pre reserving shore excursions

i guide the sky

I know that it's easy to cancel the ship's excursions once you board. There's a box at the shore ex's desk that you can drop your tickets in. You just have to do it before the deadline to cancel.

If you want to cancel before the cruise, I'm not sure. But you can check the princess.com website to see.

I was wondering can you cancel pre reserved shore excursions prior to sailing for a full refund or are you locked in, if you pre reserve?
As long as the online Princess excursion booking tool is available you can just go on and cancel without any charge.

Once onboard the booked excursion tickets should be in your room. When your tickets are delivered to you is when your onboard account is charged. Usually the deadline to cancel is 24+hrs prior, often about 6 PM two evenings before the port day. If you want to cancel you just have to turn your tickets in to the Excursions desk. No questions asked, and the charge is credited to your account.

There are rare occasions where one can cancel within the normal non-cancellation period. We have had instances for snorkeling tours where they will announce just prior to boarding "seas are a little higher than usual - if you are not a good swimmer then you may cancel" - and we've done this with no problems at all. We also had one instance where two ports were reversed in order, and what was a 9 a.m. start time for that port became a 7 a.m. start - again they let us cancel with no problem.

Of course if the Captain decides to skip a port all Princess excursion bookings are automatically cancelled.

If you are past the cancellation deadline and wish to not go on the excursion for personal reasons, then you have already paid for the space on the tour and there will be no refund.

If you are ill on the day you can only get a refund if you visit the doctor and he signs to say you are unable to go.

This means paying a doctors fee but is usually better than losing the whole amount.

The Princess Patter will list the closing time for excursions in each port. This is usually about 7pm two evenings before you are scheduled to arrive in a port. Certain excursions, like those involving airplane flghts and/or hotel rooms require more notice to cancel. This is explained in the tour description.

I was wondering can you cancel pre reserved shore excursions prior to sailing for a full refund or are you locked in, if you pre reserve?

Yes you can, I just got off of the Coral and before we left for the cruise we had decided not to do a excursion so simply went into the princess site where we booked the excursions and cancelled. We double checked when we got on board by requeting a statement from the pursers desk and it did not show up.

'

Marilyn

Archived