Got my docs! But, I have a question

lovebug33

I got my e-docs today, but I didn't have any luggage tags with them. It says you can get them at the pier. However, we are going on a train from Anchorage to Seward and were told that we didn't see our luggage until we get to our room on the ship. So, when will we get our luggage tags? I don't want to have to go without clothes for a week! :eek:

If I were you, I'd contact my TA and ask that luggage tags be sent to me before I left.

Failing that, I would make a point of asking the HAL rep at the Anchorage airport, or train station, to explain the procedure.

Do make sure you have regular tags with your name, etc on them. That way, if something happens to your HAL tags, they can at least be identified, and hopefully sent to your cabin.

I hope this gets straightened out for you. I put some basics for a cruise in my 22" carryon that will last me for a week if my luggage doesn't make it to the ship. Nice black pants, lightweight sparkly top for formal night, swimsuit and BIG scarf as a cover-up, black sandals, capris and assorted tops, thin nightie, and 4 changes of under garments. In my tote, I put meds, make up ect.

Susie -

If you carry all of that in a carry on, what do you put into your regular suitcase?:eek:

Just kiddin' with you. We are cruising the Inside Passage on the Zuiderdam in June, and my daughter is packing enough for a 30 day trip, including Siberia!:D:

When you get to the ship, the porters will have blank luggage tags! It only takes a few minutes to attach them. It's not a big deal!

It is a "big deal" if you turn your luggage over to HAL before you get to the pier.

OP is taking the train down to Seward, and at least believes the luggage is turned over in Anchorage, not to be seen until it arrives in the ship cabin. Without a tag, that could be a problem.

I got my e-docs today, but I didn't have any luggage tags with them. It says you can get them at the pier. However, we are going on a train from Anchorage to Seward and were told that we didn't see our luggage until we get to our room on the ship. So, when will we get our luggage tags? I don't want to have to go without clothes for a week! :eek:

Lovebug - you may be on the same Cruisetour as we are. We just got the documents as well (Veendam CruiseTour 12 - leaving Seward on 6/7). The documents included 8 luggage tags (for two of us) as well as stickers to go on the back of the tags identifying us, and the ship, as well as the hotel names for each stop. We booked directly with Holland America - I'd call them or, if you used a travel agent, the agent.

Archived