Trip Insurance

scubagirrl

I'm looking into booking a Mediterranean Cruise for 2010 and the trip insurance offered would be nearly $1200US for the two of us.

Is this about right? I've never paid anything near this high.

Trip is Rome to Venice.. seems like alot.

Any comments??

I'm looking into booking a Mediterranean Cruise for 2010 and the trip insurance offered would be nearly $1200US for the two of us.

Any comments??

That does appear high. Which insurance carrier? I have been very satisfied with Travelex. My cruise this Fall to the Amazon is approx. $400 PP.

Is that the insurance through the cruise line? If so you don't want it anyway as it does not protect you against the financial default of the cruise line. Also $1200.00 is very high. We booked a 14 day Oceania cruise from Venice to Barcelona for next April and our insurance through AccessAmerica is $625.00 for the two of us. We are over 60 and the cost increases the older you are.

Make sure you are comparing "apples" to "apples" for the coverage. Be careful for some insurance companies you may need to "deselect" "Cancel for ANY reason". "Cancel for Any Reason" will probably increase the cost by 25% to 30%.

MSEm

Yes your insurance is based on your age and the cost of the cruise you are covering. I do agree that the "Cancel for any reason" option is nice to have but quite pricey. You need to seriously consider if you want to add that option. Then if you just change your mind a week before the cruise you can cancel. Otherwise it covers you or your spouse's illness usually must be certified by a doctor or the death or serious illness of a immediate family member. Read carefully so you understand what you are getting.

Any comments??

It depends upon the cost of the cruise and the age of the travellers![/COLOR]

Archived