the Wii Fit so far as that has been more than adequate for me <G>, after getting the hang of all the balance stuff and yoga etc... on the Wii Fit, I will get after the active too.

Didn't do anything besides golf this weekend. My back is giving me fits the last two days <sigh>. Doesn't help putting the duty belt on with the extra weight and protuberances from it. But the Wii is trying to make me feel good by telling me that my age is three years younger than it actually is ( I have this thing fooled.) and in a week I am down 2.5 pounds. I am rather happy <G>... Now if the back gets to feeling better, I will spend more time on it. Appointement with Chiropracter this week to see what is ailing me.:eek:

regards

Scott

Sorry all that I have not been on. I have been really busy with family this past weekend. Trying to plan the 4th of july. Also went to the zoo this weekend. My husband 32 years old has never been to the zoo and my 2 year old of course has not been yet. My husband wanted to go for father's day so we went and walked the whole Toledo. Ohio zoo. That was alot of walking and I have lost almost 4 pounds since then. I will not be on this weekend I have a confreance to go to.

Good luck to every one on the weight loss and keep up the good work. I need to work harder on the wii.

I hope all that have injories heal quickly.

Karla :)

Wii Fit is a balance board that you stand on and do exercises using it. It works on balance and other types of exercises. It is rather nice, there is also something called Wii Active, that has resistance bands that you use to exercise with along with the control wands. That is the cliff notes idea of it. You can go on Amazon and see all of the stuff and read the reviews though.

regards

Scott ;)