So what's good to eat on Carnival?

A couple questions. I don't think I've ever seen the warm chocolate cake on the dessert menus I've seen online, do you have to ask for it specifically? And I had heard the filet mignon and new york strip steaks are no more, just the flat iron steaks, is this true? I've never ordered sandwiches from the deli because they normally have tomatoes on them and I can't eat tomatoes. Can you order them without? And lastly, has anyone ever tried to order a hawaiian pizza made (ham and pineapple)? Although I think last time I cruised carnival the pizza's had tomato chunks in the sauce. Thanks everyone! Pictures look great and I'm so excited!

Strawberry bisque, Chilled Mango soup, Pumpkin soup, French Onion soup.

Shrimp cocktail (and tiger prawns)

BBQ ribs, tilapia, chateaubriand with Bernaise(mmmm) lobster, crabcakes.

Warm chocolate melting cake, Bitter and Blanc, and surprisingly: the Orange diet cake (a light sponge cake).

YIPPEE....someone else likes the Bitter and Blanc. I think that is better than the chocolate melting cake anyday.:D

Me, too! and I can almost taste it! 71 days to Rome, 74 days to embark!

I was wondering....can I ask for that every night for dessert?

Carnival Destiny...July 09 Leaving tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carnival Splendor...Dec 08

NCL Sky...Aug 08

RCCL Liberty OS...Dec 07

Crown Princess...Dec 06

Carnival Liberty...Dec 05

RCCL Mariner OS...Dec 04

RCCL Radiance OS...Dec 03

Carnival Imagination...Dec 02

A couple questions. I don't think I've ever seen the warm chocolate cake on the dessert menus I've seen online, do you have to ask for it specifically? And I had heard the filet mignon and new york strip steaks are no more, just the flat iron steaks, is this true? I've never ordered sandwiches from the deli because they normally have tomatoes on them and I can't eat tomatoes. Can you order them without? And lastly, has anyone ever tried to order a hawaiian pizza made (ham and pineapple)? Although I think last time I cruised carnival the pizza's had tomato chunks in the sauce. Thanks everyone! Pictures look great and I'm so excited!

The warm chocolate melting cake is a 'standard' and is actually on the dessert menu every night!!! I don't think you can miss it (and I have heard that ordering the fresh fruit plate on the side can turn it into an instant chocolate fondue!!!)

I believe you are correct that the filet mignon and NY strip are gone and replaced by the flat iron.

As for the deli you can absolutely ask for the sandwiches without tomatoes - my gf asked for smoked salmon - on a plate - with nothing else and they were more than happy to oblige.

I don't remember a hawaiian pizza at the pizza place - but then again I don't look for it cuz I don't like it - but the chevre and a few of the others were excellent - altho I think the chevre is the only one that is NOT made with tomato sauce!

Carnival does well with anything that has shrimp in it. The grouper also was excellent along with the snapper. Short Ribs were great, babybacks were great.

I must say however that the filet was the worst I have ever had.

Wow seeing the pizza case brings back memories! I loved the goat cheese pizzas, or the ones with gourmet items like artichoke hearts & such. Really delicious. The pizza I had on the celebrity century was ok, but I thought carnivals was better - at least from our sailing on the Pride.

My opinion is I thought main dining room food was a bit better on Carnival, coffee much better.

If you're accustomed to RCCL food...it's generally accepted that Carnival's food is better!

Desserts in the Lido Restaurant

Deserts-98.jpg

We just got off Carnival Victory a week ago!

Both the wife and I noticed that the food was better since we were on board just in Nov. last year 08

if that tells you anything..

The Pizza seemed improved, too, I'm happy to say!

Pizza-1.jpg

Also on the Lido deck are these guys cooking Chinese in a biig wok!

Wok-315.jpg

You should be OK. :) :)

• 1 month later...

We rarely have lamb at home, so I order it whenever it's on the menu.

We also love, love, love the Caesar Salad.

The escargot is wonderful in the Supper Club. We like it in the DR, too.

We rarely have room for dessert, but DH has to have the chocolate melting cake most nights!

The chocolate melting cake is basically chocolate lava cake with extra fudge. You need the ice cream and the cake on your spoon.

We always ordered a appetizer and a soup or salad even though they're both in the apps section. All of the soups we had were delicious.

Off to look for my cruise food pictures.

Archived