Overweight

Lildalejrfan

What happens if your bag is over the 50lb limit on CCL? Can we pay like at the airlines? Told DH is was packing wayyyyyyy to much. I told him he'll have to take some clothes out.. We'll be driving to the port since we are only 45 minutes away. O btw we leave tomorrow.........TIA

well here's what he should do...take all the clothes out an make new outfits with less clothes. 2 shirts to 1 pair of shorts/pants or vise versa but shirts are alot easier to pack an weight less. i know i've only been on just 1 cruise so far. and thats what we did. made lots of extra room for other things. enjoy your cruise tomorrow. :)

The stevedores have to heave those bags into the carts to be loaded onto the ship. They try to establish the 50lb weight limit to save their backs. Just have you hubby pack a second bag, distributing the weight. EM

We always drive to our departure (no flying) and have never had a limit on luggage, amount or weight. Well, it has to fit in the car... I even include an extra collapsible bag that we use in case our souvenir shopping gets out of hand!

Thanks everyone for the advice. I went & checked his bags & took have the clothes out. I told him he'd probally won't wear half the clothes....This is why I like to do the packing. He was amazed at how much room was left when I was done. Plus, being a former cub scout leader I learned to roll the clothes since u get more room. We leave in 1 hr....YEAH

Most lines allow 200lbs PER PERSON!!!! There are no baggage restrictions or TSA rules on the ship.

NCL now has a limit of two 50 lb suitcases pp. Though I do not believe there is any way they can or will try to enforce it.

Archived