SKY is in dry dock?

Kdiamond55

DH and I will be on the May 11th sailing. This is the first cruise after the dry dock. Can't wait to see what was done. I'm hoping they added the Asian restaurant and Teppanyaki.

coffeebean

Hi coffeebean,

So are you finally going to catch up with Matt Baker?:D

Doubt they added restaurants as there's no extra unused space.:confused:

Have a great time! Look forward to hearing all about it!

DH and I will be on the May 11th sailing. This is the first cruise after the dry dock. Can't wait to see what was done. I'm hoping they added the Asian restaurant and Teppanyaki.

coffeebean

I hope that you will come back and tell us about your cruise and the Sky.

Hi Everyone,

To give you an update we have left the dry dock about an hour ago and will be heading back to Miami this evening arrive in Miami tomorrow morning. As for the dry dock there has been a lot of work that has been completed both technical and hotel side. The Hull art has stayed, but the last remaining Pride of Aloha decorations have been removed (no more hawaian flower carpets, ect. Dazzles has been completely redone, with new carpet, all new upolstory and many of the banquets have been removed in favor for cocktail chairs and tables (the flow is much better, the old banquets were huge and made moving around quite hard) Carpets throughout the ship have been changed, it was a HUGE job, just imagine almost all the capet on the whole ship being replaced. The Atrium sails have been removed so its even more airier in there. The pools have been re surfaced and painted. The entire theater has been re - upolstered. There was also a ton of little repair jobs all over the ship (example fixing broken tiles, mirrors, ect) The biggest addition to the sky is new handicap Balcony cabins up on deck 10. It is all the way forward (an officer cabin was removed to build the new cabin. The sky orginally only had inside handicap rooms now we have some more options. The buffet was also revamped a little, they added more areas to serve, today we all got a trial run of it, and its really good, a new Pasta station, and a stir fry station!!! As well as some more room for the normal offerings!! The sky is in amazing shape now, and looks great. We all can't wait to show off all the improvements that have been made!!

Thanks for the great update. We will be on her 1 June in 8002. I hope we get to say hi to you. Now tell them to fix the darn web cam. It hasn't updated since 1240. I so wanted to see it sail out.

Al

The webcam has been updated. Still not out of dock yet though

I believe this picture is from the pier in Miami and the channel to the ocean. That looks like South beach hi-risers in the distance.

Hi Everyone,

To give you an update we have left the dry dock about an hour ago and will be heading back to Miami this evening arrive in Miami tomorrow morning. As for the dry dock there has been a lot of work that has been completed both technical and hotel side. The Hull art has stayed, but the last remaining Pride of Aloha decorations have been removed (no more hawaian flower carpets, ect. Dazzles has been completely redone, with new carpet, all new upolstory and many of the banquets have been removed in favor for cocktail chairs and tables (the flow is much better, the old banquets were huge and made moving around quite hard) Carpets throughout the ship have been changed, it was a HUGE job, just imagine almost all the capet on the whole ship being replaced. The Atrium sails have been removed so its even more airier in there. The pools have been re surfaced and painted. The entire theater has been re - upolstered. There was also a ton of little repair jobs all over the ship (example fixing broken tiles, mirrors, ect) The biggest addition to the sky is new handicap Balcony cabins up on deck 10. It is all the way forward (an officer cabin was removed to build the new cabin. The sky orginally only had inside handicap rooms now we have some more options. The buffet was also revamped a little, they added more areas to serve, today we all got a trial run of it, and its really good, a new Pasta station, and a stir fry station!!! As well as some more room for the normal offerings!! The sky is in amazing shape now, and looks great. We all can't wait to show off all the improvements that have been made!!

THANKS FOR THE UPDATE!

We are sailing in November and it will be our first time on the SKY. I've looked at so many pictures prior to dry dock and I'm so glad they got rid of the Hawaiian stuff. To me, it looked tacky.(from what I could see in the pictures and videos) I'm more excited now for our trip!:D

~Molly

Hi Konakate, we are on the July 6th sailing too. Looking so forward to it! Whole family is going. We have 6 cabins.

Great! We are a group of 8. You should join the roll call. There are a few people who have posted. I grew up cruising, but this is our first cruise with the kids (5 and 8). So excited!!!

Hi coffeebean' date='

So are you finally going to catch up with Matt Baker?:D

Doubt they added restaurants as there's no extra unused space.:confused:

Have a great time! Look forward to hearing all about it![/quote']

Hello barb...

Yes, we finally saw Matt Baker again and he didn't disappoint. He is the best host of the Newlywed, Not So Newlywed Game and he was over the top for the Quest. In fact, the Quest Matt hosted on the Sky was the most risque game I have ever seen. I won't go into detail, but my husband sure wishes he saw the Quest after I gave him the details of the new additions to the game. Austin Powers is alive and well and love that harmonica!!!

On a four night cruise, there was no crew show which we both really love. The crew didn't perform Fountains on this cruise either.

Sister ship, Sun, has the Asian restaurant and Teppanyaki. This is why I thought they could convert the same space on Sky into these dining venues. You were correct, the Sky does not have these restaurants after the dry dock.

coffeebean

From what we gathered from some of the crew members we asked the only things done during dry-dock were basic repairs, some cleaning, some carpet replacements, etc. This was our first cruise so I don't know what the SKY looked like before but the hallway decorations were still hawaiian themed and there were no new restaurants. I'm not sure if the buffets were revamped or not but they appeared to flow well and we never really had to wait in line for long. They did have little stir-fry stations that were delicious in the buffet and breakfasts were delicious. We only ate in the main restaurants for dinner and thought the food was good. Unfortunately I didn't really think to capture any photos of the ship interior, only a couple of views from our balcony.

Archived