Luggage tags...

cde48

If you choose to receive paper documents, there will be luggage tags with them when they arrive. If you have already chosen e-docs, I would recommend printing them out at home. You want your luggage tags to be taped securely to your bags, so they don't come off. Not only would it be time consuming to fill out the tags that the porters provide, but they might come off your bag. No tags = lost bag and a lot of trouble.

If you choose to receive paper documents, there will be luggage tags with them when they arrive. If you have already chosen e-docs, I would recommend printing them out at home. You want your luggage tags to be taped securely to your bags, so they don't come off. Not only would it be time consuming to fill out the tags that the porters provide, but they might come off your bag. No tags = lost bag and a lot of trouble.

Yeah, we have the tags that came with the e-docs, but those are more likely to come off than the peel-and-stick tags that the porters usually have!

Yeah, we have the tags that came with the e-docs, but those are more likely to come off than the peel-and-stick tags that the porters usually have!

I print my tags out on card stock and then cover each side with clear package tape. Then wrap the tape around the ends to fasten them to the luggage handle. If the bag has 2 handles, I put a tag on each handle. Have never had one to come off. Plus, this way, they are stronger than the peel & stick type.

I print my tags out on card stock and then cover each side with clear package tape. Then wrap the tape around the ends to fasten them to the luggage handle. If the bag has 2 handles, I put a tag on each handle. Have never had one to come off. Plus, this way, they are stronger than the peel & stick type.

I'm sure that works well, but I am not inclined to do an arts and crafts project before I get to the ship. It is much easier to take a Sharpie along and write your name and cabin number on the ones from the porters.

Can you get luggage tags from the porters, or do you have to print them off of the website?

I prefer to print my own tags, laminate them, attach with heavy stapler. I also take return address labels with me to fill out our Debarkation tags. ;) Saves a lot of time when preparing to come home. :p That's the worst part of the trip, other than the Muster Drill! :eek:

Luv's Crusin'

The porters have PLENTY!!! There's no need to take on a "craft" project to get luggage tags!

Jeez, talk about a craft project! My SO took it as a personal challenge :D. Printing out in color hi-definition. Wrapping each precious tag in clear packing tape...on both sides. Affixing 2 (TWO lol) tags on each piece of luggage...one through the handle and one on a side.

He loved it. He was soooo proud of himself. I think it's gotta be a man thing!

Not only would it be time consuming to fill out the tags that the porters provide, but they might come off your bag. No tags = lost bag and a lot of trouble.

If you have tags on your luggage already with your address, all you really need to do is scribble your last name and cabin number on the porter's tags. Takes seconds. :)

I enjoy my "craft projects". I print on cardstock, fill out with a Sharpie and laminate using my own machine. Then I use a hole punch in the upper corner and attach to the handle with a zip-tie. Might be overkill to some but it is peace of mind for me and my family. I also keep my standard luggage tags in the suitcase to use for the trip home.

You can also buy the self laminating sheets. When we get home, we have souveniors for the scrap book.:D

I too think the worst part of the cruise is the muster drill :eek: besides having to leave the ship when I am not ready! lol

BTW, some have said in the past that they use zip ties as added security for their luggage. That way, they can see if anyone attempted to open the luggage while in transit to your room.

It is reassuring to know there are others like me who enjoy doing the laminating tag thing. It's part of the cruise - don't ya know and like CV322 said, it is a "Man Thing". I buy the laminating sheets and I prepare the tags about a half hour after we make final payment. That makes it official. Then with suit cases in hand as evidence, I present my works of art to my wife and proudly announce to her that the deed is done. She says "That's nice Honey." and continues her reading. Needless to say, I am a little hurt by this lack of appreciation so I then take the suit cases with the hand crafted tags and put them in Cruise Central. That's what the sign on the door says. Actually, it is the Guest Bedroom but what the heck. I put the suit cases with the beauticul tags next to my 2 1/2 inch Cruise Binder (That's the book I make with every thing you need to know about this cruise).

And do you know what? ..................... We have not lost a suitcase yet and I attribute it to those wonderful, colorful, laminated, hand crafted tags.

It is reassuring to know there are others like me who enjoy doing the laminating tag thing. It's part of the cruise - don't ya know and like CV322 said, it is a "Man Thing". I buy the laminating sheets and I prepare the tags about a half hour after we make final payment. That makes it official. Then with suit cases in hand as evidence, I present my works of art to my wife and proudly announce to her that the deed is done. She says "That's nice Honey." and continues her reading. Needless to say, I am a little hurt by this lack of appreciation so I then take the suit cases with the hand crafted tags and put them in Cruise Central. That's what the sign on the door says. Actually, it is the Guest Bedroom but what the heck. I put the suit cases with the beauticul tags next to my 2 1/2 inch Cruise Binder (That's the book I make with every thing you need to know about this cruise).

And do you know what? ..................... We have not lost a suitcase yet and I attribute it to those wonderful, colorful, laminated, hand crafted tags.

I think you and my SO must be twins separated at birth ;).

Can you get luggage tags from the porters, or do you have to print them off of the website?

Both, but I would print them out and attach them just in case the airline lost your luggage. Like others posted, I print mine then I carefully take it to my workshop, there I use craftsman tools to ensure they are correctly laminated and to ensure they meet military specs by using a micrometer on all 4 corners.

Fred

Jeez, talk about a craft project! My SO took it as a personal challenge :D. Printing out in color hi-definition. Wrapping each precious tag in clear packing tape...on both sides. Affixing 2 (TWO lol) tags on each piece of luggage...one through the handle and one on a side.

He loved it. He was soooo proud of himself. I think it's gotta be a man thing!

This is so funny. I just got off Fascination on Thursday. As we arrived by taxi at the port and the driver took our luggage out of the trunk, a fellow passenger looked at my laminated tags and asked me if I did them myself. When I told him I had laminated them myself, he stated, "Geez. Just like my wife." lol

And by the way. I had one of Carnival's really nice luggage tags affixed to my luggage too. The kind that you can buy in the ship gift shop that says, "I'd Rather Be Cruising." They cost $7.95. These have really strong rubber attachers and I also added a cable tie when I attached it to my luggage. This luggage tag was missing when my luggage arrived in my cabin. Someone had to have stolen it. It is nearly impossible to break a cable tie. I hope that airline baggage handler enjoys it. :-(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi hi!

Can you tell me where I can print the luggage tags. I'm going through "my documents" area & I can't find it. Some say it's where you print your fun pass. Still can't find. I must be not looking @ the right place.

Help!

Thanks.

I don't know if this is the trouble you are having, but I couldn't get to them because I was using Mozilla Firefox as my browser. For some reason this will not bring up the documents. When I logged in using Internet Explorer, I could get to my documents. When you logon and go to My documents, click VIEW. This will open another window which has all your documents, including your luggage tags. It is the VIEW button that didn't work in Mozilla

Archived