Wii Fit

babymomma

Hi all good to see so many are have good results. Have been so busy not really having time to get to do things for myself, will try harder this week...I was up .7 so not so bad could be anything but will see what next week brings. Tammy:D

+.7 is not bad at all. In fact, if you tried again a few hours later, it would probably be even less.

What gets me is that my options for "why did you gain weight" on the fit don't include "bloating" or "retaining water." LOL!

I think I need to go get Wii Active or Personal Trainner, or the Bailey's gym program for a change up. Which program do you think is best?

+.7 is not bad at all. In fact, if you tried again a few hours later, it would probably be even less.

What gets me is that my options for "why did you gain weight" on the fit don't include "bloating" or "retaining water." LOL!

I think I need to go get Wii Active or Personal Trainner, or the Bailey's gym program for a change up. Which program do you think is best?

I have wii fit and just got EA Active OMG I am so sore!!!! It to me is a way better excercise program but there is no weigh in or anything so change it up. EA active has a lot more to do, and is so different than we fit.

Hi everyone. Just been reading your very interesting posts. It sounds amazing. I have been toying with the idea of buying one, but needed to convince myself it was worth the money. Now I am convinced. Look forward to the results.

Bye for now Jean

I am doing the 30 day challenge on Wii Active. I chose the medium intensity... It is kicking my fanny!!! I really am enjoying it as everyday is a different program. Try it!!!

Sold! I can do 30 days, right? I will look into getting Wii Active after the holiday weekend.

It's been just over 30 days since I started back on the Wii Fit, and today I've finally hit my first 5 pound mark! Yay! I thought I'd NEVER get there! Now I can go get a mani as a reward. :D

Sad thing, I have a gym membership, and haven't been to the gym in ages. I used to go spinning, but I kind of burned myself out. Not to mention one of the other local gyms closed, and my gym brought in all THEIR members too, so now it's always super crowded! :(

Well, have a great and safe holiday, everyone! We're camping, so I won't be able to check in until Monday.

Hi Ladies - thanks for the encouraging words last week! This week I am down 1.1 lbs so that is ok - so busy with work and life it is hard to fit in time to work out but I must try harder!! Hope everyone else had a good week and that everyone from the US had a great 4th of July!! Canada Day on the 1st was a whole lot of fun! Talk to you all next week - I am down to 83 days until my cruise so hoping I can get a lot more weight off!! Chat soon - Tammy:)

Well, my DH bought me the Wii Fit for x-mas, but I didn't unbox it until April. I really like the Wii Fit, yoga poses are really great.

Then... my DH bought me the Wii Active, and I absolutely LOVE it!! I have been exercising with it for a few weeks now and I am on the 30 day challenge (med intensity). It really changes up the workouts so I am not bored, and I have seen a difference in my muscle tone and weight!!!

The only drawback is that the Wii Active and the Wii Fit each have great components the other doesn't have (Wii Active is interactive but no yoga and the Wii Fit has the body tests as well as core muscle exercises) .

what a great invention!!!

I wanna join!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol! We have the wii but i dont have the wii fit. After reading this I told dh we have to look in to it. My 1st cruise is in Nov. and i'd like to lose 25-30 pounds. I started the gym lastweek and my goal is 3x's a week or more but the wii would be great on my days off from the gym.

Most of my weight is my stomach,waist and fat back.

I have no idea what game exercises to get. Does the hula help with the waist-anyone notice? Any advice what exercise games to get for stomach,waist and fat back?

Hi!

Well, I finally reached my first 5 pound mark, so now I can get my manicure! Yay!

Of course, that was before I went off for a long camping weekend. I'm sure the Wii Fit is going to yell at me for being absent 4 days. :rolleyes: Oh well! I'm going to see if I can find a good deal on Wii Active. The 30 day challenge sounds really interesting.

I got wii active on Amazon for 54.00 and free shipping. I really like the active but I cant find any abs on it. It is a bit confusing to me the 30day challenge has the routines set? you can't pick one of the others and get a mark on the calender? I need to really read up on it I guess.

I got wii active on Amazon for 54.00 and free shipping. I really like the active but I cant find any abs on it. It is a bit confusing to me the 30day challenge has the routines set? you can't pick one of the others and get a mark on the calender? I need to really read up on it I guess.

The 30 day challenge does have the routines set, but they change things up every time you exercise so 1 muscle group will not get too tired.

I've been adding extra of the pre-set workouts and adding them to my activity journal the next day. The # of workouts u do count toward your goal so even if you do the pre-set ones, they will ultimately count if you set a goal --eg 10 workouts in 2 weeks, etc.

Oh, I agree, no set ab workout, so I've been doing some crunches, plank exercises on my own.:)

I wanna join!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol! We have the wii but i dont have the wii fit. After reading this I told dh we have to look in to it. My 1st cruise is in Nov. and i'd like to lose 25-30 pounds. I started the gym lastweek and my goal is 3x's a week or more but the wii would be great on my days off from the gym.

Most of my weight is my stomach,waist and fat back.

I have no idea what game exercises to get. Does the hula help with the waist-anyone notice? Any advice what exercise games to get for stomach,waist and fat back?

the wii fit does have better core exercises than the wii active. I personally prefer the wii active, though, as I get cardio interval training which helps with weight loss. Also, on the wii fit, you have to stop and select the next exercise. On wii active, its a pre-set routine that you mostly seamlessly go to (unless a tutorial is needed to teach how to do the exercise).

Apparently, a wii fit plus is coming out later this year which will have set routines that will be more seamless. i can't wait...

Hi!

Well, I finally reached my first 5 pound mark, so now I can get my manicure! Yay!

Of course, that was before I went off for a long camping weekend. I'm sure the Wii Fit is going to yell at me for being absent 4 days. :rolleyes: Oh well! I'm going to see if I can find a good deal on Wii Active. The 30 day challenge sounds really interesting.

Hooray for you Lady_Jag!!!!

Isn't it so funny how the wii fit chastises you for not working out for a period of time!

Hooray for you Lady_Jag!!!!

Isn't it so funny how the wii fit chastises you for not working out for a period of time!

oh yes - ours was not pleased AT ALL that i'd missed a whole 4 weeks -- but 'he' doesn't travel well so we didn't take him on our last cruise - :D DH and DS have NOT been on it since then tho and Wiiman is always asking where they are !

I've joined up to the myfitnesspal.com site that was suggested on another board here, quite a neat one as it's free (and that helps!) and has a food and a exercise diary.. pretty cool - you can add a ticker to your signature as well like i did.

will 'talk' to you all later -- thanks babymomma for starting this 'club' :)

Lou

i'm hoping to get the wii fit or the wii active

i saw these on best buy website which do you recommend

-Golds Gym cardio workout

-My fitness coach

-punch-out

I think dh will like the punch-out. I would like feedback if any of you have the 1st two workouts. Thanks

i'm hoping to get the wii fit or the wii active

i saw these on best buy website which do you recommend

-Golds Gym cardio workout

-My fitness coach

-punch-out

I think dh will like the punch-out. I would like feedback if any of you have the 1st two workouts. Thanks

I read the reviews on Amazon about the first 2, but i don't have either. They are coming out with a new My Fitness coach this year called: My Fitness Coach: Tone Your Body, Out Fall 2009, which is compatible with the wii balance board, so I will probably wait for that. I'll keep doing the wii fit and wii active until then.

This morning, I did wii fit for 25 min-- some yoga poses and strength exercises.

I did 30 min yesterday on wii active-- hard intensity, so I'm sore today! (yesterday was supposed to be my rest day for the 30 day challenge, but I needed to burn some stress, so I made today my "rest" day.)

keep up the good work everyone!!!:)

Just checking in. Nothing new here. I had a really REALLY long weekend last week, which meant for a short but hectic work week and very little sleep.

I dusted off the DDR game for Wii the other day, and made it through a few routines. Although, I still don't score higher than a "D." :o

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry everyone not posting in a while. I was out of town couple of weekends ago. I had a family emergancy. I almost lost my grandfather.

I was so stressed and worried I gained to much weight. But he is doing alot better now. I am going to start working out again to loss all the weight I gained them some. I hope all is going well for everyone so far.

I really love my Wii Active. It is frustrating when you start because if you don't do the exercise correctly if freezes. But I am slowly getting better. I love the way I am dripping sweat. I am doing the 30 day challenge on medium. Had to miss a few days but am still going forward. It will take me longer than 30 days, but when I finish I want to to up the level to advanced and start again.

I weigh on the Wii Fit and then change the DVD to Wii Active!! I need to lose a minimum of 40 lbs. I really do love the way I feel after I workout and sweat... I also get alot of encouragement from reading everyone's posts!!! Keep it up!!!!

Well either I'm just to strong or ????? I broke my wii active resistant band.It just riped off the handles right in the middle of a work out. I have noticed that it seemed kind of stretched out ,but it just snapped so be carefull. I will just use hand weights until I get a new one. :o

Yes the orange resistance band is worthless!!! I bought a silver one and replaced it after two days. The new one has more resistance...better quality. I bought the band and retied the handles that were with the kit.

I finished my halfway point on the 30 day challenge. Bob came on and said the next 15 days we will kick it up a knotch!!! I really love the Wii Active!!

My hubby, mom & dad & sister decided we were going on a 12 week weight loss adventure from August 1 - October 24th. We can do it however we decide to do it and I'm going to use my Wii fit to help me on my journey. I'm sure she's going to protest when I get on but what's new. Just makes me want to do it more. ;)