Observation Deck

ehschief

Has anyone ever stayed in or know anything about the balcony rooms on the observation deck. We are doing a Canada New England cruise on the Eurodam. These were the least expensive balcony rooms available on the land side.

Thanks

I visited in one. I think they're small. I thought my inside on Main Deck was larger. Certainly it had more walking space.

The balcony is definitely small! There's room for two people to stand there. Maybe a third can squeeze in, but only if they're all skinny. ;)

So you never really stayed in one, a small balcony is not a problem, we have connected rooms and we should be okay.
The balconies are often called "Juliet balconies". They are just semi-circular little things, about 2.5 or 3 ft in radius.

And are you sure your rooms are connecting? The deck plans don't mark any VT as such, and you're definitely not going to be able to go from one verandah to the other.

Click here for deck plan.

Has anyone ever stayed in or know anything about the balcony rooms on the observation deck. We are doing a Canada New England cruise on the Eurodam. These were the least expensive balcony rooms available on the land side.

Thanks

We're in VT11002 for a Baltic cruise in July primarily because of the privacy and proximity to Crow's Nest. Another post has pics showing the small size of the balcony but I'm not really put off by that. We booked a guaranteed cabin through a TA in January and the price has not lowered one bit since then. It was definitely not the cheapest Veranda at that time.

So you never really stayed in one, a small balcony is not a problem, we have connected rooms and we should be okay.

I'm not sure how just visiting makes too much of a difference. :confused: I still know what the cabins look like.

And John is right---there is no way to go from one balcony directly to another (not without risking life and limb, anyway). There is also no privacy from one balcony to another.

Did not know that, just assumed they open like they do on princess, guess we can just chat over the wall.... should still be nice..
There is nothing to open. There is no wall. They're just partial circles sticking out from the ship side, where you can only stand. Did you click the link in post #4? Maybe you should consider upgrading to something with a rectangular balcony, as I fear you're going to be very disappointed in those!! :eek:

I am thinking about it but the problem is that this is a cruise where one would want to be on the land side where there are very few bacony cabins left. I will talk to my TA tomorrow
Well, if you don't change to a different category, it won't matter which side you're on, as I don't think you'll be standing out there very long in 20 > 22 knot winds while sailing!! :):) I suppose you could sit just inside the door, but the door should not be kept open long.

I'm not sure how just visiting makes too much of a difference. :confused: I still know what the cabins look like.

And John is right---there is no way to go from one balcony directly to another (not without risking life and limb, anyway). There is also no privacy from one balcony to another.

That is true. You will need to keep the curtains closed as the person next door can see into your stateroom from their balcony.

Thanks for all the input, the rooms don't look any smaller than those of other rooms.

Now I am getting so confused but there really are no other land side rooms available unless we go very expensive.

Jade have you stayed in one?

I have not been on a Canada & New England cruise but wonder how important it is to have a 'land side' cabin? Does one sail that close to land most of the time that it would make a big difference?

Not while at sea, no, there's nothing to see. Perhaps while in the St. Lawrence, but then there's two shores.

Archived