So what's good to eat on Carnival?

One of my favorite parts about cruising (and on Carnival specifically) is the food. My husband teases me about it actually... :p

This thread just reminded me of all the great things to come in just a few weeks. Here are some of my faves:

Bitter & Blanc
Grand Marnier Souffle
Chicken Tenders
Fried Mozzarella
Short Ribs
Filet Mignon (Supper Club)
Cheese Pizza
Strawberry Ice Cream
Chicken / Mushroom Pasta
Rosemary Foccaccia (Supper Club)
Baked Alaska
Pastries @ Afternoon Tea
Tortilla Chips @ The Grille
Mac & Cheese!!!
Stuffed Corn Bread
Corn Chowder
White Chocolate Bread Pudding
Wild Mushroom Cream Soup

And don't tease... but the chocolate mints. :o

[quote name='limoguy1'][SIZE=3]Dont eat to much warm chocolate melting cake unless you have a desire to gain weight!:p
I saw the ingredients for the stuff, 10 pounds butter, 80 eggs...No thanks!![/SIZE][/QUOTE]Slight exaggeration- recipe for 400 guests- but I don't have eggs on cruise to balance out the cholesterol average!

We really enjoyed the baby back ribs (had it in the MDR for dinner and itappeared at lunch one time), prime rib (medium rare), flat iron steak (medium rare), mongolian steak salad (lunch in mdr), sweet and sour shrimp (dinner in mdr and appeared in lido buffet same night), grand marnier souffle, baked alaska, creme brulee, braised short ribs, lemon confit topped grouper fillet, egg custard danish, croissants, fried chicken, strawberry frozen yogurt...

• 3 months later...
We just got back from RCCL's Independence Of The Seas and really missed Carnival's wonderful food. When we were on the Valor, they offered a Pasta Bolognese every night in the Lido. Do they still do this on any of the Carnival ships? It was wonderful! RCCL seems to only offer the white cream sauce with pasta which wasn't very good at all. Also, you can't beat Carnival's burgers and fries out on the grill near the pool.

[quote name='RitaVil']{I've only sailed RCL previously}

What are the not-to-be-missed yummies on board Carnival?[/quote]

Our family favs are....
chocolate melting cake.....very rich.
The grill on the Lido deck has a grill w/ incredible cheeseburgers.
The sushi is very fresh. And can't forget the icecream machine that is out till 11:00 unlike RCCL which is put away at 6:00. You are sure to find many items that make your palate happy.

Happy sailing.

Here is my revised favorites list;

Crab Cakes
Caesar Salad
Any Pasta dish as a starter
Pumpkin Soup
French Onion Soup
Sweet and Sour Shrimp
Grilled Mahi Mahi
St Louis Ribs
Beef Short Ribs
Penne Mariscos
Vegetarian Lasagne
Diet cake desserts; orange, lemon, coconut, banana
sushi
fish and chips, bouillabaise, calamari fritters from fish and chips restaurant.

So many more, but I think I will leave it here:D

[quote name='luvcdays']I didn't see anyone mention this, but my favorite item on the Splendor was the Cheddar Pot. It was squash baked with cheddar cheese and topped with a pastry crust. I don't normally like cheese on my veggies, but this was a high quality cheddar and it was awesome. We leave for Rome in 19 days and I am hoping they will have this on the Dream.

Where do you get the sweet & sour coconut shrimp on the ship? Is is served in the dining room?

Thanks[/quote]

I tried that vegetable / cheddar pot pie on the imagination! I loved it. I was the only one at the 10-top to order it, so glad I did. When I had it, I could not really taste the cheese, don't know if it was just me or if it was made differently. But it was delicious and the crust very flaky & perfect.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Melismass']Strange, I know, but I abolutely love those nacho chips on the lido deck, piled high with taco meat, cheese, salsa, sour cream. I could eat them 3 times a day. Oh, I do!:D[/quote]

Oh, this sounds good! Is this from the lunch buffet?

Are "short ribs" and "baby back ribs" the same thing?

I love all of the cold soups - Strawberry Bisque, etc. I do ask them to pour the pitcher full of soup into my unused wine glass & drink it like a smoothy. Yummy!

On our last cruise, I noticed a few other cruisers copying my idea. Much easier to drink it then spoon it into mouth.

[quote name='New2thewaves']We just got off of the Sensation, and Hubby and I both thought that the Lasagna was the best thing on the ship! It was by far the best Lasagna that I have ever had (and I love Italian food). Not too rich. :)[/quote]

Us too! My DH actually tried to find the recipe online to make at home, but he can't duplicate it. :(

Other favorites for us:
Bitter and blanc (or any of their bread puddings)
Cheeseburger & French Fries from the grill (usually I go grab some bacon from the last few minutes of breakfast and then make a bacon cheeseburger or put the bacon on my deli sandwich)
lobster
the chilled fruit soups
the first night Indian entree
cappuccino in the dining room
creme brulee
shrimp cocktail

yum! 24 days to go! :D

• 2 weeks later...
When we sailed on the sensation in 2008, I loved the Strawberry Bisque, and of course the chocolate melting cake.

I make the melting cake at home now, from Carnivals recipe and vary it up a bit, it helps fill the need between cruises lol, because once you have melting cake..your life will never be the same.

MaitaiMary - we are down to 12 days, where are you off too?

We was seated with a couple with 3 kids at dinner and it was their first cruise , they all ordered something different for desert the first night.We
all ordered chocolate melting cake and when it came my daughter was full
and didn't want hers so I offered it to them to all try and the rest of the cruise everyone at our table had chocolate melting cake by the fourth night our waiter didn't even ask he knew what we was going to get.Also
the reuben sandwiches at the deli are great...

Archived