Does Carnival still offer Skeet Shooting??

DTC

Years and years ago (ok 15) we were on the Sensation for our honeymoon. As my hubby and I were reading over the capers from the previous day (day late and dollar short) we saw they had skeet shooting. He was really bummed, being in the US Military, he thought that would have been neat.

We will be cruising with our 14 yr old son and I know he'd love to try that. Does anyone know if they still offer it??

We will be on the Liberty in Feb.

Thanks!!

Not that I know of on any ships. But somebody correct me if I'm wrong. It might be an ecology thing.

You are correct. I do not know when they stopped, but they probably have a good reason.

Bummer!! My husband just said "thats too bad, it would be a good way to keep the pirates away!!"

Not that were cruising around Somalia :rolleyes:

It was on RCI in '86 but not in'90. I think it in an environmental issue, same as driving golf balls off the fantail.

We frequently go on a day "cruise to nowhere" from West Palm Beach. They offer skeet shooting. The first time my husband tried it, he asked about the clay used to make the "pigeons". The crew member showed him one of the "pigeons" which was made from a biodegradable material that would not hurt the fish or the reefs in the area. The crew member also said that they use to offer hitting golf balls and they were also made from a biodegradable substance.

Our first Carnival cruise was in 1991 and they offered skeet shooting then. I also remember it on the next couple cruises we took which were 1992 and 1994. I think it went away in the mid-90's.

Archived