Liberty of the Seas Balcony Question

I am booking a graduation cruise for my son. The whole family is going. (Western Caribbean, June, 2010)

My travel agent is suggesting that we reserve the balconies at the aft of the ship as opposed to either side. She is saying 7708, 7710, 7410 or 7408.

There is going to be 2 passengers per cabin.

I understand to balcony is larger, but i would like to see where I'm going as opposed to where I've been.

Any thoughts??????

Please, give me your balcony suggestions in E1 or E2.

Thanks.

any e1 or e2 midship = good for us

i like the aft balcony but dh doesnt like the walk- they are wonderful tho-

we usually like deck 6 hump cabins - nice mid ship location and close to the ocean

have a great cruise-

any e1 or e2 midship = good for us

i like the aft balcony but dh doesnt like the walk- they are wonderful tho-

we usually like deck 6 hump cabins - nice mid ship location and close to the ocean

have a great cruise-

I told my T/A that I thought a hump cabin would be good but she said the are noisy do too stairs and elevators nearby. Are they noisy?

Sam

I am booking a graduation cruise for my son. The whole family is going. (Western Caribbean, June, 2010)

My travel agent is suggesting that we reserve the balconies at the aft of the ship as opposed to either side. She is saying 7708, 7710, 7410 or 7408.

I understand to balcony is larger, but i would like to see where I'm going as opposed to where I've been.

Any thoughts??????

Thanks.

I have been in mid-ship and aft. I, personally, prefer mid-ship for the convenience of location. Try to get staterooms next to each other and the stateroom attendant can open the balcony partitions for you.

The hump cabins are NOT noisy--the stairs and elevators are in their own "hallway" and aren't open to the cabin hallways. They are very convenient cabins, those humps!

Book the cabin you want---the ship isn't that large that you can't visit the rest of your family when you want! Indeed, I'd prefer to be a bit away from most of my family, since I'd be seeing them all over the ship!

I told my T/A that I thought a hump cabin would be good but she said the are noisy do too stairs and elevators nearby. Are they noisy?

Sam

They aren't that close to the elevators. We were in a hump on deck 8, it was pretty quiet.

Sam

Has your TA ever stayed in a hump cabin? I have several times and they are NOT noisy at all and they are very convenient. I have also stayed towards the back of the ship although not in a stern-facing cabin (the ones your TA recommends). I did not like the vibration back there, but others here will tell you they didn't mind it or didn't feel it.

My advice to you is the same an a poster above gave....get the cabin YOU want!

Hope you have a wonderful cruise and congratulations to your son!

Any thoughts??????

Thanks.

Take a look at my picture flasher and see the view from the aft. Much more peaceful all the way in the back.

Sam

Sounds like a misinformed TA to me. Maybe you should reonsider booking with him/her, and book directly with RCI instead.

The stairs and elevators are in their own lobby, not in the passageway with the cabins. Cabins near the elevator/stairs are in high demand because of the convenience, and there are no issues with noise.

On a Freedom/Voyager class ship, I don't care for balconies across the rear of the ship because the view is somewhat obstructed by the beams and structure of the ship.

I have stayed in both locations.

Unless you are lazy, aft is the way to go.

The balconies are MUCH MUCH MUCH larger than the side cabins' balconies.

As for noise:

Yes, hump cabins are "sheltered" from the elevator lobbies by an additional hallway, but the fact is that everyone walks by your cabin.

You can hear their conversations in your cabin. Soft conversations sound soft. Loud conversations sound loud. Kids yelling, kids running, people laughing. Not the worst thing in the world, but it's there.

In an aft cabin, no one walks by your cabin unless they "live" there. MUCH MUCH MUCH quieter.

:)

Sam

You are getting bad information from your TA. Hump cabins are not noisy, they have a great view and are close to elevators.

I have stayed in both locations.

Unless you are lazy, aft is the way to go.

The balconies are MUCH MUCH MUCH larger than the side cabins' balconies.

As for noise:

Yes, hump cabins are "sheltered" from the elevator lobbies by an additional hallway, but the fact is that everyone walks by your cabin.

You can hear their conversations in your cabin. Soft conversations sound soft. Loud conversations sound loud. Kids yelling, kids running, people laughing. Not the worst thing in the world, but it's there.

In an aft cabin, no one walks by your cabin unless they "live" there. MUCH MUCH MUCH quieter.

:)

I think calling everyone "lazy" because we do not want to cruise in an aft cabin offensive. I'm sure there are lots of people like myself who have walking difficulties for various reasons and want to be near to the elevators. You should think about what you are saying next time

Last Sept on the Liberty we had 8620 on the port side and the view leaving Miami is so much fun.....8616-8618 are joining rooms so look and see if they are available.....

:DWe booked 8340 and 8338, starboard side. I think these will be great cabins.

Anybody have any pictures of these cabins?

I think calling everyone "lazy" because we do not want to cruise in an aft cabin offensive. I'm sure there are lots of people like myself who have walking difficulties for various reasons and want to be near to the elevators. You should think about what you are saying next time

Oh, please. Give me a break. I was answering the question of the original poster, who is traveling with teens, and his/her own travel agent recommended aft cabins. S/he is obviously considering it. I was responding to HIM or HER, not to every politically-correct-obsessed reader of internet message boards.

Oh, please. Give me a break. I was answering the question of the original poster, who is traveling with teens, and his/her own travel agent recommended aft cabins. S/he is obviously considering it. I was responding to HIM or HER, not to every politically-correct-obsessed reader of internet message boards.

MM, I appreciated your point of view.

Thanks.

LOL...Okay...I'll give you a break.....LOL.:D

Let everyone who can't, won't and don't ....want to walk to the aft.... book wherever they are comfortable. It will be one less we have to fend off....LOL.

• 6 months later...

Archived