Getting to and from Port Canaveral

Murphs

My wife and I are looking at a cruise in Feb 2010 out of Port Canaveral on Freedom of the Seas, and wondered about transportation between the airport in Orlando, and Port Canaveral. I wondered if there are car rental facilities at the port so that you could pick-up or leave a car there when departing and returning, or whether people know about other transfer options such as cabs. We typically arrange our own transport rather than going through RCCL. Also, any suggestions on flight times out of Orlando when departing. I wonder if a flight out at 11:12 a.m. is feasible given the distance the port is from the airport. I am thinking that would be tight, but wanted to get peoples thoughts.

Thanks

Mike

Try googling "Art's Shuttle"....I think the name has changed but my neighbor used them and was pleased.

Art's Shuttle website now says to email or call them, I emailed them a week ago and haven't heard anything back.

We sailed out of Port Canaveral February 2008 and used Art's Shuttle on the return. Going TO the Port we had a Budget Rental Car and it worked out great.

Oh, and it's "recommended" that you don't get a flight before 1....I think anything before noon would be pushing it.

Archived