Dawn (4/27) 747 Doing a U-Turn Over Your Head -- Photo Op?

pattycakes

At work and see the Dawn coming into the harbor. Heard the horns and went to the window to watch it pass by the office. All of a sudden a 747 accompanied by a fighter jet comes just about on top of it and makes a u-turn.

Supposedly it was a military photo op which caused building evacuations and years of off people's lives. So now that my heart rate has slowed to normal:

Anyone have any photos?

At work and see the Dawn coming into the harbor. Heard the horns and went to the window to watch it pass by the office. All of a sudden a 747 accompanied by a fighter jet comes just about on top of it and makes a u-turn.

Supposedly it was a military photo op which caused building evacuations and years of off people's lives. So now that my heart rate has slowed to normal:

Anyone have any photos?

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/F-16s-at-Lady-Liberty-Put-City-on-Edge.html

Seeing this particular plane is a common occurance for those of us who live in the Norfolk area.

The VC25 "747" practices touch and go landings at one of our local airports. Its fun to stand in the parking lot of Wal Mart and watch the plane. The end of the runway is right near the street so it comes in pretty low.

I suppose someone at city hall should have been made aware of this and perhaps even notified the media so as to avoid mass panic.

It cost $70,000/hr to operate that plane!

and How completely insensitive to the people of NY and the mayor who was NOT informed of this photo op!

I guess we are getting what we asked for!:mad:

Lets talk about cruising.

Al

I'm for that! I'm going a cruise Friday. (and maybe they should have put thing in the papers and shame on the authorities for not saying NO, unless we can alert the public , or do a reverse 911 call:mad: ...does the city have that?)

I can't wait. 2 days to nowhere. Anyone else crusing thsi coming weekend?:)

I was outside my house moving the car and the plane was sooooooo low here in Jersey City at 10am we had to cover out ears from the screech of the engines! And it circled here three times....people were in the streets looking up and from cars.... I figured it was plane in distress and trying to make an emergency landing...ran in and put on the news...nothing!

HLR

Exactly!!! :)

You don't really want to start comparing mistakes and accomplishments! :eek:

I'm talking cruising!! I board Thursday for a 3 nighter and can't wait!!! No politics on a cruise ship. :D

My apologies for interrupting the Chi on this board.... Back to being a cruise-aholic! Bermuder, I'll see you on the Dawn for our three day cruise.... Do you think they'll make us get off, given that we don't technically leave the country, in between the one night and two night? Also does anyone have any idea why the H, E, double-hockey-sticks we don't leave until 7 pm both cruises? And last but not least, am I right in thinking that these two little cruises don't count any more for latitudes points?

And I thank you

JWK: trying not think about banking jumbo jets....

What a beautiful photo of the STAR!! It makes me even more excited to be sailing on her in June!! Can't wait!!

I wish I could take credit for that fabulous photograph but it was just something I got when I googled NCL Star. I can't wait.... We're going to be on her on May 23rd. Also, we're looking forward to Cruise Director Ray Carr, whom we met on the Gem in Jan and Mar. PLUS, I don't know if you know this, but for all you Dawn-philes out there, the Star is Dawn-Class. So everything is where it's supposed to be! Wooooooo. The Galleria is Deck 7 Aft, the Dazzles nightclub equivalent is Deck 7 forward.... This is gonna be GREAT!

And I thank you

JWK: STARry eyed.....

My apologies for interrupting the Chi on this board.... Back to being a cruise-aholic! Bermuder, I'll see you on the Dawn for our three day cruise.... Do you think they'll make us get off, given that we don't technically leave the country, in between the one night and two night? Also does anyone have any idea why the H, E, double-hockey-sticks we don't leave until 7 pm both cruises? And last but not least, am I right in thinking that these two little cruises don't count any more for latitudes points?

And I thank you

JWK: trying not think about banking jumbo jets....

Pianoman! That's great that you will be aboard!! What they are saying on the roll call boards (please join us - they're pretty active) is that they will not make us get off - we will just have to check in at reception for the second cruise. They also say that the reason we leave so late is because of the river traffic during the afternoon on weekdays (commuter boats and the like), but that doesn't mean the party can't start at noon! I can't comment on the latitudes points. I know my 1 nighters in the past have counted, but there has been a lot of talk about them not counting so I wouldn't want to give false information.

See you Thursday!!

ETA: Just saw that you have joined the roll call. sorry!

I should never post on a forum before my morning coffee..my comments were pretty radical....now, if I admit that I will be cruising with some of you this weekend, you won't throw me overboard, will ya ;)

I won't. Unless, of course, I've been drinking. ;) Just kidding.

Archived