Upsell opportunity - need advise

NAUdebo

We took the upsell today! Thanks to everybody that posted a reply - we appreciate your input! Now we're just waiting to see what the cabin assignment is...

Only one more month to wait! Happy cruising, everyone!

The amenities are nice, you get more space, and a larger verandah. It's a good price. You just have to answer for yourself whether the "perks" of the larger suite would give you more enjoyment than the other areas where you would have to cut back.

Personally, as a delayed honeymoon trip, I would grab the upgrade!

Which category suites get you the free laundry, dry cleaning and use of the Neptune Lounge?

Which category suites get you the free laundry, dry cleaning and use of the Neptune Lounge?

Sorry, I found the answer myself. According to the deck plan online:

Public Rooms & Virtual Tours

• Neptune Lounge (SA, SB Deluxe Verandah Suites or
    PS Penthouse Verandah Suites only.)

That's just how I read it on the website. Are the SC's that much less expensive than SA, SB?

may be slightly smaller cabins with a different layout than the SAs & SBs....and yes, are less expensive than either SAs or SBs..

Perhaps HAL has decided to remove SBs from the full suite category which wld account for not being mentioned on the HAL website as having Neptune access?? Gosh, hope not!! :(

Have happy cruisin'!

may be slightly smaller cabins with a different layout than the SAs & SBs....and yes, are less expensive than either SAs or SBs..

Perhaps HAL has decided to remove SBs from the full suite category which wld account for not being mentioned on the HAL website as having Neptune access?? Gosh, hope not!! :(

Have happy cruisin'!

Looks like they removed the "SC" from the Neptune useage on the Westerdam anyway. I'd give someone at HAL a call. Maybe there's an error in their online publication. I hope so.

http://book.hollandamerica.com/fleet/deckPlan.do?ship=we&deck=rt&year=next

Looks like there's conflicting information. I would believe that SC includes everything - it says so in their brochures and other spots on the website. This is just one page, probably made a mistake.

You guys were beginning to make me think I was totally mistaken. But the link in SeaBlueSkies post is the same page where I read the note. But then click on another deck (6) and it lists SC plus only one other Deluxe Verandah Suite as having Neptune access. Maybe we are misreading what that note is regarding? I haven't checked the same page on the other ships.

You guys were beginning to make me think I was totally mistaken. But the link in SeaBlueSkies post is the same page where I read the note. But then click on another deck (6) and it lists SC plus only one other Deluxe Verandah Suite as having Neptune access. Maybe we are misreading what that note is regarding? I haven't checked the same page on the other ships.

Methinks what you're looking at is showing which categories ON THAT DECK have Neptune access. On Deck 6, there are only SB and SC deluxe verandah suites, no SA or PS ... On Deck 7, there are no SCs, only PS, SAs and SBs. On Deck 8, only SBs. etc.

HAL would need to rename SCs away from "deluxe verandah suites" if they were to change the benefits, and that hasn't happened.

I believe they are only listing those suites on the deck in question that have access to the Neptune Lounge. That is why the other decks read differently. The deck below does not mention SA as having access because there are no SAs on that deck therefore if you look on the Neptune Lounge deck there are no SCs so they are not mentioned.

OK you posted while I was writing.

I believe they are only listing those suites on the deck in question that have access to the Neptune Lounge. That is why the other decks read differently. The deck below does not mention SA as having access because there are no SAs on that deck therefore if you look on the Neptune Lounge deck there are no SCs so they are not mentioned.

OK you posted while I was writing.

Great minds think alike ... lol ...

Archived