SKY is in dry dock?

Kdiamond55

A press release a few weeks ago mentioned a redo of the buffet to action stations, similar to other NCL ships, along with an attempt to address the aft sewer smells. Plus the normal replacement of carpets, etc. Maybe new hull art would be appropriate, but I don't recall that being in the press release.

The Spirit had her drydock time in Mobile, Alabama so if NCL was happy with what they got done with the Spirit then they may have sent the Sky to the same drydock.

I know that company also does work for other cruise ship lines. When I lived in that area it was always something when you drove over the bay on I-10 and you looked over the drydock and you would see a huge cruise ship...

Big Steve stated on another post that the Sky was in dry dock right now. Anyone know anything about it, what they're doing to it, etc.?

The Sky's web cam show her docked in Miami as of a few hours ago.

Could she be wet docking for refurbishment?

PE

Anybody know where she is in drydock?

Al

Freeport. Same port she docks at for her cruises.

I heard here that she may also be getting a technology upgrade. Like seeing your bill on the in cabin TV, and perhaps interactive TV for things like making a reservation at the resturants. But I didn't see that in a press release or anything. Some one said it here about 6 weeks ago.

The Sky's web cam show her docked in Miami as of a few hours ago.

Could she be wet docking for refurbishment?

PE

Crew members on board confirmed to me that she will be dry docked in Freeport. She just let cruisers off in Miami this morning.

A press release a few weeks ago mentioned a redo of the buffet to action stations, similar to other NCL ships, along with an attempt to address the aft sewer smells. Plus the normal replacement of carpets, etc. Maybe new hull art would be appropriate, but I don't recall that being in the press release.

Hope not!

James,

When will she be back in the swim of things? We are looking at the 3 day cruise out of Miami.

By the way James THANK YOU so much for all your Hawaii expertise. It came in handy while we were cruising on the beautiful POA. I have to say that I was so happy with my cruise.

Freeport. Same port she docks at for her cruises.

I heard here that she may also be getting a technology upgrade. Like seeing your bill on the in cabin TV, and perhaps interactive TV for things like making a reservation at the resturants. But I didn't see that in a press release or anything. Some one said it here about 6 weeks ago.

I was on there last month and there was not even a voicemail facility on

the inter-cabin phone service. That would be a useful upgrade.

I guess we have got used to that on the Jewel class ships and tend to expect it on them all.

I was on the Sky this weekend so I have an idea of what they will be doing. While we were docked in Nassau, they were repainting part the hull art so that isn't going to change! I did hear rumors on board about a sushi bar going in, but I don't have any facts on that. I heard that it was going to be on deck 7 where the art room is. On Monday morning, they were taking everything off the walls and cleaning it out, so it seems to be true. Also on Monday morning, they were ripping up the blue mats on deck 12 above the pool, it was really dirty underneath them and they needed to be replaced anyway.

The ship would be really clean and ready to go in 2 weeks!

Hey there Bentley's Mom, we'll be on that same sailing leaving May 11th. Hoping for good things! I was starting to wonder if anyone else from here was going to be on that sailing, nobody ever responded to the roll call.

I JUST called NCL and no...she's in the water today and she doesn't even appear on the drydock SCHEDULE. Not sure where this came from, but according to NCL itself, she's in full operations mode.

I JUST called NCL and no...she's in the water today and she doesn't even appear on the drydock SCHEDULE. Not sure where this came from, but according to NCL itself, she's in full operations mode.

the webcam shows the ship being docked

I don't know who you talked to, but they are seriously wrong. The Sky is in drydock in the Grand Bahama Shipyard. Check out her web cam and see for yourself.

PE

Archived