cruise ship ports

I am doing a Canada/East coast cruise in Oct. In the following ports can I get off the ship and obtain a taxi, or walk to a near by shopping and restaurant area: SAGUENAY, CANADA, BAIE-COMEAU, GASPE, QUEBEC, SYDNEY, CANADA, and ST. JOHN, CANADA.

Has anyone taken a HAL boat tour in any of these places that they would HIGHLY recommend? Thanks!

I took the Bras d' Ors Lake tour out of Sydney on a gloriously beautiful day. It was a lovely ride.

Had the weather been cold or rainy, I don't know that I would still be as thrilled with it.

I suggest you look at the Canada board. There are many ongoing discussions on that board about different sightseeing options. You also benefit from the input of passengers on other cruise lines besides HAL!

Getting ready to cruise on the Maasdam repositioning cruise FL to Montreal. Will do some post cruise review and will be able to answer some of your questions. We are also booked for the return repositioning cruise in October from Montreal to Fort Lauderdale.

In the meantime there is a ton of information already available on the Maasdam May 8 Roll Call.

There are only 945 posts on the May 8 roll call! The sightseeing information is hard to find. Maybe aliaschief can give us a clue as to what pages are pertinent!

We are on the May 23 cruise.

I am doing a Canada/East coast cruise in Oct. In the following ports can I get off the ship and obtain a taxi, or walk to a near by shopping and restaurant area: SAGUENAY, CANADA, BAIE-COMEAU, GASPE, QUEBEC, SYDNEY, CANADA, and ST. JOHN, CANADA.

Has anyone taken a HAL boat tour in any of these places that they would HIGHLY recommend? Thanks!

Quebec City is the perfect walk-off-and-wander port. Lots of small shops and restaurants within walking distance, museum opposite the dock for rainy days. Usually some taxis waiting at the terminal, or for the more adventurous there's a city bus stop right at the dock.

There are only 945 posts on the May 8 roll call! The sightseeing information is hard to find. Maybe aliaschief can give us a clue as to what pages are pertinent!

We are on the May 23 cruise.

It has been a great Roll Call, however, I don't have the time (packing) to highlight areas and it would take me just as long.

In Saint John, New Brunswick, the cruise docks are just a few minutes walk from the uptown area--no need for a taxi.

Archived