Why is it only California?

ManyMore

It's also offered to seniors over 55. Too bad DH is having back surgery next Monday, or we would be on that cruise quicker than you could say, "Mexico not included."

Why is it only Cailfornia that has reduced their cruise rates for not going to Mexico? Is it because they have to go to Canada? Who wants to do THAT!

I believe it's a supply and demand thing. Not that mexico is a demand to consumers but WARM climates are. Canada is a tad cooler this time of year then mexico or the carribean. So to fill the ships they reduce the rates to get people to book. If they reduced the rates for the changed sailings from galveston and florida then you'd have 50k people wanting to book those 10k rooms (fictional numbers). Carnival knows this so they keep prices the same and still fills their ships (and wallets).

I believe it's a supply and demand thing. Not that mexico is a demand to consumers but WARM climates are. Canada is a tad cooler this time of year then mexico or the carribean. So to fill the ships they reduce the rates to get people to book. If they reduced the rates for the changed sailings from galveston and florida then you'd have 50k people wanting to book those 10k rooms (fictional numbers). Carnival knows this so they keep prices the same and still fills their ships (and wallets).

Winner! Winner! Chicken dinner!

Why is it only Cailfornia that has reduced their cruise rates for not going to Mexico? Is it because they have to go to Canada? Who wants to do THAT!
Us folks in Cali get ripped from the rest of the country constantly. Plus we have another actor for a governor ( a rino too) and just because I guess....;)

Until that magical island nation appears off the western coast of Mexico that is what Carnival will have to do.:D

I will concede that cruising to Canada this time of the year can't be all that warm and many booking the Mexican Riviera did so to get WARM. But in a warmer part of the year, Canada is beautiful. Especially Vancouver, one of the cleanest "big" cities in North America IMHO. Victoria is a pleasure all unto itself (Empress Hotel and Buschart Gardens are wonderful). I have no idea what Astoria has to offer.:confused:

Us folks in Cali get ripped from the rest of the country constantly. Plus we have another actor for a governor ( a rino too) and just because I guess....;)

You got that right, historically Carnival charges alot more on the Left Coast then anywhere else for their cruises.

So when we see a break we Jump on it @!@!

Fred

You got that right, historically Carnival charges alot more on the Left Coast then anywhere else for their cruises.

So when we see a break we Jump on it @!@!

Fred

Well we booked a spa9 balcony 809.00 total, even if it's cold outside, stay on board, eat, drink and play bingo.

Archived