slightly different Upsell Fairy question

Arwenmark

Well so far we have a couple of encouraging posts. Currently in 8170 on the STar and hoping for an upsell to an AB, Long way off still though.

That's where we are too and I am so looking forward to the stern cabin with the wraparound balcony....I don't know if I would want to switch or not.

Right now (6 weeks from sailing)there are 2 AEs (no wrap around) available on my sailing, so I doubt I would get an offer of an upsell.:(

Well so far we have a couple of encouraging posts. Currently in 8170 on the STar and hoping for an upsell to an AB, Long way off still though.

I booked 8170 on the Gem for last April and received an email asking if I wanted to upsell. They gave me quite a few choices and the price was high. I turned them down the first 2 times and finally accepted the 3rd offer for an owner's suite.

I believe you have a good chance of being called or emailed.

I booked a mini suite on the Dawn in 2005 and they called my TA with an offer for the owner's suite, and she turned them down because she thought the price was too high. She called me a week later when they called back with a 2nd offer and I jumped on it.

I also booked a balcony on the Dawn and was called for an owner's suite upsell.

It sure does spoil you...

There are so many aft suite lovers, I have to wonder whether they'd give up their aft location in a suite for the courtyard. Anyone have this happen to them?

I gave it up for the owner's suite, but I'll finally get to try a stern family suite this Saturday on Royal Caribbean. I might change my mind from the way some people love those cabins.

Jackie

That's where we are too and I am so looking forward to the stern cabin with the wraparound balcony....I don't know if I would want to switch or not.

Arwenmark - I'm with Suzyed on this one. HOWEVER, you have a primo spot that I certainly wouldn't mind having so WHEN you get the upsell call, let me know so I snag that cabin. :rolleyes:

Right now (6 weeks from sailing)there are 2 AEs (no wrap around) available on my sailing, so I doubt I would get an offer of an upsell.:(

You NEVER know, Suzyed. You never know.

WHEN you get that upsell call, let me know so I can grab your current aft AE :D Girl, you are in a great spot even if the fairy doesn't call so you're in a win-win situation.

im stressing here ;)why would u hate a deck 11 minisuite?

i specifically wanted a minisuite on the star as i felt the balconies were far too small for the 3 traveling in my family...was thrilled to get a deal from a TA @ less than balcony rate & way under what we could've booked military with NCL. fyi, we are aft near the spa.

did read one reveiw complaining about teens congregating on stairwells, all the others i read loved the cabin/area of ship.:confused:

I have an aft balcony on deck 10 the balcony itself is larger than the side balconies or the balconies on the minisuites. The aft balcony on deck ten is suppose to be large enough that you can fit a lounge chair and another chair and a small table. Also if I ended up in a minisuite on deck eleven it would be my luck that it would be below the buffet and people have said that being under the buffet can be noisy. If they had a minisuite on the back of the ship with the large balcony I might consider it because it does have the curtin that seperates the bed from the sitting area. It is just two of us and the balcony cabin should be big enough. If I am going to be upselled of upgraded I'd rather it be to a suite with all the suite benefits. :)

I have an aft balcony on deck 10 the balcony itself is larger than the side balconies or the balconies on the minisuites. The aft balcony on deck ten is suppose to be large enough that you can fit a lounge chair and another chair and a small table. Also if I ended up in a minisuite on deck eleven it would be my luck that it would be below the buffet and people have said that being under the buffet can be noisy. If they had a minisuite on the back of the ship with the large balcony I might consider it because it does have the curtin that seperates the bed from the sitting area. It is just two of us and the balcony cabin should be big enough. If I am going to be upselled of upgraded I'd rather it be to a suite with all the suite benefits. :)

thanx for 'splaining, we tried to book an aft balcony originally (our fav too! nothing like the extended balconies) Unfortunately, our rather last minute booking didn't find any available to sleep 3. TA indicated only romance suites to sleep 2.

im just NCL noob-nervous:o, as i never book under the lido deck areas to escape the dreaded am chair scraping, etc...thought we'd be okay on this sailing with the 3 hour time difference coming from EST we'd be among the 1st rearing our heads:)

Hypothetically speaking, does the upsell fairy every call people who have more than one cabin? I am guessing the answer is 'no' but if they want to upsell us from two cabins (balcony and inside across) to a Garden Villa all together, I wouldn't say "no".....LOL

Hypothetically speaking, does the upsell fairy every call people who have more than one cabin? I am guessing the answer is 'no' but if they want to upsell us from two cabins (balcony and inside across) to a Garden Villa all together, I wouldn't say "no".....LOL

Yes, I have heard of them doing that if the cabins are "linked" on their reservations. I don't know if they would go all the way from balcony to GV, but going to an AB is certainly a possibility (if the numbers were right).

We were booked in an AE on the Pearl to Alaska in 2007 & 2008 and both times we got a call for an upsell.:) The first time to a Deluxe Owner's Suite and the second time to an Owner's Suite. We've really enjoyed the chance to experience these great cabins without having to pay full price for them! But talk about being spoiled!;)

what AE cabins did you have? We've got 9670 on the Pearl for next year to the Caribbean. do you have any pictures? Thanks...

what AE cabins did you have? We've got 9670 on the Pearl for next year to the Caribbean. do you have any pictures? Thanks...

Both times we were booked in AE 9670 but since we got the upsells to the Deluxe Owner's Suite & the Owner's Suite, we never got to see AE 9670. So, sorry, no pictures.

I'm sure someone else would have some for you to see!:)

We had a stern mini-suite on the Jade and were offered an upsell to a CV.

Hi Carnac...do you mind me asking what sort of $$$ that upsell cost you? I am booked in a stern mini on the Jade in January and will be crossing all fingers and toes for an upsell... :D

Hi Carnac...do you mind me asking what sort of $$$ that upsell cost you? I am booked in a stern mini on the Jade in January and will be crossing all fingers and toes for an upsell... :D

One million dollars :)

Akkshewlee, the cost was one thousand for the upsell.

Archived