Standard Recommended Packing List?

gwlaw99

I don't understand the problem....The Rule of Marital Closet Space clearly states that the wife is entitled to 95% of all closet space. Since a suitcase is merely a small closet, the wife is automatically entitled to 95% of all suitcase space. Upon arrival, the wife also is entitled to 95% of all closet space in the cabin or hotel. It's really quite simple.......

I disagree with men being allowed 5% of closet space. My DH has always had to use the guest room closet.

I have one side of our walk-in closet. My side is slightly bigger, but it also holds the clothes hampers.

If you look in our closet, there is no guessing which side belongs to us. My side is neat and organized. His side looks like a bomb just exploded in his clothes. :sigh:

I don't understand the problem....The Rule of Marital Closet Space clearly states that the wife is entitled to 95% of all closet space. Since a suitcase is merely a small closet, the wife is automatically entitled to 95% of all suitcase space. Upon arrival, the wife also is entitled to 95% of all closet space in the cabin or hotel. It's really quite simple.......

Exactly right!

Our problem is not the closet in the cabin-- it starts before that. My DH usually travels with 3 women (his cousin, her roommate, and me THE WIFE). He has made the rule over 35 years of traveling that each PERSON must carry whatever they bring. No more than one 25/26 inch rolling bag (now under 50 pounds) and one carryon. This is just neccessity. Break the rule and I guarantee that there will never ever be a skycap anywhere and every taxi driver will have "severe back pain". So male or female everyone has to handle their own. Good point I have NEVER not had enough room in the closet!

I forwarded Bruin Steve's packing list to my DW. SHe came back and said that there were a FEW things left out of the man's list. Here is her added suggestions:

What they left out for the man…

electronic device 1

electronic device 1 – larger size

electronic device 2

electronic device 3

battery charger for 1and 2

battery charger for 3

battery charger for cameras

10 extra batteries in case the chargers don’t work

electronic book

paper book in case the electronic battery runs out, the charger does not work and the batteries are wrong size

GPS for continually knowing exactly where you are in the world

charger for GPS

extra batteries for GPS

extra camera in case lose first camera

forget to bring… instructions for how to use the new electronic devices

forget to bring batteries or charger for extra camera

What do you think guys?

That is soooo funny and TRUE! However, I have taken over the ebook. I don't even let him play with it anymore. Besides, the tech geeks attention span is too short to read a whole book.

Furthermore, it is DH who needs the extra suitcase for shoes. He wears a 12 narrow and they push his luggage overweight every time. We just got back from a short cruise and I was the one packed in the small duffle and he in the large suitcase.

• 1 month later...
I disagree with men being allowed 5% of closet space. My DH has always had to use the guest room closet.

Oh my gosh my husband uses the guestroom closet also and I have a huge walk in..Im glad Im not alone!!

Steve, I have had such fun reading your list tonight..I even printed it out!!

LOL

Jancruz1

Bruin Steve, Very very funny but not always true! the last two cruises we have been on my DH had to pay a "overweight baggage fee" when checking his large suitcase. My suitcase is the same size but no overweight charge for me.

The only good thing about the luggage fees is that if you are "under" weight you feel so superior and "better than" those people slowing down the line trying to add and subtract at the head of the line :D

Archived