Here we go Again!

lennel

Guest bahamamama1

Well I think oil goes up every summer when school lets out and poeple drive more. As soon as September hits, the prices will begin to drop again. It happens every year.

While nuclear is an option whe dont have enough oil in all the places u mention to feed our habbit for more then a year or two our massive consupthin is the problem us cutting back will be the nail in the coffin for OPEC. plane and simple.

When we "cut back" (LOWERING DEMAND) . . . OPEC just lowers the amount each member country can produce (LOWERING SUPPLY), thereby holding the price up.

Producing more American oil along with a cutback, which is an excellent addition, is the key. Nuclear plants will never replace ALL OUR OIL CONSUMPTION (I never said that), but will release those FOSSIL FUELS for uses other than producing electricity.

they don't have their hand out yet. but if i were them and watching these boards. with so many people thinking they are going to put on the surcharge as soon as the price touches $70.00 i would give them what they want. it states they can put it on i think they would wait to see if it stayed above $70.00 for a week or so first. so they don't have to put it on take it off multiple time in a short period of time.let's wait and see what the price does before everone goes off in a panic.

The smart thing for Carnival to do would be similar to what they did last year when they were refunding fuel surcharges that were already charged when the price of oil was on the decline.

Choose a number of days prior to the trip (ie 30 days prior to sailing date) and if the price of oil is over $70 at that point a fuel surcharge will be charged to your account. That way everyone will know a month before their trip whether they will be charged the surcharge or not.

:rolleyes:

As for the amount, that's anybody's guess!!!

Well I think oil goes up every summer when school lets out and people drive more.

As soon as September hits, the prices will begin to drop again.

It happens every year.

Solution: no driving around, this Summer!

Discipline's the only way.

Stay home. ..sure it's boring but you'll get used to it. :)

I guess I'm one of those. Affording 7 night *$9 * 4 people. Whew. Not in the budget. I had to convince DH that cruising was worth the money. (DH is a bit skin-flint).

Unfortunately, that is the case for many cruisers but i guess when your hooked on cruising you scrape up every dime just to be on that ship.

In my case...I just don't want to pay that extra Bill, when my cruise is already payed in full, i would much rather just have them add it in to the price of the cruise before i pay, not any difference but I don't think people would complain as much about it.

When we "cut back" (LOWERING DEMAND) . . . OPEC just lowers the amount each member country can produce (LOWERING SUPPLY), thereby holding the price up.

Producing more American oil along with a cutback, which is an excellent addition, is the key. Nuclear plants will never replace ALL OUR OIL CONSUMPTION (I never said that), but will release those FOSSIL FUELS for uses other than producing electricity.

The oil we produce here just goes onto the global market along with the opec oil.

and also most of our electricity is produced by coal not petro products.

The oil we produce here just goes onto the global market along with the opec oil.

Yes, oil is a commodity . . . putting more oil into the market affects the SUPPLY . . . increasing the SUPPLY lowers the price. Building new refineries has the same effect with gasoline. Economics 101 :)

$70 a barrel oil isn't a bad price . . . especially since we have to purchase almost all of our oil from people that run the gambit from disliking us to hating us.

and also most of our electricity is produced by coal not petro products.

Which is still a FOSSIL FUEL . . . however, many west coast generators are fired by oil fueled boilers. The price of coal is directly related to the price of oil . . . because of its "replacement" nature when oil goes up, coal goes up. They're both commodities.

Archived