Wii Fit

babymomma

Hi all!

Glad to see some activity on this thread!:D

I'm still doing Wii Fit+ although I do have Dance, Dance or some such thing.

How would Zumba compare to that?

My DD was here for a few days & liked doing the Wii again. It remembered her weight etc from over 1 1/2 years ago!

Take care & Wii on!

~ Jo ~ :)

It remembered her weight etc from over 1 1/2 years ago!

I think it should remember my weight from 15 years ago. he he

There are some infomercials on TV that show Zumba CDs that you can buy and I always thought it looked like a lot of fun. I'll let you know how it goes for me.

Hi all!

vxv0409 ~ welcome to the thread!:D I haven't lost much weight but am just doing 30 minutes a day of easy activities just to get me up & moving since my retirement.

checkard ~ that's funny! I remember my weight from 15 years ago & it was less than 10 lbs from what I am now, but 30 years ago was better.;)

Take care & Wii on!

The Zumba is a lot of fun but a real workout. I had trouble with the steps the first time but it's getting easier the more I do it.

I try to increase the length of my workout a little each time and hoping to work my way up to an hour soon.

DH was going to Zumba with me but gave up in the first 2 minutes.

Hi all,

Just back from a long wk end away so no Wiifit since last Wed but hotel had leisure centre so joined in 2 yoga sessions + 1 Tai Chi class so hopefully will not have done too much damage!

Trying to do 1 hr a day on Wii-fit now as cruising in 36 days :-)

Happy Wii-ing everybody!

A

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All I've been too embarassed to check in ( ok too lazy to exercise). Im back into the swing of things now I hope ..My goal is to lose 15 lbs before my next cruise. I would love to get down to 135#.. but would be happy with 140. My work schedule is still crazy and I never know if Im eating breakfast or dinner ? ( Nightshifter: 3 12 hour shifts a week).

Checkard: I am so with your DH about the Zumba . I have 2 left feet and have a tough time with the "mirror" image thing..just wish she would turn around. I am still trying and hope to learn the steps someday.

I still love my Wii Active and Wii Fit tho. the weight is very much NOT right on the balance board so I finally broke down and bought a good scale( accurate with hospital one) I am also still working on the treadmill with the Marita's walking program. Good luck to all and just GIT ER DONE!!!

Hi all!

toes ~ welcome back! That's tough working those long irregular hours.:(

I'm still doing my Wii Fit every day but Sunday. It was so cute on Hallowe'en when she said she'd like to get batteries in her treat bag! I'm back to Wii bowling on the seniors' league, I brought home the trophy today from the banquet I was unable to attend.

I've started checking in on the Thursday thread as a way of facing my weight losses or gains as the case may be. I've lost 11 lbs since July 14 counting calories & my little bit of Wii so am pleased with that.

Wii on!

• 2 weeks later...

I've managed to lose about 9 lbs so far. Not that it makes a lot of difference when I have so much more to lose. But now I'm so busy that I haven't had time to Wii for a while. I need to MAKE myself get the Wii out and quit making excuses. At this time last year I was determined to look and feel better on this year's cruise. But that year has flown by and our cruise is coming up soon and I'm not even close to where I wanted to be. So I'm really feeling mad at myself right now.

One good thing is that I'm so active on the cruise that I actually lose weight, last year I was 7 lb lighter when we got home. Hmmm, I think I figured it out. I just need to cruise more often. 5 cruises and year I would be 35 lbs lighter. Sounds like a plan to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

checkard ~ that sounds like a plan!:rolleyes: I just got back from my BTBs & gained 3.7 lbs

so that wasn't too bad. I was dreading Wii but she joked about not forgetting me then called me my DD's name! I didn't go back to obese so I 'm happy!

Have a great cruise!

Hi all!

checkard ~ that sounds like a plan!:rolleyes: I just got back from my BTBs & gained 3.7 lbs

so that wasn't too bad. I was dreading Wii but she joked about not forgetting me then called me my DD's name! I didn't go back to obese so I 'm happy!

Have a great cruise!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Sounds like everyone is doing awesome. I am down to 140.6 using my Marticas Walk the Fat Off ( on the treadmill and abbrev M***..but had to clarify the initials first) LOL and also the Wii Fit Active..I love the boxing and the volleyball and tennis kick my butt! I'm hoping to finish my "exercise room" next month after the Christmas holiday madness is over , so that I can get my Wii out of the front room and it won't be in front of the woodstove ( altho does provide a decent sweat!!!)

Back from our 12-night cruise on Saturday and although I didn't lose any weight this time I didn't gain any pounds either. I didn't do the morning walking like I usually do and it made a difference. Now I need to get back on the Wii and get in shape for my cruises next year. We were doing Wii Ski yesterday.

HI all!

Glad to see some of you back from cruises with no weight gain! I wasn't so lucky but only gained 3.7 Lbs in 2 weeks so not too bad. I've lost that now & am on the way down to my weight before I retired & gained 15 lbs!! The Wii is helping me with that & I'm still enjoying it. There are still a couple of things I don't have 4 stars in but I'm trying!

Just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukkah & all the best in 2012.:D

Don't toast the new year with Wii, it'd be bad for her circuitry!;)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok everyone!! Holidays are over and its time to get crackin! I just ordered Just Dance and Country Dance for the Wii in hopes that I can figure out my left foot from my right in the next 13 weeks or so. I only gain 2 of my # back during the holidays but need to get back on the treadmill and the wii! Still looking to lose another 10# as I am currently at that awkward "between sizes" stage...YUK

We've been Wii Bowling and I got in some Wii Ski. But my best exercise of all was real skiing at Smuggler's Notch in Vermont last week. 4 or 5 straight hours of skiing for 5 days should have burned up some calories.

We'll be hitting the ski slopes in our area as often as we can but I still hope I can find time for some Wii Zumba.

Hi all!

Glad to see you back here & ready to Wii/ski!;)

I don't usually Wii on Sundays but decided to do so & the Wii noticed I was doing it in the afternoon rather than the morning so told me I should do it around the same time as your weight could vary by 2 lbs in a day!

Since I'm using My Fitness Pal to count calories & enter exercise I'm finding by not

doing Wii on Sunday I'm not getting enough deduction !

I tried "Just Dance" again last week but have trouble following the steps!:(

Take care & Wii on!

~ Jo~ :)

Hello,

Happy to find your Wii Group/Thread on Cruise Critic.

I just started you Wii 2 weeks ago to get in shape and lose weight for my Hawaii Cruise in April. So far I've tried the Gold Gym Cardio Workout, Wii Fit Plus, Dance Revolution, and Zumba 2 games. It started out a little rough, but I managed to get thru a whole Low Intensity Zumba class yesterday. I didn't care for the Dance Revolution classes. They seem hard to follow. Looking for tips and recommendations on how to better use the system.

got to get back on track ( or treadmill and Wii) just back from a weekend run to Las Vegas and have been afraid to step on scale. Schedule hectic with taking Dad to MD appts and throw in a couple of 12 hour noc shifts to boot. back to it tonight..just got my new Just Dance and Country Dance for the Wiii and want to try them out. the Zumba had my 2 left feet in a tangle!

Hi all!

julesbeara ~ welcome to the thread!:D Wow you have a lot of programs to choose from. I just have Wii Fit Plus & Just Dance but usually stick to a little routine I made up. I belong to a Wii bowling league & we're in the playoffs this Tuesday (no thanks to me!)

toes ~ nice to see you back from Las Vegas, apparently they're really suffering there

with the decrease in tourists. Well I guess there's no hope for me to Zumba if 2 left feet can't do it!;)

Have a nice weekend! Wii on!

Hi again!

whizkidcat ~ welcome to the thread!:D I have Just Dance which has 30+ tracks, songs like "Girls Just Want to Have Fun", U Cant Touch This, Who Let the Dogs Out"

The songs have dance actions that you have to do along with the dancer/cartoon. There are different skill levels & you get a score. I don't think they're the whole songs as it doesn't seem to take long. Hope this helps.

If anybody else can describe it better please do.;)

I tried out my Country Dance ( which is just like the Just Dance only using country songs) and worked up a good sweat. It is a fun change to break up the monotony of a workout. Im down 13 # now with 9 to go . am also using Myfitpal.com to hold myself accountable for food and exercise...it is kind of a cyber journal! Go WII everyone!! lol

The grandkids were here today so we had the Wii out and did some of the games on the Wii Fit. They love the Obstacle Course. Played Snowball Fight too. Lots of giggles this afternoon.

Had to put new batteries in the balance board so that will be good for a while now.

Hi all Sounds like everyone working on their fitness tracks! I have been trying to hit the treadmill and Wii Active and my Country Dance a lot this week, but am starting my work week again. hubby has been sick again and so I gained 2 of my #s back eating for him ( he pukes..I eat!!) not a good combo...seriously I overindulged with my superbowl snacks. I will work it off this week tho.

to answer the Just Dance and Country Dance question: you follow the Mii dancer and can actually work up a sweat ( I am horrible with the dance steps and miss a lot of the foot moves but make up for it by keeping up with the arms) lol I wish they would have a step tutorial but they dont you just have to muddle through til it comes or just keep moving. I like the Country Dance ( my kinda music) but have enjoyed the Just dance also. Keep it up Girls!