NHL Playoffs on RCI?

We are sailing on the AOS on May 17th and my son is a rabid NHL fan. Can someone who was on an RCI ship in the last week or so tell us if the ships are showing any of the playoff games?

Thanks for your help.

We are sailing on the AOS on May 17th and my son is a rabid NHL fan. Can someone who was on an RCI ship in the last week or so tell us if the ships are showing any of the playoff games?

Thanks for your help.

They will only show the Penguins games.........lol, just kidding.

Since the playoffs are not on ESPN, I do not know what, if any will be shown. The weekend day games are on NBC so they should show these. The week night and weekend night games are on Verses so the ship's bar would have to get these off satellite. I do not think RCL gets the sports package required to broadcast these games.

If the Pens make it to the next round, I will have to go with missing a few games as well.

you may get an NBC feed on the ship, but i don't think you will be able to see Versus or any of the Canadian networks. (CBC or TSN). This used to be a problem for me as well, but since my Lightning suck so bad and are not even close to the playoffs, it is a non issue.

They will only show the Penguins games.........lol, just kidding.

Since the playoffs are not on ESPN, I do not know what, if any will be shown. The weekend day games are on NBC so they should show these. The week night and weekend night games are on Verses so the ship's bar would have to get these off satellite. I do not think RCL gets the sports package required to broadcast these games.

If the Pens make it to the next round, I will have to go with missing a few games as well.

Pens fans here as well, and we're on the Liberty May 23. I'm hoping it's an issue as by that time, we'll be nearing or in the Stanley Cup Finals. Let's Go Pens!

We were on the Monarch last week and did not see any of the NHL playoffs (even the game 7's) either in the room or in any of the bars. Seemed they were playing/getting the NBA games but not the NHL games. Glad to be home now to watch the next round. GO CAPS!!!

Pens fan,

I will be on the liberty for the same date, I will help you find the tv showing the bruins and red wings playing for the cup.

It's looking less likely that I'll have to worry about it, down 2-0 now, but you never know. Heading back to Pittsburgh tomorrow, so anything can happen. GO PENS! And God, I hope the Red Wings don't win the Cup again. Anybody but them.

• 2 weeks later...
Pens fan,

I will be on the liberty for the same date, I will help you find the tv showing the bruins and red wings playing for the cup.

Big game tonight to see if your Bruins can join my Pens in the semis!

My son and I will be on the Liberty May 23rd. He is in Detroit right now to attend Game 7. We will find the games somehow...lol

Pens fans... Do we really have to take you out again?

It will be a great cruise regardless... Look for a big kid with the Osgood jersey, that will be us.

I'm on the Freedom on June 7, and that could possibly be around the time game 6 and 7 of the SCF is being played. I've never seen hockey on a RCCL ship. I'm a HUGE Pens fan, so hopefully we will just sweep whoever we play in the finals, so that won't be an issue ;)

We were on the Liberty last week and we got no US sports programming. Being from Boston, it was very frustrating. Also, no more little newspapers so you have to go online to check scores.

Hey, a thread on the NHL playoffs...

RCI does carry ESPN the Spanish channel. All I remember is the Sunday night football game being reaired on a Monday.

Pens vs. Detroit for the cup.

(I am a Montreal fan, with the team about to being sold, I have no idea how the Habs will do next year.)

hahaha ... I tried to convince my DH to go on a last minute trip to hold me over till September ... He said "not as long as the Caps are in the run" ... jeez.

Caps always choke against the Pens. So, the Pens did you a favor. Now, you can get your cruise and your hubby doesn't have to worry about hockey until next year.

Pens fans... Do we really have to take you out again?

It will be a great cruise regardless... Look for a big kid with the Osgood jersey, that will be us.

I guess I can live with missing a few Pens games (I don't like it but I can live with it). However, if it were a Steelers game, then it would be a big issue. I don't cruise during football season for this exact reason.

I don't know about the Redwings this year. The Pens might have the team that can match up better than they did last year. I would love for the Pens to get another CUP this year. Beating Detroit in the finals would be priceless.

When can we expect your Detroit Lions to ever face the MIGHTY STEELERS in the SuperBowl????? lol.

I guess I can live with missing a few Pens games (I don't like it but I can live with it). However, if it were a Steelers game, then it would be a big issue. I don't cruise during football season for this exact reason.

I don't know about the Redwings this year. The Pens might have the team that can match up better than they did last year. I would love for the Pens to get another CUP this year. Beating Detroit in the finals would be priceless.

When can we expect your Detroit Lions to ever face the MIGHTY STEELERS in the SuperBowl????? lol.

That's why we only talk Red Wings... I live in Orlando and therefore have no obligation to the Lioness's... I mean Lions...lol

You might be eating crow tonight if My DUCKS win tonight!

Mike

No sweat... My son flew to Detroit for the game this morning and will bring home the win!

Besides, without the blown call early in the series, it would already be over.

Archived