new C&A benefits posted on RCI web site???

I just read this and am confused about Diamond + benefits. In explaning changes after Sept. 1, there is reference to the nightly event providing wine and champagne and 25% off drinks and says it is for Diamond and Diamond Plus. The next paragraph states that the Concierge Lounge will only be available to suite pax and Diamond Plus members. So which is it? If Diamond Plus members have access to the CL, then why does RCI say the nightly "event" is for Diamond and D+? I don't get it.

you got it...the event is for both but only D+ and suite guests (OVER junior suite....) get to use the CL....

The CL that the suite guests use has free drinks (wine/beer/mixed drinks) and hourdevours. Not discounted drinks. You are supposed to consume any food or drinks in the room but I have taken drinks out of the room to my wife who was still getting ready.

I know the drinks are free in the CL. I have been going there for several years. I just want to know if Diamond+ are going to have access to both. If so, then basically, nothing has changed for me as D+ (and Diamonds until Sept. 1) have had the option of going to the "overflow" lounge or the CL ever since I became Diamond. So then, this only does affect Diamond members, as I previously thought until I read this wording.

I know the drinks are free in the CL. I have been going there for several years. I just want to know if Diamond+ are going to have access to both. If so, then basically, nothing has changed for me as D+ (and Diamonds until Sept. 1) have had the option of going to the "overflow" lounge or the CL ever since I became Diamond. So then, this only does affect Diamond members, as I previously thought until I read this wording.

I suspect that after Sept 1, there will be less need to open an overflow lounge for suite and D+ guests. So even though nothing has changed as far as D+ benefits, the evening 5-8:30 venue may not be as enjoyable as when it was held in an overflow lounge, say for example, up in Hollywood Odyssey.

My interpetation (sp) Suite guests and D+ can use the CL where they drinks are "free". There is a nightly event to which D's can go and get drinks at a 25% discount. If D+'s choose to go to that event they will also receive drinks at a 25% discount.

The CL that the suite guests use has free drinks (wine/beer/mixed drinks) and hourdevours. Not discounted drinks. You are supposed to consume any food or drinks in the room but I have taken drinks out of the room to my wife who was still getting ready.

I know that....i'm diamond.....

(i was able to take stuff out too.....i just had the bartender make my drinks in paper cups...)

Archived