My HAL reservation only says GUAR/No Category Listed?

Murrumba

When I look at my reservation it only states beside room number GUARbut it does not have any category listed.

I am not worried about still being in the guarantee pool, but wondered why no category is listed there - any thoughts? Is it an oversight on HAL's booking or is this normal?

When I look at my reservation it only states beside room number GUARbut it does not have any category listed.

I am not worried about still being in the guarantee pool, but wondered why no category is listed there - any thoughts? Is it an oversight on HAL's booking or is this normal?

The category should show up on your cruise voucher, or if you're within 50 days of sailing you could register on-line and then see your category in the express boarding documents.

The latest we have ever gotten a cabin assignment based on a guarantee was about 9 days before sailing. Our documents had arrived with GUAR listed.

Some will say that a late notification is a good thing indicating that you are more likely to be moved up one category. We had booked an inside, but we received an oceanview.

We have a BC (veranda suite) guarantee ot the Amsterdam for June.

I too, was concerned because we have actually printed our edocs already and it just says guar. not BC guar.

I called Holland and they said it is truly a BC guar. I do have the printed confirmation from the internet agency showing that.

But here is something interesting.....it showed main dining... on any other cruiseline that means early dining. On Holland it is LATE, 8:00pm dining !

I had it changed.

We have a VH guarantee on the Zuiderdam for May 16 and we still haven't received our cabin assignment. When I called they said i likely wouldn't get it until a week before sailing. My understanding is that the assignments start coming once the ship is full - if the ship fills early, the assignments are early - guess this ship isn't full yet. Hopefully that is a good thing;) as far as assignments are concerned. They offered us a paid upgrade to an sy category, but we turned it down as it was just too pricey.

Yaya

We booked a gauranteed balcony on the Eurodam sailing June 12/09. We received our travel documents from HAL with Cabin 0-VF. Is this the same thing as Gauranteed cat VF or better?

Joan

Yes, it is. And your cabin has not been assigned, as of the date the documents were printed.

Ruth. That is interesting. We received our tickets yesterday for the Rotterdam. We are a guaranteed ff oceanview. On our tickets it says o-D. Do you think this means we are going to get an upgrade to a D category. I do wish we were - would love to be on main deck. I had been wondering where d fitted in.

Normal. Used to be Cabin 000.
Ours have always said something like 0-VH etc. I think the category should be shown.

We are a guaranteed ff oceanview. On our tickets it says o-D. Do you think this means we are going to get an upgrade to a D category. I do wish we were - would love to be on main deck. I had been wondering where d fitted in.
That sounds to me like you have a D guarantee! There's also eight Ds on the Lower Promenade that you could get.

Yes I had noticed the 8 on promenade deck too which I have to confess I'd rather not have. Still, we get what we get. Keeping my fingers crossed for a central D on Main deck. I have been puzzling what the two letters 0-D could stand for. Thanks for that.

Archived