My daughter's crush on the Navigator of the Seas

rian90

We sailed on the Navigator of the Seas on March 23 through the 28th and had a fabulous time. My husband, 18 year old son, and my daughters, age 11 and 8 were with us in two oceanview cabins on deck 2. We liked the location as it was very quiet and since the seas were a bit rough, it helped minimize my seasick stomach.

We loved everything on the ship but my 8 year old daughter Kerensa had a favorite. She fell strongly for a head water in the dining room, level 2 named Custodio. I am sure that Custodio makes it a habit to pay attention to every child in the dining room but for some reason, my daughter thinks he is very special. He also came up to her and smiled at her, cut her meat for her one night, and when we saw him one morning in the buffet, he came over to say hello. Custodio is from India and he has a little girl who is only about a week younger than my daughter so maybe that had something to do with the attraction. My daughter is adopted and multiracial, so Custodio shared her brown skin and dark eyes, both very beautiful people.

On our last night in the dining room, Kerensa gave Custodio his envolope and a hug. Then she turned to me and said, "Mommy, my eyes are leaking! I don't know why!" My poor baby was so sad about leaving her friend she could not stop crying. He was very sweet and sensitive to her. When we left the dining room, she saw him and ran to him, jumping into his arms. This surprised me and touched me because my daughter is usually very shy and doesn't cry often.

The next night at home, I heard her crying in her bed. I went to check on her and she was sobbing her eyes out. She told me she missed 'her friend'.

We have a lovely picture of Kerensa with Custodio and I am going to make sure it is put in our photo album. He helped to make our trip very memorable, for us and for our little girl. When I consider the hours these young people work and how much they do for all of us, I have to admire them.

I hope we get a chance to sail again on the Navigator with Custodio! If any of you happen to meet him on the Navigator, please tell him Kerensa says hello! She is the little girl with dark curly hair that sailed with him in March. I promised her I would pass the word along. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rian90, can you show me the picture of Custodio? I guess you are talking about the same head waiter, me and my family had on a cruise from Barcelona. He was great with my son too, I didn't know he had a daughter too.

We may repet on Navigator so we can say hello to him.

We sailed on the Navigator of the Seas on March 23 through the 28th and had a fabulous time. My husband, 18 year old son, and my daughters, age 11 and 8 were with us in two oceanview cabins on deck 2. We liked the location as it was very quiet and since the seas were a bit rough, it helped minimize my seasick stomach.

We loved everything on the ship but my 8 year old daughter Kerensa had a favorite. She fell strongly for a head water in the dining room, level 2 named Custodio. I am sure that Custodio makes it a habit to pay attention to every child in the dining room but for some reason, my daughter thinks he is very special. He also came up to her and smiled at her, cut her meat for her one night, and when we saw him one morning in the buffet, he came over to say hello. Custodio is from India and he has a little girl who is only about a week younger than my daughter so maybe that had something to do with the attraction. My daughter is adopted and multiracial, so Custodio shared her brown skin and dark eyes, both very beautiful people.

On our last night in the dining room, Kerensa gave Custodio his envolope and a hug. Then she turned to me and said, "Mommy, my eyes are leaking! I don't know why!" My poor baby was so sad about leaving her friend she could not stop crying. He was very sweet and sensitive to her. When we left the dining room, she saw him and ran to him, jumping into his arms. This surprised me and touched me because my daughter is usually very shy and doesn't cry often.

The next night at home, I heard her crying in her bed. I went to check on her and she was sobbing her eyes out. She told me she missed 'her friend'.

We have a lovely picture of Kerensa with Custodio and I am going to make sure it is put in our photo album. He helped to make our trip very memorable, for us and for our little girl. When I consider the hours these young people work and how much they do for all of us, I have to admire them.

I hope we get a chance to sail again on the Navigator with Custodio! If any of you happen to meet him on the Navigator, please tell him Kerensa says hello! She is the little girl with dark curly hair that sailed with him in March. I promised her I would pass the word along. :)

That's a wonderful story! Sometimes we lose sight on here about the real reasons we cruise with a particular line. I've found the service to be top notch on RCCL and often there are a couple staff members who go above and beyond and Custodio is obviously one of them. :)

That's a wonderful story! Sometimes we lose sight on here about the real reasons we cruise with a particular line. I've found the service to be top notch on RCCL and often there are a couple staff members who go above and beyond and Custodio is obviously one of them. :)

i agree with you and that's why we love rccl. we always felt the staff went above and beyond.

My eyes too were "leaking" when I read your post...your daughter is a little cutie and I hope she gets distracted quickly so her little heart doesn't hurt too long...

I fully understand how your daughter felt, a few years ago we were on a family cruise, our grandaughter who was 3 at the time, fell madly in love w/our head waiter (who also paid a lot of attention to her and another little boy) and wanted to go visit he & his daughter in Turkey "'cause Na he vited us to come you know"...it took some explaining that we couldn't just hop on a plane and go see him.

If I finally come back on navigator, be sure I will say hi to him:)

Your daughter is very cute

My eyes too were "leaking" when I read your post...your daughter is a little cutie and I hope she gets distracted quickly so her little heart doesn't hurt too long...

I fully understand how your daughter felt, a few years ago we were on a family cruise, our grandaughter who was 3 at the time, fell madly in love w/our head waiter (who also paid a lot of attention to her and another little boy) and wanted to go visit he & his daughter in Turkey "'cause Na he vited us to come you know"...it took some explaining that we couldn't just hop on a plane and go see him.

Now my eyes are "leaking". What a beautiful story. PLEASE send your letter to RCL and let them know exactly what you just told us. Many of the staff on these ships receive their promotions from what their passengers think of them.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if your daughter and Custodio's daughter could somehow become pen pals.

I never thought to send a letter to RCI. I will do that! Is there a special place I should send it?

Thanks for the compliments..I think my daughter is cute too but I am a bit biased. :)

I am sure there are special people everywhere..We just had the fortune to meet one of them on the Navigator. I can't imagine what it must be like to be away from his daughter for so much of the year.

We have had similar experiences like this on several of the RCCL ships! My DD (17) has mild autism and has cruised since she was 10. I am constantly amazed and awed how the crew members on the ships go out of their way to make sure she has a wonderful vacation. On DD's last cruise over spring break she met Sherman in the Windjammer and she wanted to take him home with us! She invited him to San Antonio and told him that he could stay with us :)

We are on the Navigator from next Monday for 10 days. We are hoping that we will see many of the crew that we have got to know in the 5 weeks we have spent on the ship in the last 2 years and having read what you have written will make a point of finding Custodio and passing on what you have said.

Archived