What to do with our luggage?

zeh_ani

Our international flight out of Miami is in the evening and we will be disembarking in Ft. Lauderdale in the morning and would like to be able to see more of Miami before we have to be at the airport in the late afternoon. Is there anywhere we can store our luggage before checking in at the airport?

How do you plan to get to and around Miami to tour? If you are renting a car, put the bags in the trunk. If you ar going to have a taxi drop you off and walk around, find a hotel neaby and check yor luggage there.

How do you plan to get to and around Miami to tour? If you are renting a car, put the bags in the trunk. If you ar going to have a taxi drop you off and walk around, find a hotel neaby and check yor luggage there.

Thanks Paul for your reply. We are actually 2 couples and will have 4 suitcases and are planning on renting a car for the day but doubt that all 4 suitcases would fit into the trunk! Will any hotel allow you to store suitcases with them even if you are not staying there?

Our international flight out of Miami is in the evening and we will be disembarking in Ft. Lauderdale in the morning and would like to be able to see more of Miami before we have to be at the airport in the late afternoon. Is there anywhere we can store our luggage before checking in at the airport?

Princess will offer day excursions for both Fort Lauderdale & Miami while you are on the ship, book one and the cost includes your drop off at the airport & your luggage travels with you on the bus. Book as early as you can as they sometimes sell out.

Jan

Princess will offer day excursions for both Fort Lauderdale & Miami while you are on the ship, book one and the cost includes your drop off at the airport & your luggage travels with you on the bus. Book as early as you can as they sometimes sell out.

Jan

Thanks Jan. Sounds perfect!

Thanks Jan. Sounds perfect!

Hi Zeh Ani - It's me also.

Nsiah Tovah

If you rent an SUV or large car you could probably fit 4 suitcases. We have taken the Princess day trips. They're very nice but get you to the airport by about 1 or 2. If your plane leaves in the evening you'll be in the airport a long time.

If you're renting a car for the day, you're most likely doing that at the airport. Why not check in for your flight, check your luggage then pick up your car?

That's what I would do.

Lew

If you're renting a car for the day, you're most likely doing that at the airport. Why not check in for your flight, check your luggage then pick up your car?

That's what I would do.

Lew

You can only check in about 4 hours before the flight and you can rent a car much closer to the port than the Miami airport.

Hi Zeh Ani - It's me also.

Nsiah Tovah

If you rent an SUV or large car you could probably fit 4 suitcases. We have taken the Princess day trips. They're very nice but get you to the airport by about 1 or 2. If your plane leaves in the evening you'll be in the airport a long time.

Todah rabah, Chamima. Yes, we have an evening flight so I'll check into renting an SUV as we don't want to be stuck at the airport from 2:00 p.m. with nothing to do and check-in is only allowed 3 hours before our flight and sitting around the airport with all our luggage for long hours does not sound like fun before our long flight home. Shabbat Shalom.

That's what I would do.

Lew

Hi Lew,

I see that you recently returned from a Caribbean Collection Cruise on the Grand. I will be on this cruise in March, 2010. How was it? Thanks!

Todah rabah, Chamima. Yes, we have an evening flight so I'll check into renting an SUV as we don't want to be stuck at the airport from 2:00 p.m. with nothing to do and check-in is only allowed 3 hours before our flight and sitting around the airport with all our luggage for long hours does not sound like fun before our long flight home. Shabbat Shalom.

Shabbat Shalom

It is the middle of the night for you.

You could also rent a minivan.

You are new to this site so you probably don't know there is a "Florida Departures" board

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=495

that might have ideas for things to do in Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

Archived