Traveler's checks

smrn

Hi all!

1) For those of you that put $ on your SS card with cash, do any of you use traveler's checks?

and

2) Do you feel it is safe/okay to use your debit card?

I read once on this board that they "freeze" or put a hold on your deb. card.. Is this true?

I hate to travel a long distance with a lot of cash.

Thanks so much!

:)

I read the saem thing you did... a few places actually. I am going on a 4 night cruise may 11 andI will be bringing travelers checks. I really dont wanna have to dispute CC charges so I am jus gonna put like 1000 cash or trav checks down

Using a credit or debit card on the ship is as "safe" as using it anywhere else. They do put a "hold" on debit cards.....don't know the amount. We always use a credit card--nothing is actually "charged" until the last night. Never had a problem.

Travelers checks are just a pain....cash is easier---bring large bills (less bulky) and break them down on the ship if you need to.

Hi all!

1) For those of you that put $ on your SS card with cash, do any of you use traveler's checks?

and

2) Do you feel it is safe/okay to use your debit card?

I read once on this board that they "freeze" or put a hold on your deb. card.. Is this true?

I hate to travel a long distance with a lot of cash.

Thanks so much!

:)

We use travellers checks. That way we know how much money we have to spend and we don't come home with a bill.

I vote for travelers checks too. I just hate to pay ATM fees and no one's ever given me a hassle cashing them on the ship. I just give them my cabin number. Before I go in to a port I cash one and take the money with me.

we always get TCs....no probs!

BTW the plastic TC cards can't be used on some ships...and those are all my local AAA sells, thus i went to the bank....it was no issue getting them....just took the teller and manager longer to open the vault and secret box they were in than to sell them!:D

Archived